Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Third from the left, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Rightmost for me.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Thinking about it, I'm going to wipe out the inventories after all. Not because they 'should' be secret - if you wanna upkeep a spreadsheet, go nuts - but more because it's a lot of work in a game where I need to be doing quick updates. If I slip up and make a mistake on remembering who knows what, I could reveal information.

I won't wipe out any of the inventories previously, if you want to build upon what you know at the end of spring + boat. I will list how many each person has, though.

Summer will kick in after I've figured out how best to wrangle the image to display 6 villages at once.

72 keyples left. 38 skill tiles left. 19 greens not in circulation.
Player Order: Gabriel Pope - Electric Hobo - Meinberg - Baron Fuzzlewhack - CirclMastr - Dancer
Inventory:
    - Gabriel Pope: 9 keyples, 1 skill
    - Electric Hobo: 8 keyples, 2 skills
    - Meinberg: 2 left, 7 keyples, 2 skills
    - Baron Fuzzlewhack: 10 keyples, 1 skill
    - CirclMastr: 7 keyples, 2 skills
    - Dancer: 8 keyples, 2 skills

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'll take the boat please.

I like boats.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Also unless someone vetoes, I'll take it upon myself to update keyple counts whenever I can.

- Gabriel Pope: 9 left, 5 blue, 4 red; 1 anvil
- Electric Hobo: 8 left, 2 blue, 2 red, 3 yellow, 1 ???; 2 anvils
- Meinberg: 7 left, 3 yellow, 3 red, 1 ???; 1 anvil, 1 saw
- Baron Fuzzlewhack: 10 left, 4 blue, 2 red, 2 yellow, 2 ???; 1 anvil
- CirclMastr: 7 left, 2 blue, 3 red, 2 yellow; 1 saw, 1 pickaxe
- Dancer: 8 left, 2 red, 5 yellow, 1 blue; 1 anvil, one ???

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Dancer posted:

Also unless someone vetoes, I'll take it upon myself to update keyple counts whenever I can.

I'm totally on board with someone doing the work for me, just don't use your powers for ill and get stuff wrong on purpose.

Summer has come!

Meinberg is up first.

41 keyples left. 29 skill tiles left. 19 greens not in circulation.
Boat 1b: At the end of summer, autumn, and winter, the owner of this boat will receive one green keyple.
Boat 3b: At the end of the game, for scoring purposes, any kind of resource may be counted as any other, including gold.
Player Order: Meinberg - Baron Fuzzlewhack - CirclMastr - Dancer - Gabriel Pope - Electric Hobo
Inventory:
    - Gabriel Pope: 9 keyples, 1 skill
    - Meinberg: 2 left, 7 keyples, 2 skills
    - Baron Fuzzlewhack: 10 keyples, 1 skill
    - CirclMastr: 7 keyples, 2 skills
    - Dancer: 8 keyples, 2 skills

Stelas fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Aug 16, 2016

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Stelas, could you add a purple keyple next to whoever is the first player's village?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Electric Hobo posted:

Stelas, could you add a purple keyple next to whoever is the first player's village?

I don't have a purple piece set up (it only matters in extremely unusual circumstances) but I'll edit the order of the names under the post.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
From looking at the rulebook it seemed to me like there should be four boats in bidding this round (particularly because of that one boat that gives 2/4/8/16/32 points depending on number of boats you have). Can you point out why you added only two?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Dancer posted:

From looking at the rulebook it seemed to me like there should be four boats in bidding this round (particularly because of that one boat that gives 2/4/8/16/32 points depending on number of boats you have). Can you point out why you added only two?

As unpronouncable said up the thread, you're only supposed to use 10 tiles in a given season. Spring having all 12 was an error - when I rolled to see which tiles to use, boat 2 and boat 4 were the tiles excluded.

The river boat generally kinda sucks.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Stelas posted:

I don't have a purple piece set up (it only matters in extremely unusual circumstances) but I'll edit the order of the names under the post.

Perfect, it's mostly so I can remember where I am in the player order so I know if it's worth outbidding someone for first player.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Bid 1 red on the Carpenter

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Bid 1 blue on the Tavern.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Bid 1 red on the Store.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Bid 2 red on smelter

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Activate Store for 1 red

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

42 keyples left. 29 skill tiles left. 18 greens not in circulation.
Boat 1b: At the end of summer, autumn, and winter, the owner of this boat will receive one green keyple.
Boat 3b: At the end of the game, for scoring purposes, any kind of resource may be counted as any other, including gold.
Player Order: Meinberg - Baron Fuzzlewhack - CirclMastr - Dancer - Gabriel Pope - Electric Hobo
Inventory:
    - Gabriel Pope: 8 keyples, 1 skill
    - Meinberg: 6 keyples, 2 skills
    - Baron Fuzzlewhack: 9 keyples, 1 skill
    - CirclMastr: 6 keyples, 2 skills
    - Dancer: 6 keyples, 2 skills

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Bid 1 yellow on Farrier.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Bid 1 blue on Hiring Fair

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Use 1 blue on CirclMastr's Peddler to turn one of my yellows into a green.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

So I've had someone ask me to explain how upgrading works, and it's worth going over.

The tiles with horses are used to move resources around your village (the numeral) and upgrade tiles (the number of houses). Using the stable, for instance, allows you to move 2 resources 1 space or 1 resource 2 spaces, AND THEN upgrade 1 tile. This upgrade allows you to upgrade tiles that you've only just moved resources onto.
  • As an example, take Baron's village. The cost to upgrade the Workshop is 'any 2 resources' because the symbols are white. If Baron uses the Stable, he could move both of his wood tokens 1 space each up to the Workshop, and then spend both of them to flip the Workshop tile, changing the tile's benefit to the improved version.
  • Dancer could do the same with the Gold Mine, because Gold is a wildcard resource. Move a stone and a gold north, spend both to upgrde.
Skills have no physical presence - you can spend them on any location direct from your hand.
  • We know that Gabriel Pope has an anvil because of boat choice. Using a keyple on Home Tile 1 would allow it to be spent to upgrade the Miner, with no movement of resources required.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The trick, it should also be noted, is figuring out when to upgrade your poo poo so that someone doesn't immediately plonk a keyple on it and make it more expensive to use that season.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Use 1 yellow on home to upgrade Woodcutter.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Bid 2 yellow on Ferrier

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Bid 1 green on the green boat

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Update in a bit, I'm querying someone's move...

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Meinberg uses a yellow, not a blue.

43 keyples left. 30 skill tiles left. 17 greens not in circulation.
Inventory:
    - Meinberg: 5 keyples, 2 skills
    - Baron Fuzzlewhack: 8 keyples, 1 skill
    - CirclMastr: 5 keyples, 1 skill
    - Dancer: 4 keyples, 2 skills
    - Gabriel Pope: 7 keyples, 1 skill
    - Electric Hobo: 7 keyples, 2 skills

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I'm a big dumb-dumb.

Baron Fuzzlewhack fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 18, 2016

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Bid 1 green on boat 1b.

Bidding is already at 1 green.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

You're a few turns off going, too!

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Oh sorry, I have my name highlighted in posts in the Android forums app, confused it with being bold/my turn. I'll edit my post.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Use 1 blue on CirclMastr's Woodcutter.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Everyone is using my poo poo. I don't know if this means I have good poo poo, or I have monumentally hosed up, or both.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Your poo poo's useful. Also that means you get to keep the meeples used on your tiles, so unless you had plans to use them yourself to the fullest extent, you'll benefit a lot from that.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, greens are always useful because of how they let you get priority on a tile, and a source of gold that's just been upgraded is generally a high-value target. A common theme of the game is trying to figure out when to upgrade a tile so you don't immediately lose a use of it to someone else.

Note that you can use tiles and then upgrade them (the keyple will stay on the tile) and also that you can use tiles multiple times, just at an increased keyple cost, 1 -> 2 -> 3. This is especially handy when it's your own tile, because you're guaranteed to get those keyples back at the end of the season.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

43 keyples left. 30 skill tiles left. 17 greens not in circulation.
Inventory:
    - Meinberg: 5 keyples, 2 skills
    - Baron Fuzzlewhack: 8 keyples, 1 skill
    - CirclMastr: 5 keyples, 1 skill
    - Dancer: 4 keyples, 2 skills
    - Gabriel Pope: 7 keyples, 1 skill
    - Electric Hobo: 6 keyples, 2 skills

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Bid 1 Yellow on Brewer

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Bid 1 green on boat 3b.

Not like an idiot this time. :downs:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

If I pass, I can still act again later, right? Assuming not everyone decides to pass after me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Correct, that gives you the opportunity to see what other people are going to do at the cost of early bids/uses.

• Locked thread