Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Ok who's readin this and who was just frontin'

Past 80% done now, it's funny as poo poo. Reading it page by page so I did the whole poem first and the commentary afterwards.

Zembla very closely resembles but is not exactly like Scandinavia. Geographically and culturally it seems like a smaller extra Scandinavia stuck somehow between the real Scandinavia and Russia. The bits of Zemblan language we get are sometimes almost intelligible as a warped Scandinavian language and sometimes not at all. Or maybe Kinbote is just full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

House Louse posted:

I've been trying to work out if we can work out where Zembla is, and I don't think it's possible to locate it on a map of this world. If it were it'd have to be a peninsula in the Baltic, not Novaya Zembla.

Yeah, except that Kinbote also says the northern coast is sometimes visited by "Eskimos" in traditional kayaks. Which is kind of impressive given that the Inuit never made it east of Greenland, but doubly impressive if in the Baltic. I'm leaning pretty heavily toward the "Kinbote is full of poo poo" theory.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
Finished; that was another good BOTM.

Since I'm a horribly nerd I now find myself wondering if Stan Lee had read this thing before creating the X-men.

• Locked thread