Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hoisted by his own petard. It's just so elegant a way to say that hubris will always be a down fall. What other anachronistic phrases do you all enjoy? Okay well thanks for reading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Moridin920 posted:

lol if you don't use the phrase 'hoisted by their own petard' that's a dope af phrase

thats what I'm saying bro let's bring it back

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Kuato posted:

I've been using "talk to the hand, because the face ain't listening" a lot, with a finger wave added in for good measure. Got me out of a speeding ticket this morning FYI

i like to take this one a step further and point my elbow at the person I am doing it to and say in an I credibly flamboyant voice "talk to the elbow because the hand is on vacation"

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Quote-Unquote posted:

it's "Hoist with his owne petar" you goddamn philistine

tell that to my phones autocorrect

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Quote-Unquote posted:

your phone's autocorrect can suck my goddamn balls Sam

m y phones autocorrect doesn't have a mouth or any kind of vacuum I'm sorry sir

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Quote-Unquote posted:

lol that you don't have a phone that can suck your balls in tyool 2016. hoist with thine owne petar, noob.

i have a vr helmet

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Quote-Unquote posted:

oh i'm sorry. I didn't realise man, you should've said :(

i bought it to jerk off with its cool

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Quote-Unquote posted:

really? I use my hand for that. Way less plasticy and painful.

haha

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

criscodisco posted:

I've been using "FACE!" a lot lately. Like, I'll go to McDonald's and my burgers come out and I put my hand in the cashier's face and shout "face!" and run out the door. I've already paid for the burgers, of course, but I'm sure the cashier is plenty put in her place.

i remember this it's basically been replaced with bye felicia which is stupid I'm gonna bring face back too

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

do people still say winner winner chicken dinner

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's about a freckle past a hair

man I always say this

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Nooner posted:

moer like the OP was hoist by his own RETARD!! lol!! jk budd, love you CS