Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

both my breakfast and lunch were better than expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

The Bananana posted:

It doesn't count as great because It also wasn't exceptional food. Just... more "chinese" food, but with more cabbage.

if this was the case, then you had the wrong korean food

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

you had some mediocre-looking bulgogi with a bunch of vegetables in it for no good reason and an assortment of accompaniments - plum pickles, kimchi, cucumber salad and bean sprouts... idfk what that brown ribbon poo poo is, maybe tofu skin

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

psychokitty posted:

you had some mediocre-looking bulgogi with a bunch of vegetables in it for no good reason and an assortment of accompaniments - plum pickles, kimchi, cucumber salad and bean sprouts... idfk what that brown ribbon poo poo is, maybe tofu skin

in other words, go to a better korean place next time

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

The Bananana posted:

It has 4.4 out of 5 stars on Google, and the bu...bol... the beef thing I got was recommended. So idk. This is texas, so maybe Korean is just slim Pickens around here... :shrug:

I often wonder if I just moved to a foreign country and opened an "american" themed restaurant, would it be at least a mild success just by virtue of being "one of the few places to get 'American' food"?

you didn't mention the texas part. i'm going to guess that if you're not in Austin therein lies your problem with the "korean" food.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

The Bananana posted:

Haha, I am in Austin. So... next theory

well i've never been there i just guessed that they might be better at it than the rest of texas because idfk

here's something i used to look at when i had spoork http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3591531

psychokitty fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

The Bananana posted:

Yeah. That's right, forums poster psychokitty-- ydfk. Remember that. :colbert:

HEY I KNOW MY KOREAN FOOD NOT MY loving TEXAS FUCKMAN ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU LIVE IN THAT HELLHOLE

• Locked thread