Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Take the loop boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

These are some really cool score brackets.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

FINAL SCORING

Straight White Shark

- Tile VPs: 26
- Blacksmith: 12
- Scholar: 15
- Invincible: 5

Electric Hobo

- Tile VPs: 30
- Barn: 6
- Village Hall: 11
- Tile 3: 4
- Flipper: 2
- Gold: 3

tarbrush

- Tile VPs: 25
- Timber Yard: 15
- Craftsman's Guild: 3
- Sea Bastion: 3
- Gold: 2
- Interesting note: the design tarbrush inherited wasn't great. You can see the plan - stick a number tile to the south of the Home - but the Alehouse and the Sawmill's road layout block all of them!

Baron Fuzzlewhack

- Tile VPs: 8
- Stone Yard (counting everything on it as stone): 39
- Wildmill (using the 5 leftover on the home tile): 5
- Tile 2: 3
- Keyflower: 2
- Gold (using the wood on the Workshop as a gold): 1

CirclMastr

- Tile VPs: 16
- Key Market: 18
- Scribes: 10
- Sea Breeze: 2

Dancer

- Tile VPs: 21
- White Wind: 19
- Keyguild: 0
- Tile 1: 4
- Tile 4: 5
- Gold (treating the purple keyple as a gold): 2

GRAND TOTALS
Straight White Shark + Baron Fuzzlewhack: 58
Electric Hobo: 56
Dancer: 51
tarbrush: 47
CirclMastr: 46

It's a tie! So how do we--

Keyflower Manual posted:

If players have an equal amount of points the players are tied and should play again in order to determine the winner.

quote:

Thread Start Date: August 4th 2016

... ... ... well I guess it's a tie and that's that thanks and goodnight everyone i'm out

Stelas fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 20, 2016

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Thanks to all of my players for sticking out this long - good grief, but I didn't expect even a 6 player game of Keyflower to take that long, but the time to run it just kinda ballooned and got exacerbated by a bunch of work issues and general herding. Thanks especially to all the new players - Keyflower can be incredibly daunting to a new player and some level of awareness of the game really helps in knowing what strategies to use and what to look out for in the future. Going in blind against established players is a tricky prospect when it's fairly possible to be shut out of the game, and I'm pretty thrilled that all the scores were that close in the end.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
So, I will gladly take a loss if that's what I deserve, but I think you may have made a mistake? The boat I picked should give points for every keyple I have, not just those of one colour, I think (also you gave me 14 points for 15 yellows I think).

Also, thank you for the game :). I'm gonna go ahead and assume you put in significantly more work than we did, and it was a great intro to... something. Not sure I want to buy it myself because it might induce a lot of stress but it's definitely something I want to play again.

Dancer fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 20, 2016

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Oh snap! I completely misunderstood the scorong on turn tiles--I thought only road connections scored. I'll take a tie, though. Well played Baron!

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
Doesn't CirclMastr get 0 points from Sea Breeze? It gives 2 points if there's one tile extending the water on the Home tile, bit it can't be placed there because of the Woodcutter's road.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Dancer posted:

So, I will gladly take a loss if that's what I deserve, but I think you may have made a mistake? The boat I picked should give points for every keyple I have, not just those of one colour, I think (also you gave me 14 points for 15 yellows I think).

Whoops, you're quite right on the no. of points involved - bit of a shame, because it messes up the score symmetry, but I'll fix it up. I only had you at 14 yellows, though? You had 12 on your village, 2 in your hand.

unpronounceable posted:

Doesn't CirclMastr get 0 points from Sea Breeze? It gives 2 points if there's one tile extending the water on the Home tile, bit it can't be placed there because of the Woodcutter's road.

Wow, I had never noticed that that boat explicitly has to connect to the home tile to score. I'll leave it as-is for this game, because I never pointed that out in my summaries of what the boats did.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

unpronounceable posted:

The boat doesn't actually reward length of river, I think, it just rewards number of boats you have. Edit: Okay I just looked up the rules and I'm wrong. Nvm.

Stelas posted:

Whoops, you're quite right on the no. of points involved - bit of a shame, because it messes up the score symmetry, but I'll fix it up. I only had you at 14 yellows, though? You had 12 on your village, 2 in your hand.
You might be entirely right, I just counted the yellow meeples on the very last image you posted :P .

Dancer fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 20, 2016

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
That was a post-mortem well worth three months of playing! Nicely played Straight White Shark! And thanks to everyone and Stelas especially for running this monstrosity.

I'm just sad I couldn't get any gif shenanigans in this game.

I ended up picking up a physical copy of the game from the store in which I work due entirely to your running these play-by-posts, Stelas. I haven't gotten it to the table yet, but I've made sure to warn my friends how cutthroat it will be despite the adorable, twee art. Those player screens/houses are too cute.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Thanks for running the game, Stelas. But seriously gently caress this game, I had no chance by summer.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Dancer posted:

You might be entirely right, I just counted the yellow meeples on the very last image you posted :P .

Oh, yeah, I see it now. 14 yellows, I just got into a daze of ctrl-v mouse ctrl-h repeat.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
So close, yet so far! But a good game :)
While the Keyflower would have made me crush you all, it looks like it was actually my own caution that screwed me. Someone used my home so I couldn't move resources to my Barn for 3 more points.

I feel like I had the most angry messages directed at me so at least I won in that regard.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Thanks Stelas, that was super fun! Happy I managed to eke out not last!

Also boardgamearena has a very good implementation of online keyflower, either real-time or pbem, all for free. I highly recommend checking it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Electric Hobo posted:

I feel like I had the most angry messages directed at me so at least I won in that regard.

Agreed. Electric Hobo is the real winner here.

• Locked thread