Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jeff Sichoe posted:

she's actually very sweet but very intrusive and i'm pretty sure if I want her to stop looking in my kitchen window I gotta flash her my dick :(

Lol if you aren't already walking around naked and boned up with your curtains up all day, just :lol:

It's your drat house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My next door neighbor thinks it's perfectly OK to use her pushcart leafblower to blow all her yard waste onto my driveway, covering both my and my wife's cars in dust and debris. Not just "oh I was blowing stuff onto the street and some got on your property" but full-on "I am riding up and down the side of your driveway clearing off the edge of my property directly onto yours."

Problem is, I don't think she actually lives next door, I think she's just the landlord, so I almost never see her except for when she's clearing the lawn. Next time I catch her doing it I'm going to ask her to stop, but the outlook is grim IMO - she very obviously knows what she's doing and I doubt me asking her to stop is going to change anything. I feel like I at least have to make the effort to ask her before I start taking photos and going to the police about it.

Honestly my biggest issue is I don't feel being known around the neighborhood as the guy that got into a shouting match with a 65+ old lady, but I also don't feel like being the pissbitch who gets his cars washed every time the neighbor decides to clear off her yard.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

drunk asian neighbor posted:

My next door neighbor thinks it's perfectly OK to use her pushcart leafblower to blow all her yard waste onto my driveway, covering both my and my wife's cars in dust and debris. Not just "oh I was blowing stuff onto the street and some got on your property" but full-on "I am riding up and down the side of your driveway clearing off the edge of my property directly onto yours."

Problem is, I don't think she actually lives next door, I think she's just the landlord, so I almost never see her except for when she's clearing the lawn. Next time I catch her doing it I'm going to ask her to stop, but the outlook is grim IMO - she very obviously knows what she's doing and I doubt me asking her to stop is going to change anything. I feel like I at least have to make the effort to ask her before I start taking photos and going to the police about it.

Honestly my biggest issue is I don't feel being known around the neighborhood as the guy that got into a shouting match with a 65+ old lady, but I also don't feel like being the pissbitch who gets his cars washed every time the neighbor decides to clear off her yard.

Put up a fence.

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

Jacob likes air cooled VW's
Juggalos with no power who run a generator at night. Temps are nearing 100 and their windows are open and allow the whole block to hear them screaming at each other all day. "MOTHERFUCKER!" They knock on my door a few times a week asking for rides, money or if they can borrow my phone. :smith:

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
The lady that lives in the apartment below me is offensive in every possible way. She's a middle-aged woman the size of a small truck, gets disability, has about four cats, and her voice is exactly like one of those zany kid's cartoon characters but raised about 40 decibels above normal speaking volume. Since she's so huge and can barely move, she keeps hours like her cats and stays up all night playing computer games with the speakers on. Her voice is so loud you can hear her through the floors sometimes, and disgustingly enough she has a boyfriend (a male version of her) that sleeps over and they have some version of sex that makes the entire apartment shake.

The main thing is she gets those diabetes shits all the time and if I am in the bathroom I can hear her grunting and making GBS threads. Due to her voice being so drat loud, her grunts pierce through the floor and a couple times a day when I am home I hear "UNGGGGGGGGGGGG...... UNGGGGGG....UNGGGGGGGGGGGGG....."*FLUSH*

She's not doing anything directly to me or the two other apartments that share walls with her, but her size and volume mean her live is completely on display as we can always hear what she's doing and saying.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I don't like the people that live in the upper level of the duplex I'm currently living in. They're human loving garbage and we have had nothing but problems with them since they moved in last December. Yesterday I got home from a little vacation. Unpacked my poo poo and noticed that my outdoor thermometer wasn't reporting to my weather station. I went out and discovered that the batteries had been taken. Obviously it was the people upstairs because who the gently caress else would it be? I put in new batteries and taped the door shut to prevent these assholes from trying this again in the future. In the time I was inside installing the batteries and syncing to the weather station, some guy appeared on the back porch. I say porch but it's more like stairs to the backdoor. So this guy was crouched in front on a charcoal grill lighting the coals. Which is a fire hazard, first of all. So this guy was blocking my path. I said "excuse me" and expected him to move like a normal person would to let me by. He said "no man I can't move!" As if he couldn't move for even a second. I then walked behind him and lightly brushed against him and put up the thermometer where it was before. He said something like "man you better watch where you're going! I'll kick your rear end!" I informed this piece of poo poo that I live here and if he had moved like I asked we wouldn't have a problem, he said "I don't give a gently caress! I'll kick your rear end!" At which point I went back into my unit, closed and locked the door without saying anything further. The guy that actually lives here knocked on my door a minute later, spouting rhetoric about "disrespecting" his friend. I slammed the door in his face and again locked it and went back to my business of unpacking from the vacation. They knock on the door again and my wife informs them we will call the cops if they continue to harass us over this.

A few minutes later I overheard the other woman that lives here saying "That's assault!! :nyd:"

A few minutes later someone knocks on the door AGAIN. This time it is a cop. They called the loving cops on me, thinking they could get me arrested for assault. loving lmao. Luckily I had a case # handy from April, when the guy that lives here threatened me and my wife for no reason, so I had called and filed a report in case something like this happened again. The cops left and didn't arrest me. I loving wonder why. Thank gently caress I'm moving in 3 weeks and won't have to put up with this poo poo anymore.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Volcott posted:

Put up a fence.

I rent unfortunately, but I also don't think I should have to spend money on a solution when the real solution is "deal with your own loving yard waste"

CSPAN Caller
Oct 16, 2012
Whenever the college students next door forget their trashcan in the street, some old guy in our neighborhood grabs the trashcan, carries it up to my porch, and places it directly in front of my door.

I've caught him coming onto my property a few times. I've told him that it's not my trashcan and I've told him not to trespass. Do the police respond to calls about mildly irritating stuff like this?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

bradzilla posted:

I don't like the people that live in the upper level of the duplex I'm currently living in. They're human loving garbage and we have had nothing but problems with them since they moved in last December. Yesterday I got home from a little vacation. Unpacked my poo poo and noticed that my outdoor thermometer wasn't reporting to my weather station. I went out and discovered that the batteries had been taken. Obviously it was the people upstairs because who the gently caress else would it be? I put in new batteries and taped the door shut to prevent these assholes from trying this again in the future. In the time I was inside installing the batteries and syncing to the weather station, some guy appeared on the back porch. I say porch but it's more like stairs to the backdoor. So this guy was crouched in front on a charcoal grill lighting the coals. Which is a fire hazard, first of all. So this guy was blocking my path. I said "excuse me" and expected him to move like a normal person would to let me by. He said "no man I can't move!" As if he couldn't move for even a second. I then walked behind him and lightly brushed against him and put up the thermometer where it was before. He said something like "man you better watch where you're going! I'll kick your rear end!" I informed this piece of poo poo that I live here and if he had moved like I asked we wouldn't have a problem, he said "I don't give a gently caress! I'll kick your rear end!" At which point I went back into my unit, closed and locked the door without saying anything further. The guy that actually lives here knocked on my door a minute later, spouting rhetoric about "disrespecting" his friend. I slammed the door in his face and again locked it and went back to my business of unpacking from the vacation. They knock on the door again and my wife informs them we will call the cops if they continue to harass us over this.

A few minutes later I overheard the other woman that lives here saying "That's assault!! :nyd:"

A few minutes later someone knocks on the door AGAIN. This time it is a cop. They called the loving cops on me, thinking they could get me arrested for assault. loving lmao. Luckily I had a case # handy from April, when the guy that lives here threatened me and my wife for no reason, so I had called and filed a report in case something like this happened again. The cops left and didn't arrest me. I loving wonder why. Thank gently caress I'm moving in 3 weeks and won't have to put up with this poo poo anymore.

poo poo in that guys grill as a going away gift. This is a perfectly reasonable response

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy
^seriously, this is the least you are entitled to after dealing with all that

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013
I live in a pretty nice condo but for some reason half of the building is filled with loving idiots.

The worst of them is the scumbag who lives in the first unit. He's a little Iranian dude in his 40s who lives with his mom. In the few years I've lived here I've seen him naked in the hall more than once, he's flipped his car over in the loving driveway, lit his mattress on fire, beat up and gotten beat up by his girlfriend in the hallway, and been arrested 3 or 4 times. He parks his rusty shitbox 96 Honda civic in the handicap spot out front. He's too lazy to use the front door so he cut a hole in the screen so he can open close the window to climb in and out. When he does use the door it's usually when he walks in with his drugged up girlfriend while they argue. He always slams his door and has his TV at top volume all day. The carpeting in front of his unit is all stained and his door is all hosed up. He collects disability for a leg injury that only seems to bother him when the physical therapist shows up so he doesn't work. The building has a no pet policy so of course he has a petting zoo in his unit.

My favorite story involving him happened just a few months ago. It was like 11pm and I heard all sorts of yelling. Everyone else on our floor has learned to ignore this dude by now except for my dumb self. I go into the hall and his mother is yelling and crying hysterically into her cellphone. I'm hoping I'm gonna see him od'd on the ground dead. I finally get over there and see the dudes grandmother half naked on the ground in the main lobby doorway not moving with the rear end in a top hat and his girlfriend sitting around her. Apparently she had a heart attack, smashed her head on the wall, and was now on the ground not breathing. The girlfriend is on the phone with 911 giving instructions to the rear end in a top hat. She says "they said do cpr" to which he just starts slapping the woman in the face and yelling. They look at me and ask if I know cpr, I go "Nah" (I'm cpr certified) and walk by them and open the door and wait for the ambulance. They show up a couple minutes later and while they're trying to resuscitate her, the idiot keeps loudly talking about how she's gonna live because he did cpr while getting in the fire departments way. Well to wrap it up she died and the building was nice and quiet for the week the family was grieving.

I might seem like an rear end in a top hat for not attempting cpr, but I've seen enough dead people in my life to know she was already completely gone and all I would've done was broken her lovely old woman ribs and given the family a reason to sue.

AutomaticPrince fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 8, 2016

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

AutomaticPrince posted:

I might seem like an rear end in a top hat for not attempting cpr

Nah.

Even if she wasn't already a goner it would be cruel of you to try and stop her release from Hell on Earth.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
I left some halloween decorations up for like a week after halloween.
Neighbor knocks on my door with a newspaper and is like "do you want this newspaper?"
I was like "sure I guess"
Then my neighbor was like "also can you take down your decorations?"

I mean I guess I left them up a bit long but drat just ask me like an adult. (I was like 24 and the neighbor was like 50s or 60s)

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

turbomoose posted:

I left some halloween decorations up for like a week after halloween.
Neighbor knocks on my door with a newspaper and is like "do you want this newspaper?"
I was like "sure I guess"
Then my neighbor was like "also can you take down your decorations?"

I mean I guess I left them up a bit long but drat just ask me like an adult. (I was like 24 and the neighbor was like 50s or 60s)

i hope you left them up forever after that

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
We lived next door to an elderly couple. They were both closet drunks and would only talk to us when we were in the driveway. By "talk", I mean ask weird questions and accuse us of things
- before we moved in, there were no raccoons in the neighborhood according to them. We obviously brought raccoons with us
- because we had cardboard boxes in our garage, they accused us of bringing rats to the neighborhood
- believed Russia was spying on them and asked us if we ever heard clicks while on the phone as though someone was eavesdropping

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

My most memorable non violent story was a crack addict offering me the chance to gently caress her stoma for $10.

Well, don't leave us hanging here..... :stare::fh:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

bradzilla posted:

Lmao holy poo poo is this the same family of the laundry dispute??

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Captain Yossarian posted:

Lmao holy poo poo is this the same family of the laundry dispute??

Yep! Things have escalated since then despite our best efforts to just avoid them and ride out the lease

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
A sign went up in our condo-townhouse backyardy thing last night that reads "To the person who let's their dog out loose every morning, this is for you. Next time it won't be in a bag"
and there's a bag of poo poo nailed to the post.

It's facing my backyard though and we don't have a dog, but I'm excited for that poo poo to cook in the 40° today.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Wamdoodle posted:

poo poo in that guys grill as a going away gift. This is a perfectly reasonable response

Why would you want his burgers to taste better, though?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Regalingualius posted:

Why would you want his burgers to taste better, though?

Lol

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
OOooh I can't help but think of my old neighbor in Paris.

I used to live in this rough-looking but actually sweet neighborhood, just over an old lady with a serious case of "I have nothing going on in my life other than making yours hell".

Everytime I had a party I would leave a message on the staircase so that neighbors would know, show up maybe and so that they'd be cool, and unfailingly the old lady would come up the next morning and be all on my case about the noise. Until that time when I forgot putting up the message and proceeded to have a seriously out of control party. You can probably guess what didn't happen the next morning.

Also yeah, she would accuse me of moving furniture at 3am every so often, and the realtor bothered me a couple of times until they realize she was cray cray.

The weirdest moment was one day when I had a gf who had stayed overnight for the first time. At 5h03am no joke the neighbor starts pounding on my door, and when I open the door with murder in my eyes she's like "The flag haging from your window just fell to the street!". I only answered with a dirty look, because honesty, what do you tell someone that loving crazy, someone with so little to do?

The fun part was coming back to bed swearing like a sailor and falling asleep without hearing the girlfriend ask what was wrong. That must have been so weird from her PoV. Eks dee.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Dawncloack posted:

Also yeah, she would accuse me of moving furniture at 3am every so often, and the realtor bothered me a couple of times until they realize she was cray cray.

Captain Subwoofer has been doing some rearranging around and a bit after midnight of late, but not too obnoxiously. Definite loving around with large wood objects on an uncarpeted floor, however.

No thumpy, and it's not loud enough to wake me or keep me from sleeping, so fuckit.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I'm glad that I don't live in an actively hostile neighborhood where everyone's fearing for their lives 100% of the time. my building has only had one break-in this year, in the apartment next to mine

that being said the guy who lives in the apartment below mine is really damned annoying. he's always wearing his headphones and sitting in front of his computer shouting at and arguing with someone named "Wade." usually he's either complaining about his lovely life, yelling about his wife who supposedly took his kids away from him, or explaining to "Wade" that he's a chosen prophet of Jesus Christ. very often he repeats himself multiple times when he talks; he also prays very loudly and sometimes sings hymns. he clearly has some mental impairment, and possibly a breathing problem which is only exacerbated by his immense weight

if it wasn't for him my apartment would be dead quiet. normally I would have said something but I feel bad for him, the guy seems to be in lovely enough situation as it is. plus the very few times we've come into contact with each other he's been courteous :unsmith:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

AutomaticPrince posted:

He's too lazy to use the front door so he cut a hole in the screen so he can open close the window to climb in and out.

---

He collects disability for a leg injury that only seems to bother him when the physical therapist shows up so he doesn't work.

Record him crawling in and out of the window and take his disability away. gently caress this guy.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Yvershek posted:

Well, don't leave us hanging here..... :stare::fh:

I told her to get lost. A week later I caught her stealing the hose off the side of my house so I called the sheriff's office and they arrested her for trespassing and theft(?).

Also had about half a dozen shoot outs take place inside the city housing. Also got to see the police beat the unholy poo poo out of some guy who tried to jump a female cop. Like I'm pretty sure he was going to be in a vegetative state for life after the beating they gave him.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

As Nero Danced posted:

Record him crawling in and out of the window and take his disability away. gently caress this guy.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

My neighbor is an aging manchild (think Dr. Steve Brule) who will call if you leave the trash can out five hours past pickup. Compared to the rest of you, Dr. Steve Neighbor is nothing, holy poo poo.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
An old Vietnamese lady called the cops on me once when my cat started meowing a lot because it was in heat.

She had about 9 cats, each with their own picture and description taped to her door. They would climb up on my truck and lay on the hood whenever I came home from somewhere.

One of them puked into that vent thing in the hood at the bottom of the windshield.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

I live in the unit below my super so he can tell us off all he wants if he thinks our TV is too loud, but he can build IKEA furniture above my bed at 11pm on a weeknight and I can't say boo.

But every evening this summer there have been cool tenants and their dogs (and cats!) hanging out on the patio together which is great so it's worth it.

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!
Ever since I called the cops on my downstairs neighbor for waking me up with her stereo at 2am she's been pretty quiet. I'm glad she's not passive-aggressive.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

bleep.bloop posted:

Ever since I called the cops on my downstairs neighbor for waking me up with her stereo at 2am she's been pretty quiet. I'm glad she's not passive-aggressive.

It'd be great if the bar across the street from me got the message. The owners of the hair salon next door let the drunks use the lot during the night, and I'm the only person who'll sic the cops on them if they get too loud.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol you pathetic poo poo

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i enjoy the bold choice of words, noons

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
"huh let me move in next to this bar, oooohhh nooo people at the bar are loooooooud"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

If hot takes were hot cakes, nooner could open a pancake factory

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
i inherited my mom's townhome. the median age in the development is 80.

i get the usual complaints during the summer when the grass starts to turn brown. watering the lawn is the least of my daily concerns and hey, every loving july/august the grass turns brown and comes back in the fall/next spring.

on garbage days, the pickup is around 10AM. normally, i am gone at school when this happens, so i can't retrieve the receptacles immediately. inevitably, one neighbor walks over and wheels them up the two car-length long driveway and slams them into the garage door. i know this because i have been home a few times when this has occurred. this man and his wife are dead ringers for judge and mrs. smails from caddyshack. i imagine him muttering to himself while completing this selfless task, "some people just don't belong!"

since it is the lovely midwest, everyone has sump pumps to deal with heavy soaking rains. i noticed that mine went off a lot in the last year. enter the octogenarian neighbor who laughed when he mentioned to me that his sump pump never worked (12 years) and had it finally fixed. old man dude has a finished basement and isn't even concerned about 5 feet of raw sewage. two fridays ago, we received 4.5 inches of rain in under 2 hours. i go out in my raincoat and boots as it is winding down, to listen to the other two units adjacent to mine for noises coming from their sump pumps. of course, the next door neighbor is staring at me through his florida room window but won't come out to talk. the neighbor on the opposite side of the old man dude is a grandmother who moved back to germany. i saw a servicemaster and carpet cleaning vehicle parked in their driveway a few months ago and thought that they may have flooded because all three of our sump pumps form a network. but since her family is rarely there to check on the place, i have no idea what goes on there. they are so strict on rules, needing an approval to plant a few hostas. but you can rent your unit like someone down the way did and come to find out that the tenant let their dog piss and poo poo on the carpets for months on end, leading to a complete replacement of flooring.

all of these people are the king shits of gently caress mountain of this crappy midwestern city. they all gently caress off to the same country club development in florida every september and stay until may. you have tens of millions in the bank and you own a time share in pinellas county. lmfao. you can buy a small house in tuscany or abruzzo for what they pay on that. no class, no dignity, just endless bitching.

Ferdinand Bardamu fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 10, 2016

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

WaryWarren posted:

i inherited my mom's townhome. the median age in the development is 80.

i get the usual complaints during the summer when the grass starts to turn brown. watering the lawn is the least of my daily concerns and hey, every loving july/august the grass turns brown and comes back in the fall/next spring.

on garbage days, the pickup is around 10AM. normally, i am gone at school when this happens, so i can't retrieve the receptacles immediately. inevitably, one neighbor walks over and wheels them up the two car-length long driveway and slams them into the garage door. i know this because i have been home a few times when this has occurred. this man and his wife are dead ringers for judge and mrs. smails from caddyshack. i imagine him muttering to himself while completing this selfless task, "some people just don't belong!"

since it is the lovely midwest, everyone has sump pumps to deal with heavy soaking rains. i noticed that mine went off a lot in the last year. enter the octogenarian neighbor who laughed when he mentioned to me that his sump pump never worked (12 years) and had it finally fixed. old man dude has a finished basement and isn't even concerned about 5 feet of raw sewage. two fridays ago, we received 4.5 inches of rain in under 2 hours. i go out in my raincoat and boots as it is winding down, to listen to the other two units adjacent to mine for noises coming from their sump pumps. the neighbor on the opposite side of the old man dude is a grandmother who moved back to germany. i saw a servicemaster and carpet cleaning vehicle parked in their driveway a few months ago and thought that they may have flooded because all three of our sump pumps form a network.

all of these people are the king shits of gently caress mountain of this crappy midwestern city. they all gently caress off to the same country club development in florida every september and stay until may. you have tens of millions in the bank and you own a time share in pinellas county. lmfao. you can buy a small house in tuscany or abruzzo for what they pay on that. no class, no dignity, just endless bitching.

dont sign your posts

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
im a goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

In my last apartment I had the joy of watching my doorknob getting tried from time to time. I habitually lock my doors when I'm home, and am a reasonable-sized adult male capable of defending himself, so it could have been worse, and the first time it happened I thought it might have just been a mistake. Then it happened again, and upon investigating found it was the seventy-something female neighbor from another apartment in the building. She was lacking a few marbles, and could not seem to remember that the previous tenant no longer occupied my apartment (I'm pretty sure they died in there), and also seemed inordinately fond of me. From then on seeing my door get tried was creepy but at least much less threatening, although trying to avoid the old bat was a bit of a pain. She was regularly visited by a social worker of some sort, so at least someone had some eyes on her.

• Locked thread