Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tsaedje posted:

Pep has selected literally 0 centre backs for the friendly against Arsenal

ffs

That's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Josh Lyman posted:

My former team vs my current team. :ohdear:

Only two more seasons until you can say this about every PL match!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I admit I haven't watched a single minute of Ligue Uhhh because of staggering disinterest.

Does Zlatan ever do anything else than look anonymous with terrible hair and poach goals with the occasional screamer inbetween?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is Rooney balding again

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Josh Lyman posted:

My former team vs my current team. :ohdear:

Neither of these are or have ever been your team, obviously this goes for all Americans but particularly for you.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Tsaedje posted:

Pep has selected literally 0 centre backs for the friendly against Arsenal

ffs

Wengy picks no strikers in response. Your move Pep.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Healbot posted:

I admit I haven't watched a single minute of Ligue Uhhh because of staggering disinterest.

Does Zlatan ever do anything else than look anonymous with terrible hair and poach goals with the occasional screamer inbetween?

He scored 50 goals last season lol.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Wengy picks no strikers in response. Your move Pep.

Turns out Pep has been drilling the entire City team as central midfielders all summer, in preparation for just this situation. Prepare to be out-passed.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Shrapnig posted:

He scored 50 goals last season lol.

Jozy scored loads in the Dutch league and we all know it's some clowny poo poo, France is pretty much the same except more terrorist attacks.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Healbot posted:

lmao

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

it's actually pretty difficult to score in france the teams are very athletic and strong at the back so you need to beat them with technique

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I bet Mourinho's just practicing his domination techniques on Mata

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Football is dead

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

straight up brolic posted:

it's actually pretty difficult to score in france the teams are very athletic and strong at the back so you need to beat them with technique

I feel like this post has been surprisingly articulate in bringing to light the plight of strikers in France.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/762330981110087681

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm looking forward to hearing the reasoning on this one.

Why even bring him on for 20 minutes?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

we'll have Mata at Villa and then we can sing a bacuna matata song

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

linear premier league champions

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao chambo still poo poo

WHERE IS JOELITO

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Shrapnig posted:

[/quo]

Mob

[quote="Shrapnig" post="462936312"]

The only unused sub was Romero so maybe he just wanted to give everyone time and didn't want to break up his lineup? I dunno why people are freaking out over this in an insignificant game

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mourinho took off Mata because he's small and he knew that Leicester would be chucking the ball into the box trying to get an equalizer.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football...665/story.shtml

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Mata was laughing with Mourinho afterwards and at the trophy ceremony. The "spat" was invented by one dude on Twitter.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
Theo Walcott has come alive. Arsenal will win the league.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Joe Fart

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

classic joe hart there. looking forward to him manning up and owning the mistake in the post match interview.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Wengy posted:

Joe Fart

Betr Cech

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

can you bet on friendlies? cos cech definitely let that one in on purpose

https://streamable.com/yc0m

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Gabriel's broken something for sure

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

EvilHawk posted:

Gabriel's broken something for sure

Thought it was his face 'till I realized who it was.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Rip Gabriel. You can at least rest assured that Wenger won't buy a CB so getting back into the team will be easy if/when you recover.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Wenger is taking a page out of Guardiola's book by getting rid of all of Arsenal's CBs

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Here's hoping Mourinho accomplishes the same thing he did with last stint at Chelsea. Even one good year of success will be worth united's entitled fan-base completely melting down.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Vinestalk posted:

Here's hoping Mourinho accomplishes the same thing he did with last stint at Chelsea. Even one good year of success will be worth united's entitled fan-base completely melting down.

lmao kiss the rings bitch

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Lol this was such bullshit

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
This conversation lead me to Juan Mata's website. I laughed when I read 'uso de cookies' on the bottom as his smiling face slowly expands to take up the background.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

The Big Taff Man posted:

lmao kiss the rings bitch

Calm down, bud. It's only the Community Shield.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shoren posted:

Rip Gabriel. You can at least rest assured that Wenger won't buy a CB so getting back into the team will be easy if/when you recover.

Arsenal will lose to Liverpool and then panic but a bunch of players.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

TheBigAristotle posted:

This conversation lead me to Juan Mata's website. I laughed when I read 'uso de cookies' on the bottom as his smiling face slowly expands to take up the background.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Sky Sports announce their coverage for this year Premier League.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10526456/gary-neville-returns-to-sky-sports-for-its-biggest-ever-season

Gary Neville returns to Sky after his brief foray in management as a co-commentator and pundit. However, he does not have a permanent role in Monday Night Football.

For Friday Night Football, Jeff Stelling will be the presenter with Rachel Riley having some role in it.

With Ed Chamberlin leaving to ITV for horse racing, David Jones gets promoted to doing both Super Sunday and Monday Night Football and Simon Thomas gets promoted from presenting the Football League to Saturday noontime kickoff coverage.

Hayley McQueen will presents Sky Sports Ireland 3 PM coverage with Niall Quinn.

Also Jamie Carragher will try his luck in co-commentary this season.

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/jamie-carragher-will-have-a-new-role-at-sky-sports-next-season/76125

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I really don't want to have to listen to Carra's squeaky Scouse accent doing commentary although Neville's squeaky Manc accent isn't much better.

Don't forget that we get Gary Lineker presenting the first MOTD in his pants next week.

• Locked thread