Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Free Market Mambo posted:

My theory that only the worst of people buy dirtbikes for their kids has never once been wrong.

There's a wooded area behind my house, and one of my neighbors (I'm not sure who) bought their fat kid one of those miniature motorcycles. He looks to be about 10.

Around 10:30 every night he rides around in the wooded area for at least an hour. The first night he did it I woke up and thought "my God, someone's back there cutting down trees", until I got up and saw his headlight bouncing around back there.

I swear, if I could string up wires and behead that fat little gently caress I would, but that shouldn't fix his parents who think it's fine to let him keep the neighborhood up just because school's out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
I've been in the same apartment for 19 years now :smithicide: and for the most part the neighbors are... well, I'm a loving goon and don't interact with people much, so I guess they're OK. :v:

Except for the last few tenants who've been in the unit below mine. The last three have been goddamn infuriating (oldest first):

#1 - possible goon, up all night playing World of Warcraft, like I care - except subwoofer. Finally left after end-of-lease, and multiple noise complaints, in the process dumping an astounding amount of cat-hair covered WoW gameboxes and time-card packaging into the dumpster, including two of those Logitech G-19 color-LCD display keyboards - which were solidly gunked with (presumably) food and more cat hair.

#2 - started off with incense, every afternoon, heavy enough to infiltrate up through my floor. Annoying, but not nois.. oh wait, he decides to start late-night loud TV. (Loud enough to be echoing off the walls.) And then go to bed. (Five minutes of doorbell and door-pounding at 2 AM to wake his rear end up, for example.) Although, I find later, that might have been his girlfriend, who had been banned from the building due to moving in without being on the lease and causing other problems. He also, early on, ran out of money for incense, and went directly to hotboxing the apartment - again, something I wouldn't care about if it didn't make *my* place smell skunky. After many *many* complaints, he finally reached end-of-lease and left.

#3 - part of a package deal, as the unit below me, and the ones on my floor and downstairs on the same side, all got rented at roughly the same time. (I'm #7, downstairs is #3, so #8 and #4.) #3 for certain *loooooves* his subwoofer, running it for hours at a time during the day. And occasionally late at night, and three times around 6:30 in the morning. (So far.) Sometimes he wears headphones, which is good... except that's when he's playing online, and trades subthump for "WOOOP!" and other yelling. We'll see if the new landlord is more willing to boot loud assholes.

Remember the package deal? #4 (and possibly the roomie of unit 3, not certain) are/were horrible dunks/stoners, doing poo poo like moving in/out while wasted, at midnight or later - leading to dropping all kinds of household goods all over the parking lot. ("Hey, lemme shatter a bigass ceramic jar of flour at 1:30 AM! tired now, gonna sleep halfway into my carzzzzzz.") #4, being behind on rent, lied off his rear end to the landlord about "I'll catch up in a couple weeks - oh, yeah, I'm just moving poo poo out because we're getting new furniture!" (Oddly enough, you generally don't pack out all your clothes to get a new couch. Usually don't buy new furniture if your power is disconnected for nonpayment, either.) No surprise that they were in the wind soon thereafter.

Unit 8 is another drunk/stoner, but *quiet* and thus I don't care.

Previous tenants include two different skeeves in unit #5 - both were thieves. The first one, I suspect, broke into my van (only to discover the boxes inside were poo poo I was taking to the dump, lol), and for sure stole the lightbulbs out of everyone's porch light when they moved out. The second one (or their "guests") broke into all the onsite stiorage closets, we figure.

Also fun: the building was built before the through street out front was widened, thus losing the street parking. So, eight unit building, with six parking spots before people either have to find street space or park someone in. One tenant was having such issues with getting parked in that she cut a deal with the next-door neighbors, so she can park in their driveway. I only have one vehicle myself... but every other apartment seems to have two loving cars, and none of these motherfuckers can park for poo poo. (The skippers from unit 4 were even worse, though.) One tenant decided to have her friends "carpool" when they went off for a weekend, by way of them parking their cars at/near the building. (One parked blocking part of the alley and got a warning notice.) Another one parked poo poo (not enough room left on one side to fit another vehicle in) and then went off for about ten days.

About the only reason I'm putting up with all this poo poo still is I've been here long enough to get a grandfathered rent - for the same rate I pay now (1 bedroom apt @ $475) I'd be lucky to find a shitbox studio or a room at "Stabby McMethhead's Transient Palace".

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
had a neighbor who was a hoarder get evicted and all the roaches from his place took up residence in my apartment it was real cool

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Tace Vim posted:

when I was 7 the redneck kids from 2 houses down tied me up in the back of the broken-down school bus in their front yard , poked me with sticks and called me friend of the family.

lol

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Neighbor across the hall was this old guy with autism or some such, when I'd come home from work he'd emerge wearing nothing but dirty white underwear and would try to force his way into my apartment to pet my cat

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I have an uncanny gift of ending up with the worst neighbors. This is how I learned that dubstep sucks rear end.
Latest neighbors to my row house have kids & dog. Last month they left for a week and the dog howled day & night. They had someone stop in to feed it daily just to skirt being negligent.
I hope Baron rips their throats out.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Tace Vim posted:

when I was 7 the redneck kids from 2 houses down tied me up in the back of the broken-down school bus in their front yard , poked me with sticks and called me friend of the family.

my bad

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My wife, brother and and a friend of ours went to Chicago one weekend. For the first time ever in 9 years, there were 4 cars in our driveway for more than a few hours and all were well out of the street, but the sidewalk crosses the driveways on the addition and two of the cars were hanging out over the sidewalk.

In the middle of the next week, we received a letter that appeared to be typed by a 3yo and read something like this:

DEAR SQUAREJAW :

THIS PASt weekend TheRe WERE four CARS iN your DRIVeWay that WERE BloCKinG the SiDEwalk. Some Of Our RESIDENTS arE NOT steady ON THEY'RE feet and NeeD the SIDewaLk to get To theY're mailbOX. Some of ThEM may have HAd to stEP into the sTreeT to gEt theIR mail.

A CONCERNED RESIDENT

We're pretty sure it was this minister down the street who was a huge piece of poo poo. My neighbor was in her 80s and a sweet old lady. After I got divorced and my brother moved in, we had party after party with 20-30 people, people puking in the front lawn, music blasting, blowing stuff up, people loving on the deck, etc. It probably helped she was almost deaf, but for as bad of neighbors as we were for a few months, she never said a peep. One summer, she was out walking her little peekapoo on its leash and it got loose. The dog went to the minister's house and my neighbor went into the minister's yard and fell trying to get the dog. The minister then decides later to tell the entire addition that my neighbor was a "window peeper" and planted this big tree like 3ft from her front bay window so my neighbor couldn't peep.. One night my brother and I mixed up a bucket of saltwater in a 5 gallon bucket and he and another friend watered her tree. Within a few weeks, it was brown and she had to have it removed.

The same minister used to throw her cat poo poo on the property next to hers that wasn't built on yet. The mowing service refused to mow it until she stopped so finally the HOA stepped in and made her stop. However, she'd already ruined her relationship with the mowing service who also happened to do snow removal so they would plow her drive shut every time it snowed in the winter.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 3, 2016

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I live in the sewers so all my neighbors are crappy

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Zeluth posted:

Cockroaches and fleas and you name it. You have to live somewhere.

In the middle of the night when you see your front door knob turn slowly, that's when you're glad you have a lock.

thats creepy man. real creepy and bad

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

The Endbringer posted:

Sounds like it's the perfect time to set up an air compressor or something in your place just to gently caress with her. Just leave it running all day, and when she complains she'll be reminded how it can't possibly be your fault!

I'd be lying if I said this thought hadn't crossed my mind at all. As it is, more than a few times during all of this I contemplated blasting something like Rammstein to give her an idea of what something pounding would sound like coming from us, but that's my Italian/Sicilian nature in it's spoiling for a fight phase kicking in. It boils down to she's just a nasty hateful old lady who never really leaves her apartment and from what we've seen only gets visited by the person from Social Services doing a check on her so her starting poo poo with her assorted neighbors is all she's got going on in her life. With how obsessed she's been, I really wouldn't put it past her to if we had moved, accusing us of somehow sneaking back into the apartment to keep making noise. I'm just happy it's finally over.

Coffee Grindr
Jul 4, 2008
Stimulating
Our neighbour writes us notes asking us to stop our cat looking at her. It likes to sit on a bedroom windowsill, which looks into her kitchen. We've seen her put them in the letterbox but when I went next door to talk to her she denied it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Hell is Other People

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

The Hamster Man posted:

Our neighbour writes us notes asking us to stop our cat looking at her. It likes to sit on a bedroom windowsill, which looks into her kitchen. We've seen her put them in the letterbox but when I went next door to talk to her she denied it.

Lol. "Your cat is staring at me. Make it stop. Signed-not the lady it stares at."

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
At the end of the cul de sac next to my parents' house there is a nice big house but it has like 4 white trash families living in it simultaneously, which explains how they afforded it I guess. I wonder whose name is on the deed.

Anyway they used to do the ATV/quad thing up and down the street, cops or no cops nothing could stop them, but one of them must have fallen off (and hopefully died) or they ran out of money for fuel cause it doesn't happen anymore.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

The Hamster Man posted:

Similarly, I had a neighbor who lived below me and complain that our cat was too active during the day. "Sometimes I hear it running from one of the apartment to the other for minutes!"

After we left the place was rented by a friend of a friend. He worked for the Transit Authority and got up at 3am to go to work. He had to move out because she would follow him to his car every morning, yelling that he doesn't respect his neighbors by having a job that starts so early.

In the 4 years I lived there she never had a single visitor.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
My neighbors across the street would have crazy parties every weekend all summer and it was really cool bc they would have a live band or dj and shoot fireworks. The only bad part was that they'd get drunk and ride 4 wheelers up and down the street all day long. That all came to a screeching halt when three people died when a 4 wheeler couldn't stop in time at the end of the road and flew into a tree-lined streambed

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

ChrisHansen posted:

My neighbors across the street would have crazy parties every weekend all summer and it was really cool bc they would have a live band or dj and shoot fireworks. The only bad part was that they'd get drunk and ride 4 wheelers up and down the street all day long. That all came to a screeching halt when three people died when a 4 wheeler couldn't stop in time at the end of the road and flew into a tree-lined streambed

so what you're saying is install a streambed

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Right after I moved in to my current apartment last year I matched with a girl on tinder. I have a corner place at the end of the hall and she turned out to live one floor up the stairs by my door and across the hall. She moved like 2 months after I moved in but that was the laziest and easiest relationship/fwb-type-thing I've ever been in.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

GAWDAMMIT SHUT UP

BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Cephalectomy posted:

one time my neighbor walked down the street and shot the guy at the convienience store 6 times in the face with a revolver. what a lovely neighbor the gas station guy was nice

Rude! I hope you left a stern note stuck in his doorframe.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
My fat gently caress neighbor and his disgusting cow of a wife weigh a combined 800 pounds between them, and at 5 am every day they let out their two equally fat dogs (whose bellies actually drag on the ground) to bark at everything in sight. The first time I asked him to control his dogs after it woke up my 3-year-old and newborn (at the time) he responded with "sorry, but, dogs are gonna bark". After a few requests this escalated to a cursing fight in the middle of the street but when I went to get in his face he got in his car and drove away.

I took video after video and handed their asses to them in court through my town's court-monitored civil dispute mediation. They talked real tough about how great their lawyer was but once we were in court I made that fat gently caress eat poo poo, admit to the barking, and sign a binding document that they would control their dogs' barking "to my satisfaction". I can see in his corpulent face the rage at me for daring to control his lifestyle. These are people who hang crosses everywhere and have a Virgin Mary statue in the backyard but can't exercise the slightest courtesy to their neighbors.

A few times after court, they tried to let the dogs out again to test the waters, but I had a nice chat with the sergeant who, as luck would have it, also had a problem with his neighbors dogs and was very receptive to my problem, so after 2 police SUVs rolled up with spotlights blaring on their house at 5am one winter morning, I haven't heard poo poo in months. If the police come back they will be issued citations and their dogs declared public nuisance according to my town's code.

I also have video of him swinging a broom at the dogs after the court mediation, since apparently that's what passes for discipline in his cholesterol-clogged brain, so if i ever have another problem with them I can charge him with animal cruelty also.

Once in a while I catch him glaring at me so I yell "what" and do my best come-at-me-bro stance, at which point he turns around impotently and puts his head down.

And for the record I have a dog, and here is a list of things he barks at:
1) bears

So for anyone suffering from some selfish jerkoff letting their little rats bark to no end, there is recourse in the court system. Your neighbor doesn't care about you, the police usually don't give a poo poo about anything other than defusing the current situation, so it's up to you to find your town's noise codes and push papers at them until they are at the point where they either pay or shut their dogs up.

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 4, 2016

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

PXJ800 posted:

"sorry, but, dogs are gonna bark".

Most dogs don't bark all the time anyway so him saying that is bullshit.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

ThePeavstenator posted:

Most dogs don't bark all the time anyway so him saying that is bullshit.

I cannot tell you how much that made my blood boil. I surprised myself by actually walking away; never in my life have I wanted more to wrap my fingers around someone's neck and squeeze until my strength gave out. My dog hardly ever barks because he is socialized and well cared for. These dogs are NEVER walked, pent up in the house all day, and only let out to the side yard to sit around with the only stimulation being whatever passes by on the street. I can't legally claim abuse, because it's not a crime to feed your dogs into heart disease, but it's disgusting the way these dogs (a spaniel and a toy terrier mix) waddle about. All 4 of them in that house have to take steps one at at time, planting both feet (or all fours, respectively) on one step before hefting themselves up to the next.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

PXJ800 posted:

My fat gently caress neighbor and his disgusting cow of a wife weigh a combined 800 pounds between them, and at 5 am every day they let out their two equally fat dogs (whose bellies actually drag on the ground) to bark at everything in sight. The first time I asked him to control his dogs after it woke up my 3-year-old and newborn (at the time) he responded with "sorry, but, dogs are gonna bark". After a few requests this escalated to a cursing fight in the middle of the street but when I went to get in his face he got in his car and drove away.

I took video after video and handed their asses to them in court through my town's court-monitored civil dispute mediation. They talked real tough about how great their lawyer was but once we were in court I made that fat gently caress eat poo poo, admit to the barking, and sign a binding document that they would control their dogs' barking "to my satisfaction". I can see in his corpulent face the rage at me for daring to control his lifestyle. These are people who hang crosses everywhere and have a Virgin Mary statue in the backyard but can't exercise the slightest courtesy to their neighbors.

A few times after court, they tried to let the dogs out again to test the waters, but I had a nice chat with the sergeant who, as luck would have it, also had a problem with his neighbors dogs and was very receptive to my problem, so after 2 police SUVs rolled up with spotlights blaring on their house at 5am one winter morning, I haven't heard poo poo in months. If the police come back they will be issued citations and their dogs declared public nuisance according to my town's code.

I also have video of him swinging a broom at the dogs after the court mediation, since apparently that's what passes for discipline in his cholesterol-clogged brain, so if i ever have another problem with them I can charge him with animal cruelty also.

Once in a while I catch him glaring at me so I yell "what" and do my best come-at-me-bro stance, at which point he turns around impotently and puts his head down.

And for the record I have a dog, and here is a list of things he barks at:
1) bears

So for anyone suffering from some selfish jerkoff letting their little rats bark to no end, there is recourse in the court system. Your neighbor doesn't care about you, the police usually don't give a poo poo about anything other than defusing the current situation, so it's up to you to find your town's noise codes and push papers at them until they are at the point where they either pay or shut their dogs up.

Bad neighbors always seem to own a bunch of dogs that they inevitably mistreat. Why is this so common?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

PXJ800 posted:

I cannot tell you how much that made my blood boil. My dog hardly ever barks because he is socialized and well cared for. These dogs are NEVER walked, pent up in the house all day, and only let out to the side yard to sit around with the only stimulation being whatever passes by on the street. I can't legally claim abuse, because it's not a crime to feed your dogs into heart disease, but it's disgusting the way these dogs (a spaniel and a toy terrier mix) waddle about. All 4 of them in that house have to take steps one at at time, planting both feet (or all fours, respectively) on one step before hefting themselves up to the next.

I think this is a US problem tho because every dog I've seen when I've been to Europe was really well behaved and they even let people bring them to restaurants. Then I think of a friend of mine from grade school who had idiotic, lazy parents and they just went to the pound, got a black-lab mix and let it do whatever. The dog wasn't house trained until it was almost 2.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
I've had loud, drunk, meth head rear end in a top hat bikers as neighbors before, they were nothing compared to the rear end in a top hat church that moved in next door.

gently caress heads would start singing at 8AM everyday, and would have church at their place every night until 9 complete with drum circle and electric guitar/bass.

Police and landlord couldn't do anything, it wasn't ever at too late of a time and if they came to the door half of them would go into the backyard so they couldn't even hit 'em for fire safety.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

When I was really young and lived in the boonies of southern Missouri one of our "neighbors" I guess you could say convinced people he could like channel Leonardo da Vinci and other famous dead people. He wrote and self-published books about it and I guess was a sort of minor cult leader? Last I heard from my dad he's living broke and alone after his entire family cut ties with him for abuse.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My next door neighbor at my old apartment was pretty cool and chill and raised some of the most well-behaved kids I've ever had as neighbors, but she had some serious baby daddy drama. Once or twice a week her ex would come around and 4 visits out of 5 there'd be no issues, but the rest of the time they'd be fighting. He usually wouldn't really get mad, just loud. Then at some point some lines were apparently crossed and he shows up one night with a posse pounding on her door and demanding that she let him in, culminating in him trying to break the door down (thankfully, for as lovely as those apartments were the doors were loving solid.) He and his friends scattered when the cops pulled up and I never saw them again, then a few months later she moved out.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
My neighbors just strangled to death their 2 year old I didn't even know they had :darksouls:

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
My junkie neighbors across the hall in a lovely college apartment harbored some crazy lady who stabbed a customer at 7-11 down the road, so the police put on their solider costumes and battering rammed down the door and dragged them all out by their hair and necks at 3am.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a house in a hip and upcoming neighborhood and then the city took a whole square block and built the worst loving section 8 housing.

My most memorable non violent story was a crack addict offering me the chance to gently caress her stoma for $10.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

In college, my nextdoor apt neighbors and their friends got into a fight and fired 15 or so rounds off chasing one of them out of the apt. One round went into the window of another unit where a 4 year old was sleeping and 2 went into my friends car. The SWAT team showed up and evac'd us because we were next door and hunkered down. The guy getting shot at crashed into the dumpster and bled out of his stomach in the drivers seat as we sat on the corner across the street with swat weapons on us

big trivia FAIL fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 5, 2016

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

I called into work that day with the excuse that I saw a man die and was being held in place by swat and my manager said "uhhh...we could really use you...."

embykins
Jul 4, 2009
My old neighbor who was a Vietnam vet ended up making local news for barricading himself in his home for three days after someone dinged his car and drove off. He used to leave little gifts at our doorstep to reel us in and then end up making outrageously sexist and racist remarks so we learned to ignore his offerings. It seemed like the only way he knew how to connect with people was by trying to provoke them. Oh, and he had been a counselor for sex offenders for some years so I'm pretty sure he was just living vicariously through the accounts his patients gave. Ugh.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
If i leave the garage light on my neighbour comes over to remind me to turn it off the loving bitch

on the other side there is a giant piss baby human being who yelled at me for shooting fireworks off on christmas day

sometimes when he lets his dog out onto the deck i stand in my yard and stare at it and show my teeth. it get real angry and looks like it might jump over the fence and attack me

i hope it does so I can bash its head in legally

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jeff Sichoe posted:

If i leave the garage light on my neighbour comes over to remind me to turn it off the loving bitch

on the other side there is a giant piss baby human being who yelled at me for shooting fireworks off on christmas day

sometimes when he lets his dog out onto the deck i stand in my yard and stare at it and show my teeth. it get real angry and looks like it might jump over the fence and attack me

i hope it does so I can bash its head in legally

You left your garage light on

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
They are my Lumens and I shall waste them as I wish!

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Maybe she's just trying to help you not waste money on you electricity bill?

Or she's a bitch who needs to mind her own business, it's a very fine line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

Fallen Rib
she's actually very sweet but very intrusive and i'm pretty sure if I want her to stop looking in my kitchen window I gotta flash her my dick :(

• Locked thread