Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the trump schadenfreude has already begun :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

I plan on getting some schadenfreude out of however AI develops. Complete general artificial intelligence that works

Well the good news is this won't happen for another hundred and fifty years.

Well; good news for me. It sucks for you. I'm getting so much Schadenfreude from this moment.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

the trump schadenfreude has already begun :getin:

I'm cautiously optimistic, but he's wriggled out of every scandal so far. What we need is a finishing blow.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

- a comic book movie so expensive and that is such an abysmal failure that it kills the genre for at least a decade.

I'll toss a few chips onto that pile. I'm so drat sick of comic book movies.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
A respite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnCU2TjW54k

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Applewhite posted:

What we need is a finishing blow.

god willing

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Applewhite posted:

I'll toss a few chips onto that pile. I'm so drat sick of comic book movies.

The best part are the weird superfans of these movies adopting a hard "this trend will NEVER die!" stance. The writing is on the wall.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

notZaar posted:

Sha Den Froid

There you go bub.

It's "Sha Den Froi Duh" and I hope you die in a lathe accident

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

reignofevil posted:

Well the good news is this won't happen for another hundred and fifty years.

Well; good news for me. It sucks for you. I'm getting so much Schadenfreude from this moment.

No way, if I get to squeak by and not have to see that poo poo in my lifetime I'll be ecstatic.

Backup reserves of schadenfreude: if fax machines continue to be required for legal reasons for another 50 years. Watching young people have to deal with a fax is already hilarious and it'll only get funnier.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

FFS you guys there's already a whole song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA

Another Milestone I'm looking forward to:
Kim Jung Un's chubby rear end dying of a heart attack.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why are loving nerds of all people spending more than a second thinking "I wonder how this word in this language is pronounced" when Google Translate has had voice for like 40000 years?

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Why are loving nerds of all people spending more than a second thinking "I wonder how this word in this language is pronounced" when Google Translate has had voice for like 40000 years?

Because most of them are posting clandestinely from work or class.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Twitter dying.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Because most of them are posting clandestinely from work or class.

Well now I don't think they should do that :colbert:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
what goons are still taking classes lmfao

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

natetimm posted:

Twitter dying.

Ooooh yeah that'll be real good.

Facebook, too. gently caress Twitter and gently caress facebook.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

why would you even go to class if you weren't going to learn stuff instead of goofing off? just don't go lmao

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

why would you even go to class if you weren't going to learn stuff instead of goofing off? just don't go lmao

some professors had mandatory attendance which is loving dumb

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I hate both presidential candidates, so it's basically a win-win. If Trump wins basically no one is happy, which is cool, if Hillary wins it probably means a Republican supermajority in 2018 and the White House in 2020 with someone more appealing, so that's good as well.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Did anybody get any Schadenfreude out of that hentai monster farmer game going belly up?

I know I didn't. Waste of $26,000 if you ask me.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i heard some bitcoiners lost money today (moreso than usual). bitcoin is a pretty powerful source of schadenfreudhen in my life

eh it's probably already been mentioned itt whatever

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

i heard some bitcoiners lost money today (moreso than usual). bitcoin is a pretty powerful source of schadenfreudhen in my life

eh it's probably already been mentioned itt whatever

This is the first I'm hearing of it.

Suck it, bitcoin!

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.
Pokemon Go is broken, and even on these forums there are people posting angry tirades about it being harder to catch the pocket men. Their complaining is way more entertaining than Pokemon Go ever was, so I hope they take their sweet time fixing it.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The 2016 Olympics in Rio

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

1redflag posted:

The 2016 Olympics in Rio

If terrorists attacked, how could you tell?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Not in America it isn't. Go back to doucheland.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I can't wait to tell everyone I voted 3rd party so they can blame me for causing the other guy to win, even though they spent months crying that Hillary rigged something boo hoo Bernie boo hoo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Downercut posted:

Pokemon Go is broken, and even on these forums there are people posting angry tirades about it being harder to catch the pocket men. Their complaining is way more entertaining than Pokemon Go ever was, so I hope they take their sweet time fixing it.

pokemon go slowly turning into terrible poo poo is my top schadenfreude atm after it was hailed as some brilliant loving social thing

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Pokemon Go is kinda like geocaching except instead of walking to a published spot that might be an actual interesting location and then having to find a thing you have to aimlessly wander through boring neighborhoods until a cartoon pops out at you.

Except after a while even geocaching gets boring as gently caress because oh look another tupperware container in a rock pile at the base of a phone pole at the side of the road.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Also I hope Reddit just completely implodes this fall.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
basically everything having to do with theranos

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Ooooh yeah that'll be real good.

Facebook, too. gently caress Twitter and gently caress facebook.

is facebook ever actually going to die

i braved out xanga and myspace

not having a facebook made me look like a total fuckboi tho so i got one back in 2008

god will it please die i do not want to keep up with all these highscool/college assholes the rest of my life

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_DjiLLDfo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The ongoing court cases against the Bundy family and their "Sovereign Citizen" buddies has been a great source of schadenfreude, and I anticipate it to keep delivering.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i was walking on this public bike/walk path in my city and kept seeing groups of people (adults mind you) veering off the path and stopping to do something with their phones all excitedly i assume this is what pokemon go is like ? you just wander around until you see a creature and then you capture it ?

that's loving dumb let me bet hefirst to point it out

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

thathonkey posted:

i was walking on this public bike/walk path in my city and kept seeing groups of people (adults mind you) veering off the path and stopping to do something with their phones all excitedly i assume this is what pokemon go is like ? you just wander around until you see a creature and then you capture it ?

that's loving dumb let me bet hefirst to point it out

yeah but I talk to like easily 50 times more people now

Borneo Jimmy
Feb 27, 2007

by Smythe

White Phosphorus posted:

Florida killing hurricane is way overdue.

I too look forward to gusanos drowning in their lovely drug money condos

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Celluloid Sam posted:

yeah but I talk to like easily 50 times more people now

o really? how so

maybe i should download the app

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

thathonkey posted:

o really? how so

maybe i should download the app

any time I see someone with their phone out now I am like oh hey are you playing pokemon and then we chat until I found out they are on a different team then me and then I tell them to gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
there's teams ?? like clans of pokemon hunters

• Locked thread