Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

victrix posted:

Do you have access to the earth sprite that turns all orbs to earth?

Oh I have a regular Earth guy I'm running (I forget which one, it's a Warrior card) and I've cleared all of the chapter Mindflayers, it's just they're consistently the hardest thing I've run into on Hard. Which I still enjoy that some of the fights will be nailbiters because of how they're designing/how you're designed going into them. Mindflayers are just jerks, since dealing damage to them isn't so much the issue as they crank out so much damage in return. The other wind bosses (Treants and Cockatrices) are generally much more forgiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'm not going to lie, this games mechanics seem fairly incomprehensible to me.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
The goal is generally to build up an enemy's break bar, turning it from yellow to red, which then allows autoattacks to deplete the red bar much easier until the enemy breaks and you get free time to wail on it/kill it. If the break bar's still yellow, regular attacks typically won't do all that much, and spells themselves will never break an enemy, only turn the bar red (spells can just outright kill enemies if they do enough damage though).

But then, autoattacks are your main source of generating orbs to fuel your spells, so you need to manage casting and weaving attacks in and making sure you don't cap out on orbs since they stop generating.

AegisP fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 5, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Mischalaniouse posted:

I'm not going to lie, this games mechanics seem fairly incomprehensible to me.

To expand on what Aegis said, this is my understanding of the general flow of combat, assuming you're going just for clear and not trying to beat a high score:

There's three broad types of enemies -- weak enemies, moderate enemies, and bosses. Every enemy has an element they're weak to, an element they're resistant to, and two elements they're neutral to.

Weak enemies usually show up in early waves of a stage, and can be killed with one or two basic auto attacks. Always kill these guys first and use them to build orbs.

Moderate enemies and bosses can generally be treated the same -- they're tankier dudes that you can't just blast down. Unless you're doing content way below you, you won't be able to easily beat them with auto attacks alone.

When fighting guys like this, the general strategy is fairly simple -- use neutral spells/abilities against them to turn their break bar red. Attack the break bar to remove the red sections while simultaneously building orbs. You may need to do this a couple times to stronger enemies, and will definitely need to repeat this cycle multiple times with bosses bosses. Neutral spell - auto attack until the red is gone - neutral spell - remove more of the red - repeat until the enemy is broken. Try to save orbs of the element the enemy is weak to until you break it.

Once the enemy is broken, unload your remaining abilities on them. As you play the game more, you'll get a sense of how much life they have and whatnot -- generally you want to hit them with neutral abilities until they're at a low enough health for a killing blow, and then finish them with an attack they're weak to to get max score. Finishing them with an auto attack or a neutral ability is worth WAY less points. If it didn't kill them, repeat the process.

For bosses or for long stages with tough enemies, you'll need to mix in curative abilities and periodically dump orbs of the enemy element type into shields. If your ult bar is full, you'll probably want to unload that on a boss as well while it's broken.

If you're looking to break your high score record, you want long stages with 5/6 battles, and you want to try to kill every single enemy with an attack they're weak to, including the easy weak ones.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Oh, I actually meant the upgrades and items and summons and classes and all that. What to spend all my points on and when. I have the battle mechanics sort of down by this point.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Got White Mage from my job draw and haven't really had any problem with the damage of my basic attacks.

I'd love to use Warrior more to get some mileage out of Brotherhood, but the lack of an Ice warrior skill is killing me.

Feel free to add me at 2064 4bb1 850e

(The fact that we can't copy and paste these codes is dumb as hell.)

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mischalaniouse posted:

Oh, I actually meant the upgrades and items and summons and classes and all that. What to spend all my points on and when. I have the battle mechanics sort of down by this point.

Indeed, I feel I could be a lot more powerful if I knew what to do with all the cards and tickets I have but I don't want to risk blowing them on something stupid or upgrading wrong. I'm sure I'll eventually get it, no rush.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CaptainPsyko posted:

Got White Mage from my job draw and haven't really had any problem with the damage of my basic attacks.

I'd love to use Warrior more to get some mileage out of Brotherhood, but the lack of an Ice warrior skill is killing me.

Feel free to add me at 2064 4bb1 850e

(The fact that we can't copy and paste these codes is dumb as hell.)

This truly is one of the most annoying friend code entries I could have thought possible from a major company. Phone keyboards usually make you swap between numbers and letters, even. Uuuugh.

And yeah, my Knight really wishes he could do water stuff, I wonder if any job at all can do all four elements?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
What does having skill seeds on a card for you? I get that the ones in battle are used to cast spells/skills, and the ones you get for winning battle are basically just use to unlock stats/whatever on the License Board thing, but I don't understand what the skill seeds on cards do.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

goldjas posted:

What does having skill seeds on a card for you? I get that the ones in battle are used to cast spells/skills, and the ones you get for winning battle are basically just use to unlock stats/whatever on the License Board thing, but I don't understand what the skill seeds on cards do.

You get skillseeds after every battle that you use to unlock slots on your job ability panel. I assume that the seeds generated depend on your slotted abilities and their level.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Those are the base for what you win in battle.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Oh ok, that makes a ton more sense then. In other words, since I'm playing a Ranger I basically want cards with as many wind skillseeds as possible then.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Tagichatn posted:

You get skillseeds after every battle that you use to unlock slots on your job ability panel. I assume that the seeds generated depend on your slotted abilities and their level.

The seeds have to be leveled/unlocked by shoving cards of the same element, or green cactuars at it. Higher rarity cards = more chance, and of course combining copies of the same card is the highest chance.

goldjas posted:

Oh ok, that makes a ton more sense then. In other words, since I'm playing a Ranger I basically want cards with as many wind skillseeds as possible then.

For what it's worth you'll need some of all kinds for any class, but wind is the ranger's "base"

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Glad I had all that stamina banked since I think it's about 71 to get from where I killed the Cockatrice back to the castle.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

KDdidit posted:

Glad I had all that stamina banked since I think it's about 71 to get from where I killed the Cockatrice back to the castle.

Er...you can just teleport back to the castle.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I dunno, I'm 3/4 of the way there and it's not an option.

e: So it's a different button, well I needed some xp I guess. That's what I'll tell myself.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Does it give you some sort of message when you click the teleport button? I dunno, it let me use it just fine after the Cockatrice battle. Remember you can only teleport to the large circles though, not the small ones, but there should be a large one in front of the castle.

e: Ah, yeah, if you don't remember the teleport button is the brown one, that wouldn't help.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
What do I do with max level cards? Do I wait til I get a better card, and fuse them into the higher one? or sell?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dana Crysalis posted:

This truly is one of the most annoying friend code entries I could have thought possible from a major company. Phone keyboards usually make you swap between numbers and letters, even. Uuuugh.

And yeah, my Knight really wishes he could do water stuff, I wonder if any job at all can do all four elements?

Well, any class can only use three elements.

The problem is that the base warrior is Water/Fire/Earth but with no Water cards that he can use availiable in the shop. (And I'm yet to see one drop.)

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
That is my biggest complaint about the game, even though we have more than JP did at launch, we still got a super bare bones. Warriors with only two skill colors is stupid, especially when you unlock knight and get acces to wind. It also looks like most of the augmenting mats are not available yet, so no meaningfully augmenting can be done. This feels like a month plus long beta test for a game that has been out in Japan for over a year already.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
My biggest complaint is that your premium currency expires.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Rascyc posted:

My biggest complaint is that your premium currency expires.

It's a pretty fiendishly clever f2p scheme.

That said, tickets and magicite stack (tickets used first), so if you can manage to get 2 summon tickets every ~two weeks assuming you're diligent about extractor usage, you can buy even the most expensive summons.

I don't think you really need anything from the store though, I've cleared through C2 and purchased precisely bupkis.

... I'd like to buy some stuff, but I'm paralyzed with indecision :ohdear: Too many options. I could almost buy one of every single ability card, but is that a better idea than buying them maxed out? Dunno. Should I buy the cheapo maxed 3*+ abilities that can't be upgraded? Dunno.

Likewise maybe I should get a job summon? Dunno. Basic onion knight job upgrades have worked fine so far.

I'll probably just wait till the first event dungeons roll out and see how hard they are. Might even be a better idea to just hoard currency supplies and then spend them for each event so you can get the most gain from them. Meanwhile you'll be getting stronger and upgrading stuff the whole time.

Question: Does anyone know how to tell if you have upgraded a given monster card? It's important because once upgraded, that card can drop at the higher * level, but I don't know how you'd keep track of that without a lot of awful spreadsheet nerdery if it's not shown in game.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

victrix posted:

Question: Does anyone know how to tell if you have upgraded a given monster card? It's important because once upgraded, that card can drop at the higher * level, but I don't know how you'd keep track of that without a lot of awful spreadsheet nerdery if it's not shown in game.

The Card Catalog (in the Card menu) shows all your cards at their max stats, so I think that'll do it.

e: well, it'll show you as having the 3* card in the catalog, so that sorta counts, I guess!

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Aug 5, 2016

Eddain
May 6, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

Well, any class can only use three elements.

The problem is that the base warrior is Water/Fire/Earth but with no Water cards that he can use availiable in the shop. (And I'm yet to see one drop.)

The only Water Warrior card is the boss at the very end of Chapter 2. And there doesn't seem to be any creature card capable of leveling its ability.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

One other quick reminder, might be obvious - ANY pink support card will heal you when used. This means a support card that gives an offensive bonus is much better than a straight heal if you're doing any sort of farming stuff.

It probably won't be enough healing or defense against tough stuff, but you can get a feel for that fairly quickly.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I switched my Raiden card to a Yuna because I never see enough support cards in rental, but on the other hand, Raiden's Earth Blast is HUGE break damage (and can even break when resisted.) Which would goons prefer to see?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Dana Crysalis posted:

I switched my Raiden card to a Yuna because I never see enough support cards in rental, but on the other hand, Raiden's Earth Blast is HUGE break damage (and can even break when resisted.) Which would goons prefer to see?

If people are on Chapter 2 then AOE abilities are a huge help. I've started hunting down allies with that Warrior Fire Cone card because it costs like 3-4 orbs and hits 3 people for huge damage.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
So they just announced that they are removing the 14 day expertion timer from magician for the SEA servers, hopefully we will get the same announcement for our servers soon.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Hallelujah, because that timer was pretty dumb.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Warriors can still use mage ice, is there any big benefit to using warrior ice besides damage?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

So they just announced that they are removing the 14 day expertion timer from magician for the SEA servers, hopefully we will get the same announcement for our servers soon.

Mobius NA posted:

MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY magicite update

MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY -NE·Friday, August 5, 2016

Since MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY came alive, our team we appreciate all your support and help! We received many good suggestions from players and decided to make some changes here:

Remove magicite valid period:
The valid period of magicite was set up as 14 days since the moment that players obtain it. We will take this valid period off, so players are able to save their magicite forever. The old magicite that players already collected will automatically run in perpetuity when update alive.

Magicite cumulative time correction:
Magicite accumulates at a rate of one every TEN minutes, the maximum number of magicite players can accumulate in distiller is 144. The information that displayed in-game where it says “Magicite accumulates at a rate of one every eight minutes” is a wrong information. We apologize for any inconvenience and confusion we caused to all players.

The live date of this update is not yet determined, please give us some patience and we promise these problems will be fixed as soon as possible.

We are thankful for all support that all players give to us and please keep on playing MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY!

MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY team Producer: YOSHINORI KITASE
Project Leader: NAOKI HAMAGUCHI

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Tae posted:

Warriors can still use mage ice, is there any big benefit to using warrior ice besides damage?

Damage and break value, as you get higher level the difference is huge, more than double.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
good, temporary magicite was super dumb

also i ate through all my energy somehow trying to max out chapter 2 and i want to save my 20 elixirs for when events happen...ugh

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Is there an idiot's guide on how to get a new job... I have ~1200 magicite and a couple tickets but if I use the magicite to buy more tickets then I still need more magicite to use alongside the tickets or something and seriously I will just pay $20 for a couple of loving new jobs, is that possible?

e: Bought a mobius box that came with enough space bux to buy a job so now I'm a Mage :science:

Syrinxx fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Aug 5, 2016

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I want a Monk Job, because fisting people is fun. I'll settle for a Thief Job, because dual dagger ganking is also fun. Oddly, it looks like Rangers are the Double Dagger Dudes...

But I'm probably gonna stick with Onion Knight, because Brotherhood.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Any SEA players here? I'd dl the NA apk but losing out on the ability to whale is a huge turn off for me.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

Is there an idiot's guide on how to get a new job... I have ~1200 magicite and a couple tickets but if I use the magicite to buy more tickets then I still need more magicite to use alongside the tickets or something and seriously I will just pay $20 for a couple of loving new jobs, is that possible?

e: Bought a mobius box that came with enough space bux to buy a job so now I'm a Mage :science:

Each summon ticket is worth 500 magicite, so for instance, it's 2 tickets/2000 magacite for a job, or 3 tickets/1500. or 4 tickets/1000...and so on and so forth.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
For ability tickets is it cheaper to buy multiple cards @3 tickets or to max boost one @30+ tickets?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Everything I've noticed is that the current version we have is so thin in all the pools that you should just sit on your currencies. There's some people on Reddit telling everyone to pick up the starter abilities that are already maxed out but the best I can tell is that those abilities are just training wheels since they can't go high level or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
This is correct, those 9ticket cards are all obsolete after less than a week of playing. I wish I had those 27 tickets back already. As for buying 3 ticket cards vs 38 ticket cards, if you buy one for 3 tickets now you can later spend 35 more to max it out just as if you had bought it for 37. This is done in the card fusion tab.

The monk job shows up eventually, probably 3 to 4 months from now. The Thief job will be in the gatcha in 2 weeks.

Fenris13 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 5, 2016

• Locked thread