Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Hello goons, do you have a second to talk about the GDT for UFC Fight Night 92: Rodriguez vs. Cacares, 10 p.m. ET Saturday, Aug. 6 on Fox Sports 1?

Oh thank you, you’re the first people who haven’t slammed the door in my face or unsubscribed from my thread! Well I’m Brother Bluedeanie, and it is part of my Mission here on SomethingAwful to post GDTs and share the good news of the UFC. Now I know what you’re thinking, how can a horribly-paced six-fight Fox Sports card headlined by Bruce Leroy possibly be relevant to me in any way? Well let me tell you, the only way to get to the pay-per-views is through works and good deeds.

Featherweight

Yair Rodriguez

Vs.

Alex “Bruce Leroy” Cacares

Yair Rodriguez hails from Mexico, where he was the featherweight winner of the Ultimate Fighter: Latin America. At just 23 years of age and with just one loss on his pro record long before his UFC days, Rodriguez represents the brave and multiethnic future the UFC has carved in an effort to modernize itself and escape some of the less… “politically correct” origins to the sport that have inhibited our growth with new fans! His fight of the night with Charles Ros and his beautiful performance-of-the-night flying head kick KO of Andre Fili let us know that we are part of something greater than ourselves, and it loves us.

Now you may think that The Ultimate Fighter is a dark, corrupted place free of the light of God’s love, and it is true it has fallen to the evil ways of the Father of Lies Colton Smith. But long ago there was a time when GSP walked among us, and the Ultimate Fighter was a warm and beautiful land of plenty. “Bruce Leroy” is a testament to that time. Now it is true Bruce Leroy has struggled for our sins, at one point going on a three-fight skid to Faber, Kanehara and Rivera. He also is a broken soul who had a win overturned due to his dependence on addictive mind-altering substances. But since returning to featherweight he has continued to win fights decisively and excitingly, and he hopes to impress us all again with a win over Rodriguez.

Featherweight

Dennis “The Menace” Bermudez

vs.

Rony “Honey” Jason

I am told that Dennis Bermudez’ nickname references a cartoon that I was not allowed by my parents to watch due to its sinful portrayal of harassing the elderly and its marketing relationship to Dairy Queen. At any rate, Bermudez also hails from a long-forgotten time of enjoyable TUFs, where before he sacrificed his mental health for us all, the tragic hero Jason Miller verbally slew the rude future champ Michael Bisping before getting shamefully owned by awful knees. Though Bermudez was not successful against a tiny Brazilian criminal, he proved to be the champion of our hearts, earning multiple bonus checks for finishing fighters including Satan’s minion Clay Guida. He unfortunately faced troubles of his own, though, getting choked out by Ricardo Lamas and TKO’d by an overweight Jeremy Stephens. Though this suggests he’s not quite ready for the top of the division, The Menace definitely spells problems for just about anyone else lower than the Top 6.

Rony Mariano Bezerra’s nickname “Rony Jason” also comes from the hockey mask he likes to wear on his way to the Octagon. That is another series of programming I was not allowed to watch, for it was far too violent and I may have seen some… :blush: forbidden nipnops. :blush: Thankfully my thoughts are still pure so I can focus on Rony Jason’s fights. He comes from a darker kind of TUF when the inaugural season of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil, where the blatant product placement took us back to a long-forgotten TUF era of Rich Franklin and completely organic, unforced discussions about delicious banana-nut flavored Xcience protein powders. That was well in the past, before the prophet fatherdog lead us out of persecution in SAS and into the promised land of Wrestlehut. He also kind of fights like the quintessential fighters of old, with stylistic flaws that lead them to struggle with middling fighters while walking through weirdly respectable ones. His most recent win, a triangle choke over Damon Jackson, was overturned after he tested positive for diuretics, so he is in slightly less good standing than Bermudez. An upset is certainly possible though, and would go far for his career and our enjoyment!

Middleweight

Thales Leites

vs.

Chris “Still Here” Camozzi

Hmm, so you want to know about the middleweight fight on the card? Well, Thales Leites fought for the UFC title waaay back 2009 with an ugly loss to Anderosn Silva. He was soon thereafter bounced from the UFC, but through works based on his faith in the coaches, training partners and chemicals available to him at Nova Uniao, his UFC career was reborn in 2013. He looked better and better, earning $150,000 in bonus money in two back-to-back fights by banishing the vile Francis Carmont and having an exciting fight with Tim Boetsch. After that, however, he dropped two in a row to current champion Michael Bisping and possible contender Gegard Mousasi.

Chris Camozzi is on the THIRD marvelous rebirth of his UFC career. With 17 UFC appearances, he has lost seven of them, but his hard work is being rewarded. After being welcomed back by the firm and unyielding embrace of Jacare Souza, Camozzi is currently on a three-fight winning streak. Why these two are meeting now? It is one of Joe Silva’s great mysteries.

Welterweight

Santiago Ponzinibbio

vs.

Zak Cummings

Oh… you’re still interested? Well to be honest with you most people have had enough and kick me out after we get to the Leites and Camozzi parts, but that’s great! I’m really glad you’re so interested in MMA and the joy and serenity it can bring your life. Well I’m pretty new to the mission so I haven’t gotten as well-versed in the complexities of the sport that involve Santiago Ponzinibbio. I know he’s from the Argentines, which we used to consider sinful heathens until our leaders changed their minds and started hosting TUFs in Latin America. He’s lost one and won two since coming to the UFC, but most of his wins (and one of his losses) have been exciting fights ending in KOS.

Zak Cummings hails from Kansas City, Missouri, where our great community truly had its jumping-off point. He’s been pretty successful in his UFC career, winning most of his bouts by submission despite being outgrappled by the much smaller but more technically gifted Gunnar Nelson. This is a classic “grappler vs. striker” matchup that you might hear about from time to time, and it is the staple and foundation of our belief system.

Middleweight

Trevor Smith

vs.

Joe Gigliotti

… still want to know more? Uh… ok… like I said, most people usually aren’t this interested… let’s see here… uh… Trevor Smith I think founded Mormonism in the early 1800s, and uh… Joe Gigliotti was… uh… I think he’s on Cake Boss… no I’m not really sure what he has to do with this either-

Women’s Strawweight

Maryna Moroz

vs.

Danielle Taylor

UHHHHH I DO know that Maryna Moroz is a young Ukranian fighter who looked super good against Jojo Calderwood, got beat easily by Valerie Letourneau and then looked good against Cristina Stanciu — you want to know about Danielle Taylor? Look I am really sorry, this is the farthest I think anyone has ever gotten in this conversation in the entire history of my mission. This is uncharted territory, I am not prepared for this conversation. Can I just leave you with these informative materials? That will tell you everything, and if you get a call from my Elder just tell him I helped you bring your groceries inside and then you didn’t want to talk with me. I am really sorry about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46PXaJxzuDE

OTHER STUFF TO WATCH

Preliminary Card, 8 p.m. ET (Fox Sports 1)
Welterweight Court McGee vs. Dominique Steele
Heavyweight Viktor Pešta vs. Marcin Tybura
Lightweight David Teymur vs. Jason Novelli
Featherweight Teruto Ishihara vs. Horacio Gutiérrez

Preliminary Card, 7 p.m. ET (UFC Fight Pass)
Featherweight Cub Swanson vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri
Heavyweight Chase Sherman vs. Justin Ledet

Official MMA Snack Rating: Caffeine-free Diet Coke

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I'm HYPE for my dude Yashabo Ishihara to knockout some scrub and then have A Sex.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm from Salt Lake and will be attending this show live, and I have already showed this OP to three people. Truly inspired posting, Elder Deanie.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Zak Cummings is powerfully ugly and Kansas City looks like about the right place where you would spot him.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Oh and btw don't forget to make your picks on goonweight

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782093&pagenumber=3&perpage=40

We've all completely sucked poo poo this go around and every fight on the main card has reasonable enough odds to go either way imo, so even if you have no clue who will win and haven't even picked a single event so far this season, you could literally bullshit your way into the top 10 with a half-decent scorecard!

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

drinking coffee, not LDS

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
drat my man Cub Swanson got relegated to the Fight Pass portion of a Fight Night card. Atleast people won't have to witness Kawajiri get murdered on cable TV.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

OP says August 13th but this is actually tomorrow, right?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Yes, not sure how I screwed that up. Fixed!

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm HYPE for my dude Yashabo Ishihara to knockout some scrub and then have A Sex.

https://fat.gfycat.com/HairyIdealHoneycreeper.webm

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If you aren't here for Teruto Ishihara you must have no heart. https://twitter.com/teruto_ko/status/761995709000343552

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Is that lobster on the top of his twitter lmao

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

origami posted:

Is that lobster on the top of his twitter lmao

yes

i think he thinks i'm a child?

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Some guys will use 子 to describe young adult women, too, so I think he means "this chick/dudette" rather than "this kid".

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Are there any good fights at all on this card?

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

i think the card looks fun, but it might not be fun, i dunno really

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have no strong opinions regarding this card nor much to say regarding this card

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yair/Caceres is a really good fight.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The mains good and there's some solid undercard fights too. Our horny boy Teruto must win.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
the vanilla gorilla vs. the black beast please

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Dang this guys got some hands

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
The very first fight is a heavyweight fight and it's....good?!??!

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
Lmao Sherman

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This is a cool bad heavyweight fight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

origami posted:

The very first fight is a heavyweight fight and it's....good?!??!

It's the year of the Prelim Heavyweight.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
This fight rules they're basically just doing oneouts

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Sherman's chin is ridiculous.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
What's a oneout?

Also ledet is doin ok

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Oh, this card's at altitude? Oh, cool.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
I like ledet

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have a bad feeling the 2nd and 3rd rounds won't be very good.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Brian Stann: These two BIG BEEFY BOYS

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
that was the best heavyweight round i've seen in a long while

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

that was the best heavyweight round i've seen in a long while

seriously

granted they're going to slow down immensely..

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Eat Bum Zen posted:

What's a oneout?

Also ledet is doin ok

Traditional nz/pacific martial arts where the two street combatants literally trade punches

e] Mark Hunt vs Ray Sefo would be a prime example

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
For two heavyweights making their debut at a high altitude I think they're both showing a lot of potential.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Sherman still going at altitude with a clearly broken nose is decent for most heavyweights.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

what the gently caress lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

This fight is ridiculous.

• Locked thread