Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Howdy! Today I am going to make some classic baked macaroni and cheese from the Food Lab book by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt

He is a cool dude and this should be some cool food. I am off to buy the supplies now!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

Howdy! Today I am going to make some classic baked macaroni and cheese from the Food Lab book by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt

He is a cool dude and this should be some cool food. I am off to buy the supplies now!!

OMG WOW

guess what? Kenji is my fraternity brother.

you know what's really weird about that? i'm a lady. and no i'm not a troon. it's a coed fraternity aka the most awesomest one ever!!!

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Thought it said Jennifer Lopez.lol. Mac and cheese is good. Good call op.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

psychokitty posted:

OMG WOW

guess what? Kenji is my fraternity brother.

you know what's really weird about that? i'm a lady. and no i'm not a troon. it's a coed fraternity aka the most awesomest one ever!!!

Whaaaaa? Really? That guy ownz bones

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I gots some supplies

I'm just going to make this recipe exactly as its printed since Kenji has never let me down.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

I gots some supplies

I'm just going to make this recipe exactly as its printed since Kenji has never let me down.

that is a very nice dutch oven

how many farts does it store?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Ooh I know that recipe. You can use most of the same ingredients for creamy-style mac and cheese too: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/10/the-food-labs-ultra-gooey-stovetop-mac-cheese.html

If you keep the heat low enough, you can add an obscene amount of cheese. My gf and I made that recipe but kept adding cheese and we made it so dense you could only eat a ramekins worth.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 7, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The mac and cheese is good

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Uhhhhhhhhhh
Goddammmit

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

psychokitty posted:

you know what's really weird about that? i'm a lady. and no i'm not a troon.
I think m'lady doth protest too much :crossarms: :tipshat:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

The mac and cheese is good

looks gross but so does most of the stuff I make

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

a hole-y ghost posted:

I think m'lady doth protest too much :crossarms: :tipshat:

Hurr

You just probably want to see titties

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

psychokitty posted:

Hurr

You just probably want to see titties
no I just think its funny whenever girlposters are revealed to actually be cis:stare: straight:stare: white:stare: males:stare:

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica
looks like a really solid recipe. The one I make and used in our restaurants is very similar but uses velveeta instead of the cheese slices and half and half instead of evaporated milk. I'll bet it turned out fantastic. I didn't know the guy had a book... his blog is great.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

a hole-y ghost posted:

looks gross but so does most of the stuff I make

mlyp

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

OctoberBlues posted:

I gots some supplies

You went to king soops

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

jeff smisek posted:

You went to king soops

King Soops for life, gently caress Safeway.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

OctoberBlues posted:

King Soops for life, gently caress Safeway.

The Unsafeway rules, gently caress Queen Soopers!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

MrChupon posted:

*pulls out gun*

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

MrChupon posted:

Wow how are you still alive, and they are always out of bags of Starburst anyway

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I could seriously eat mac n cheese every day but every time I try to make a homemade version or eat a homemade version I hate it because deep down I just want the white trash add milk and butter poo poo.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
spice that poo poo up next time, i tend to use mustard powder, onion powder, and worcestershire sauce for mine and it's the poo poo

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Good macaroni comes from the heart not from some Asian guy.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Some people think that Mac N Cheese is a food for kids. However, many of those people are the same people who will order fettuccine Alfredo at a restaurant without a second thought.

^^^And that mac looks pretty good.^^^

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Microwaves Mom posted:

Good macaroni comes from the heart not from some Asian guy.
im heartless and an asian guy does that bode ill for me and my macaroni??

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

xechostormx posted:

The one I make and used in our restaurants is very similar but uses velveeta instead of the cheese slices
Shame on you. A good mac and cheese deserves good cheese, not that crap. The next time I'm making some, I'm using muenster and probably swiss.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
No matter how fancy and nice people try to get with their Mac by adding read crumbs and spices, it will never be as good as plain old Kraft blue box

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

No matter how fancy and nice people try to get with their Mac by adding read crumbs and spices, it will never be as good as plain old Kraft blue box
homemade mac does not need to be fancy, it can just be some pasta topped with bechamel that has grated cheese melted in.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

a hole-y ghost posted:

no I just think its funny whenever girlposters are revealed to actually be cis:stare: straight:stare: white:stare: males:stare:

you didn't see my butt huh?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
About 100 years ago mac&cheese was new and haute cuisine so it was a favorite among rich people, then poor people figured out how to make it and it was no longer trendy. True story, look it up if you don't believe me.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

genesplicer posted:

Some people think that Mac N Cheese is a food for kids. However, many of those people are the same people who will order fettuccine Alfredo at a restaurant without a second thought.

^^^And that mac looks pretty good.^^^
Pretty much potluck kinda thing i go to i just make scalloped potatoes cause i know everyone will eat them and talk about how awesome they are but it's kind of funny because it's basically just a kids menu item thats acceptable for adults.

It depressing how many american grownups do not eat green things.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Way back before most of you Goons were ever born, there was a president named Jimmy "I'll nevah lie to yo' rear end" "Carter.
Due to gummint milk subsidies, there was a huge surplus which was converted to cheese.
Eventually this accumulated to such a degree that there wasn't enough room to store it anymore.
So, after much bitching amongst cheese - deprived persons, there was a great giveaway of "Government Cheese."

I was out of work,so I went down and got four huge bricks of the sharp cheddar that was the Government Cheese, along with a big bag of noodles.
- along with a recipe for Mac and Cheese.
We ate off that for a month. It was great.
The good old days when at least the government gave you some food once in a while.
Isn't there a band called Government Cheese?
E:
Robert Townsend had a routine about this:
(His children speaking) "Tell us, Father, what was it like when you were a Negro? Did you eat the government cheese, Father?"
This was the same black comic that described Puerto-Ricans as "Your basic sports-model friend of the family."
Heh.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 7, 2016

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

psychokitty posted:

you didn't see my butt huh?
sure I did I looked in the mirror :twisted:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

wait

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
i prefer macaroons and chaise tyvm

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

drat horror queefs posted:

i prefer macaroons and chaise tyvm
We should "chaise" this guy out of GBS

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

a hole-y ghost posted:

We should "chaise" this guy out of GBS

:wth:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I had Mac n cheese made with rigatoni and it as the best thing ever. good luck wiping your rear end OP

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

dad gay. so what posted:

I had Mac n cheese made with rigatoni and it as the best thing ever. good luck wiping your rear end OP

growing up my mom always made mac and cheese with rigatoni but now that i am an adult i reject that and only use elbow macaroni as the good lord intended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

rigatoni is the superior pasta for mac and cheese, you've failed her

e: whoops got confused about pastas its bad and you're right carry on

• Locked thread