Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

S1 Thread S2 S3 S4

...And we're back. Welcome to the fifth season of the Game of Roto: the best fantasy league about an ok fantasy show.

Like the city of Mereen, we are a free league. Also like the city of Mereen, our dialogue is dumb as heck, we negotiate with one-sided & insulting trade offers, and the person in charge doesn't know what he's doing. Oh, and we have a keeper system.

Site:
ESPN - League Page

Scoring:

1Q / 2R / 2W / 1T / 1 WRT / 1DST / 7 BN - no kickers
0.5 PPR otherwise ESPN standard

Draft & Schedule:
Tentatively set @ Sat Sept 3 at 4 PM Pacific
H2H weeks 1-13
Playoffs: 4 teams qualify then 2 rounds of 2-week playoffs (wks 14-17)

Keepers:
2 keepers for this draft, but going forward we'll be able to keep 3.
Keeper values are last years auctions' cost plus $5.
Auction is a $200 budget.

League changes:
This league is casual AF and we can vote to change anything.
To prevent ambiguity with idle speculation/shitposting, there's a format for proposed rule changes: anything intended for league vote should have "Proposal:" in the post. If someone seconds the motion by posting "THE KING IN THE NORF" gif, then we'll vote.

Thrones-themed team names:

Mandatory. No book spoilers, please!

Previously on Game of Roto:
S1 Champ: nerve (Hallyne's Wildfire), S2 Champ: Sataere (We Do Not Suh), S3 Champ: uublog (The Raineys of Castamere)
S4 Champ: Khal Tebow of the Chipraki rode tim loving hightower to the league championship and now RVProfootballer sits on the Gridiron Throne
S5 Champ: could it be you??

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Team Gregor:
Marshmallow Blue - All Men Must Tear ACLs
flax - The Manning Faced God
nerve - Hallyne's Wildfire
Gobias Ind. - Ser Jameis Lannister
SouthShoreSamurai - Tyrion My Wayward Son
kaynorr - Mance Raiders

Team Sandor:
RVProfootballer - Khal Tebow
dy. - White Welkers
Fight Club Sandwich - JPP's Littlefinger
Michael Corleone - Cleveland Bronns
Oh Snapple - An Unleashing of Dragons
bbf2 - You Need the Bad Prosise

New rules:

quote:

This is now a 3-keeper league

Yays: Michael Corleone, Marshmallow Blue, RVProfootballer, Nerve , Zypher, SouthshoreSamurai, dy.
Nays:
Who cares: Fight Club Sandwich

Wait list:

Keeper Values

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 24, 2016

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

if you're back this season or want to be put on the waiting list, sound off with a rad gif. also let us know your thoughts on the proposed draft date in the OP

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 6, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Back for another season, draft date/time works with me, gonna go with the classic:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Gonna just copy this GIF because I am lazy and maybe have one good keeper :( Putting Calvin Johnson on my trade block if any of you dudes are interested.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Michael Corleone posted:

Gonna just copy this GIF because I am lazy and maybe have one good keeper :( Putting Calvin Johnson on my trade block if any of you dudes are interested.

Did you check who was actually on your team, rather than going by draft? Pretty sure I finished with Calvin on my roster, and think you have better keepers than you think. Vaguely recall something like me trading away a cheap but injured Keenan Allen for Megatron? Don't remember though.

Edit: Yeah, just checked and I have Calvin. I've also got a few possible keepers might trade, along with some I'm going to keep:

Allen Robinson, Thomas Rawls, Demaryius Thomas, Devante Parker

sourdough fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 6, 2016

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I'm in, draft time works for me!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'm claiming my slot in the bloodbath.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Would love to get in on this if a spot opens up.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Would love to get in on this if a spot opens up.

You stole my team gif, you sonofabitch. :getout:

I'm in. Keeping Johnson and Nuk.

Also I'm keeping my team name because it's rad AF and still makes me laugh every time I see it.

e: Also IDK what happened with imgur and I don't know how to post links direct to pictures anymore.

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 7, 2016

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I will never change my team name! We will be stalwarts of the league for generations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

You stole my team gif, you sonofabitch. :getout:

http://imgur.com/a/agfqd

I'm in. Keeping Johnson and Nuk.

Also I'm keeping my team name because it's rad AF and still makes me laugh every time I see it.

e: Also IDK what happened with imgur and I don't know how to post links direct to pictures anymore.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Word. How did you do that? Where did you find the link?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Word. How did you do that? Where did you find the link?

Just opened the image itself and copied the url. I'm not an imgur pro and was on my phone anyway, so not sure whether there's a direct image link somewhere on the page you linked.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Gobias can have my slot. Godspeed to you, my son

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Zypher posted:

Gobias can have my slot. Godspeed to you, my son

Fight Club Sandwich, in that keeper cost image you posted, does it include the $5 increase? Or is that what they cost last year?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Fight Club Sandwich, in that keeper cost image you posted, does it include the $5 increase? Or is that what they cost last year?

Those were last year's prices, so add $5

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Can;t seem to set my keepers or anything, or edit my team name, which is the most important issue.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Can;t seem to set my keepers or anything, or edit my team name, which is the most important issue.

anybody else having this problem? i activated the league last wknd and i seem to be able to do both of those things. are you sure you're in the 2016 league and not like some historical team page?

Gobias Ind. posted:

the image in the second post shows the draft price; keepers are draft price +$5 and free agents are $1 + $5

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I might be logged into the wrong ESPN emails cause I don't see calvinball either. I'll report back with a different answer most likely.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Just me. I fixed it.

Also, going to keep my team name unless I have to change it. Mostly cause I don't want to make a new logo.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Well poo poo, just went to the team page and it looks like Le'Veon was traded and is not in fact on my team =(

Not sure how to transition the team into my name on ESPN - let me know if you need an e-mail address or something FCS.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Fantasy football withdrawal is good for no one. Please put me on the waiting list, if I don't get in I'll just

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

Well poo poo, just went to the team page and it looks like Le'Veon was traded and is not in fact on my team =(

Not sure how to transition the team into my name on ESPN - let me know if you need an e-mail address or something FCS.

yeah shoot it over and i'll send an inv. Welcome!

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

yeah shoot it over and i'll send an inv. Welcome!

Thanks! PM sent.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Any chance we could move the draft date away from labor day weekend? I'm going to be on vacation Sat and Sun. edit: actually hold on, that date might work

PS - I'm going to bid a million dollars on Julio Jones this year.

mega dy fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 19, 2016

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

dy. posted:

Any chance we could move the draft date away from labor day weekend? I'm going to be on vacation Sat and Sun.

PS - I'm going to bid a million dollars on Julio Jones this year.

At least you're not blowing 90$ on Peyton

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
If there's any open spot I would love to be put on the waiting list.

I would be willing to wait for three seasons like this guy....

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Welcome new managers kaynorr and bbf2, please select a old decrepit team to transform into a young sexy team and shoot me your email addresses

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Welcome new managers kaynorr and bbf2, please select a old decrepit team to transform into a young sexy team and shoot me your email addresses

PMed you with my e-mail.

I will take over the "Unleashing of Dragons" and keep Gurley and Mike Evans. I will also give it a better team name

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Uhhh any chance I could go ahead and keep my team? Thought I had through today

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

I'll take whatever's left and rename it to the White Welkers. Probably, unless I think of something better.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

kaynorr posted:

I'll take whatever's left and rename it to the White Welkers. Probably, unless I think of something better.

That name is already taken. Great biarve to you in finding a name and fielding a team though!

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Michael Corleone posted:

That name is already taken. Great biarve to you in finding a name and fielding a team though!

Fair point. Mance Raiders is pretty great, so I'll probably stick with that.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

alright y'all, teams are full up. oh snapple will keep his team, and bbf2 receives bronny football and kaynor gets mance raiders

keeper deadline is a week from now and draft is the week after that (Sept 4). Lets do this thing

e: draft is on Sept 3 like in the OP and like everybody voiced their opinion on, not Sept 4

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 22, 2016

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
The draft is on the 3rd.

nerve fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 22, 2016

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

I'm stupid. the 3rd. at 4P Pacfic

I'll also unlock trading and FA after the draft

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 22, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Do we do keeper trading or no? I'm really happy with Robinson and Rawls, but also have Demaryius Thomas and Devante Parker nice and cheap, so willing to talk about possible deals if anyone has like one really good keeper but no viable second one.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

rosters locked at the end of the season and will unlock after the draft including both trades and FA - reminder though that everything in the league is proposable and votable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

I'm stupid. the 3rd. at 4P Pacfic

I'll also unlock trading and FA after the draft

So Sept 3rd - 7PM Real person time (EST)? Sounds great.

• Locked thread