Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Giants aggressively pursuing a pennant in the Wild Wild NL West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

^^^ I even got that one in there already! ^^^

Thanks!

I'm limiting the trade post to just the weekend, the Chapman deal (because it's big), and today, I think it's all updated (feel free to correct me on any missing trades or wrong trades). I left Bruce to the Mets off intentionally because it's not official yet.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

We should have got Klay's bro out of this

While that would have been fun, the Holmes/Montas/Cotton package seems like a pretty great return for 2-3 months of Reddick and Hill.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What's the delay on announcing what prospects the Mets will be sending over to the Reds?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

TV Zombie posted:

What's the delay on announcing what prospects the Mets will be sending over to the Reds?

Apparently one of them has some kind of medical issue and it's holding the whole trade up. It sounds like they're working on figuring out who's going to go over for Bruce instead of the injured mystery prospect.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It sounds like the Bruce trade is slowing down the Reds-Mariners trade too, naturally.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Susac for Will Smith alone would have an overpay, so yes.

That's not true. But adding Bickford makes this trade terrible IMO.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
How is Jonathan Lucroy still not traded? It seems like people are selling the farm for good starters right now.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
God drat it Cleveland leave Beltran alone. You need an outfielder, just promote the guy you have in AAA who is OPSing .900, stick him in left, and tell him to just not embarrass himself.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

How is Jonathan Lucroy still not traded? It seems like people are selling the farm for good starters right now.

Presumably the Brewers are asking too much for him. He also vetoed the one deal that actually looked like it was going to go through with the Indians.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Lucroy has a $5.25M team option ($25k buyout) and he wants a promise from any team he's traded to that they won't exercise it so he can test the open market in the winter, and he's vetoing trades to any team that won't cut him loose after this season.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Not trade related, but the Mariners have only one off-day in all of August. Woof. That's tough.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Beltran headed to the Rangers for Dillon Tate

:(

it's for the best

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Will Smith should have gone to Philly. :colbert:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Looks like Beltran to Texas for RHP Dillon Tate + others is a done deal.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Sounds like Beltran to the Rangers for Tate (Rangers 2015 1st rounder)? Unless we're getting #Rosenthali'd again

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dillon Tate was a top 5 pick last year, wasn't he? :stare:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lucroy vetoed going to a possible world series contender, let him loving do nothing in wisconsin if that's where he wants to be. he's alright but not worth spending the farm on

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Bubblegum nooooooooooo

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Senf posted:

While that would have been fun, the Holmes/Montas/Cotton package seems like a pretty great return for 2-3 months of Reddick and Hill.
I suppose so, just trading them too.

at least Reddick is joining his friends McCarthy and Anderson

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

CubsWoo posted:

Lucroy has a $5.25M team option ($25k buyout) and he wants a promise from any team he's traded to that they won't exercise it so he can test the open market in the winter, and he's vetoing trades to any team that won't cut him loose after this season.

I heard he was willing to let the Indians not waive the option if they'd promise he'd be their starting catcher in 2017, but they said no. So basically he either wants to be able to test the FA market this winter, or be assured he's starting next season so his value doesn't go down.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Not trade related, but the Mariners have only one off-day in all of August. Woof. That's tough.

I hear there is a gently used Matusz with an undefeated record available. Might be worth mixing him into the rotation every few weeks.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Lol Dillon Tate for 2 months of Beltran. What a lovely draft.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Senf posted:

It is a good return. I was initially mad about it and have since talked myself into being happy with the trade. Montas is a high-floor guy who at worst will be a pretty good reliever. Holmes was a first round pick and has the highest upside but he's young and still needs to learn how to throw strikes. Cotton is closer to MLB and probably also ends up an RP, with less upside than the other two.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

coronaball posted:

That's not true. But adding Bickford makes this trade terrible IMO.

Yeah you're right, overpay was the wrong word. Still I'm not excited to see "Josh Osich, but who can strike people out" as the reliever pickup, even without including Bickford in the deal.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah. Not the greatest stat line this season, but still seems like Beltran gets a huge return again.

Also, Indians broke their own trade of "prospects" for Brandon Guyer.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Paperback Writer posted:

No if Reddick was on the DL he wouldn't have been traded.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

IcePhoenix posted:

He was but he has looked like straight garbage this year. I seriously doubt he turns into a starter, but he could be an impact reliever.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Sydin posted:

I heard he was willing to let the Indians not waive the option if they'd promise he'd be their starting catcher in 2017, but they said no. So basically he either wants to be able to test the FA market this winter, or be assured he's starting next season so his value doesn't go down.

Yeah Cleveland was planning on having Lucroy split time at C, 1B and DH and they were one of the 8 teams he could veto a trade to so too bad for them

Apparently the teams Lucroy can veto going to are CLE DET MIN LAA OAK SDP SEA and WSH

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

I suppose so, just trading them too.

Don't forget former A's prospect Andre Ethier.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

First pitcher taken and first guy overall after the top three shortstop no-brainers.

Hot drat I knew he was struggling in the minors since signing but a year later he's being traded away for a two month rental?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

CubsWoo posted:

Yeah Cleveland was planning on having Lucroy split time at C, 1B and DH and they were one of the 8 teams he could veto a trade to so too bad for them

Apparently the teams Lucroy can veto going to are CLE DET MIN LAA OAK SDP SEA and WSH

We've seen players block trades to large market teams in order to possibly get a big extension out of the trade. Is it possible he's blocking trades to small/mid-market teams so that they are encouraged to trade him to big market teams where he'd get one?

Also, all those teams are pitcher friendly parks and include the most extreme pitcher parks in baseball?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

zakharov posted:

Beltran headed to the Rangers for Dillon Tate

:(

it's for the best

I'm kind of amazed we got somebody I had heard of for Beltran, to be honest.

Boy howdy the rest of this season is going to be rough to watch.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm kind of amazed we got somebody I had heard of for Beltran, to be honest.

Boy howdy the rest of this season is going to be rough to watch.

Counterpoint: Finally time for Aaron Judge!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

tadashi posted:

Counterpoint: Finally time for Aaron Judge!

Still injured :(

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

He was but he has looked like straight garbage this year. I seriously doubt he turns into a starter, but he could be an impact reliever.

Yeah it seems like they tried to unfuck his incredibly noisy delivery because there's no way he could start with it, but it might have been what made him good to begin with

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

No if Reddick was on the DL he wouldn't have been traded.
Brandon McCarthy is now healthy and has a 2.39 ERA/2.64 FIP this season :)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ragnarok the Red posted:

First pitcher taken and first guy overall after the top three shortstop no-brainers.

Hot drat I knew he was struggling in the minors since signing but a year later he's being traded away for a two month rental?

You're not all in this year if you haven't traded top prospects to the Yankees for a rental.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Reminder that Smith was traded for Nori Aoki straight up not too long ago (I thought the Brewers were crazy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/Indians/status/760185510622965762

• Locked thread