Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
(Imgur is broken, so imagine I posted the logo here)

Hey! Do you enjoy international club soccer, but wish it was on your continent? Well, it is! It's called the International Champions' Cup The CONCACAF Champions League determines the best club in North America, which has been a Mexican squad for the past eleven Goddamn years. You're going to see the beautiful game played in incredibly ugly (and sparsely attended) places (and that's just the Caribbean!), refereeing that makes MLS's look like perfect robots, and best of all, the puto chant is inescapable! Other than that, it's pretty much equal to Copa Libertadores.

Teams are divided into groups who play round robin with each other. The team with the most amount of points moves on to the knockout round, which is seeded based on those very points.

Group A
Honduras Progreso (Honduras)
UNAM (Mexico)
W Connection (Trinidad & Tobago)

Group B
Dragón (El Salvador)
Portland Timbers (USA)
Saprissa (Costa Rica)

Group C
Central F.C. (Trinidad & Tobago)
Sporting Kansas City (USA)
Vancouver Whitecaps FC (Canada)

Group D
Árabe Unido (Panama)
Don Bosco (Haiti)
Monterrey (Mexico)

Group E
Olimpia (Honduras)
Pachuca (Mexico)
Police United (Belize)

Group F
Alianza (El Salvador)
Antigua (Guatemala)
Red Bull New York (USA)

Group G
Heredianco (Costa Rica)
Plaza Amandor (Panama)
UANL (Mexico)

Group H
FC Dallas (USA)
Real Estelí (Nicaragua)
Suchitepéquez (Guatemala)

Facebook Live will stream all the games in English (even the ones without MLS teams!) during the group stage, which is either a step up or a step below FS2, depending on how you view it. Spanish broadcasts will be on the Univision family of networks.

Group stage lasts from August to October; knockout stage is in the Spring.

Official Website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Round 1:

August 2
Cental FC vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Pachuca vs. Olimpia

August 3
W Connection vs. UNAM
Red Bull New York vs. Antigua
Don Bosco vs. Monterrey
Portland Timbers vs. Dragón

August 4
FC Dallas vs. Real Estreli
Plaza Amador vs. Heredianco

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
gently caress you? don't mind me if I do

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
English broadcasts are being streamed by CONCACAF on Facebook Live of all places. The commentary is...less hilariously bad than Ramses Sandoval, that's about all I can say for it.

Vancouver's B-team is up 1-0 on Central in Trinidad at halftime.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

What's the req for domestic (see: Mls) teams to qualify? The only team on that list that I remotely give a poo poo about is PDX and maybe W Connection because I live in California and I hate everything not on the pacific coast.

TheTrend fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Aug 3, 2016

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

TheTrend posted:

What's the req for domestic (see: Mls) teams to qualify?

American teams get four spots, that go to:

The US Open Cup winner (Sporting KC)
The top regular season team in each conference (New York Red Bulls, FC Dallas)
The MLS Cup winner (Portland)

Canadian teams can only qualify through winning the Canadian Championship, so if a Canadian MLS team wins MLS Cup or tops either of the conference tables (or if someone pulls off a double or treble in the US), then any leftover berths will go to the highest American team(s) in the MLS Supporters' Shield standings that didn't already qualify some other way.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 4, 2016

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I get to go to tonight's game in Portland. I'm excited.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The only time the Red Bulls game was on is at 2 am on some Spanish language network, guess I'll DVR it now I know we won.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Saprissa is my favorite type of salami, they will win the CONCAFACADOREAFCAC champions league.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lets go Whitecaps. Make Canada proud!

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Can't wait to see Saprissa and Herediano do gently caress all again this year

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

In CONCACAF this is barely a yellow

https://twitter.com/GolesTicos_200/status/761394086624497664/video/1

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Round 2 is on!

Today
Central F.C. vs. Sporting Kansas City
Olimpia vs. Police United
Alianza vs. Red Bull New York

August 17
Monterrey vs. Árabe Unido
Heredianco vs. UANL

August 18
UNAM vs. Honduras Progreso
Saprissa vs. Dragón
Suchitepéquez vs. Real Estrelí

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

All the redbull games are broadcast the next day in spanish. Garbage.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
theyre not on youtube? or fb live?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

fat greasy puto posted:

theyre not on youtube? or fb live?

Concacaf doesnt air mls teams games for some reason, this is the best youtube stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHCm2NQ5EP8

looks like a vhs from the 80s

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Arabe Unido won 3-2 against Monterrey, in Mexico.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Concacaf doesnt air mls teams games for some reason, this is the best youtube stream.

Huh. They aired Vancouver's game live so maybe this is just you guys.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Round 3 already? Wow, two weeks in a row!

August 23
Alianza vs. Antigua
Vancouver Whitecaps FC vs. Sporting Kansas City
Pachuca vs. Police United

August 24
Don Bosco vs. Árabe Unido
UANL vs. Plaza Amador
Real Estelí vs. FC Dallas

August 25
W Connection vs. Honduras Progreso
Dragón vs. Saprissa

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Herediano drew in Panama and lost at home against Tigres, they're pretty much out already

Saprissa beat Dragon 6-0 and have been insufferable all week, I hope they lose in El Sal

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Round 4 begins tonight! Still on Facebook Live!

September 13
Sporting Kansas City vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC
Police United vs. Pachuca
Real Estelí vs. Suchitepéquez

September 14
Saprissa vs. Portland Timbers
Árabe Unido vs. Monterrey

September 15
Red Bull New York vs. Alianza
Honduras Progreso vs. UNAM
Herediano vs. Plaza Amador

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
is police united a club made up of fat police officers? because they got hosed in the rear end 0-11 tonight.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

El Chingon posted:

is police united a club made up of fat police officers? because they got hosed in the rear end 0-11 tonight.

They are a football club from Belize. They could be the countries top elite players and still get hosed up by pretty much anyone else in the competition.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I don't know if Belize has mandatory conscription/government service, but a lot of countries that have Police United or FC Army or whatever just contain kids that are "good" at football doing their required service by playing for those clubs.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Pretty lovely non call leading to that goal.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Valeri about to rip up the ref's notepad

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

porkface posted:

Valeri about to rip up the ref's notepad

Yeah, he is pissed.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

I am enjoying watching this especially dirty brand of the game. the ref is going to allow it, then you have to find a way to win.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

porkface posted:

I am enjoying watching this especially dirty brand of the game. the ref is going to allow it, then you have to find a way to win.

I don't know, I know I'm biased but it still feels lopsided with the officiating. I think the pk was valid but the first goal shouldn't have happened.

That said, I'm enjoying it too. Second half should be interesting. Timbers being thoroughly outplayed.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Timbers left their midfield at home, players going to be bleeding from random flying objects hitting them, ref is poo poo, CONCACAF baby

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

God drat you, Grabavoy.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Thats how the purple shits win games, with referee gifts.

Also lmao Monterrey

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Adi died for nothing

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Ben Zemanski will take you to the dance but he'll never score.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Tongues posted:

Saprissa is my favorite type of salami, they will win the CONCAFACADOREAFCAC champions league.

I'm from the future. Also I can't believe starvin marvin angulo is still being paid to play and even scoring

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Never in doubt.

Also congrats to the United Arab Emirates for knocking out Monterrey

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Portland doing well against Dragon, but still 0-0. Portland looks the better side and have just been unlucky in finishing.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Another violent, flopping CONCACAF affair.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

porkface posted:

Another violent, flopping CONCACAF affair.

Are they playing in a super empty stadium? Did Dragon do something to get their fans banned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

It looked completely empty but there are a really small number of fans on the camera side of the stadium.

• Locked thread