Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

well then how are you getting gooey cheesiness?! HOW?>!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

HOW?!?!?!

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i have my ways

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OctoberBlues posted:

with cheese :confused:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

heh, good luck with that. :grin:

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

OctoberBlues posted:

heh, good luck with that. :grin:

dont underestimate my cheesiness

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

an idea for a movie: max and cheese

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Just had this burrito : chorizo, tater tots, MAC N CHEESE, smothered in green chili

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Matey posted:

an idea for a movie: max and cheese

its like, max is a sous chef who is going nowhere, and cheese is his dog. max starts making cooking videos where his dog is the star, and the videos go viral. then they open a restaurant together, win over a snobby food critic , and their restaurant is named the best in the world or something

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

jeff smisek posted:

Just had this burrito : chorizo, tater tots, MAC N CHEESE, smothered in green chili

:captainpop:

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Matey posted:

its like, max is a sous chef who is going nowhere, and cheese is his dog. max starts making cooking videos where his dog is the star, and the videos go viral. then they open a restaurant together, win over a snobby food critic , and their restaurant is named the best in the world or something

Where's the romantic interest? Is..is..is it the dog and Max?

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

King of Bees posted:

Where's the romantic interest? Is..is..is it the dog and Max?

interesting take....writing partner !

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

a hole-y ghost posted:

homemade mac does not need to be fancy, it can just be some pasta topped with bechamel that has grated cheese melted in.

it will still never be as good as the whatever powder they put in kraft blue box

literally no macaroni and cheese can ever be better than kraft mac and cheese with no special additions or changes

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Teikanmi posted:

it will still never be as good as the whatever powder they put in kraft blue box

literally no macaroni and cheese can ever be better than kraft mac and cheese with no special additions or changes

ketamine

it's ketamine in the blue box

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Matey posted:

interesting take....writing partner !

They say "write what you know" so give me few days, k?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Some day I want to make this recipe, and then promptly expire.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

(Ps, this was at the new Sam's no3 off leetsdale if you wanna get down on some)

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

King of Bees posted:

They say "write what you know" so give me few days, k?

hey man, just an update: ive got this idea for a friend of max. hes a rapper that goes by the name "lil smokie". i think he'll be the comedic relief for the film, throwing out a lot of one liners

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

OctoberBlues posted:

Make modernist mac and cheese. poo poo owns bones. You can put like, any fuckin cheese you want in that poo poo and it isn't some dumb baby flavorless bechamel.

Only thing that sucks is that I don't have a mechanical shredder so hand shredding hideously expensive cheeses makes my twig arms tired.

BLam: http://modernistcuisine.com/recipes/silky-smooth-macaroni-and-cheese/

The book lists a bunch of nice cheese combos.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I got my mother in law to send me a pound of sodium citrate from the US so I could make modernist mac and cheese here. I don't know how a big bag of white powder made it through customs, but it did, and the results are spectacular! I have also gotten an immersion blender now, to make it even more creamy. I think I'll try that this weekend.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Nooner posted:

mac n cheese? more like MUCK and FLEAS

Haha don't b fooled by hectors new av he's still a bitch baby who can't take a spicy fastball like this one

Also thanks for giving US a couple days to get invested op before u made ur Mac and cheese honestly it happened so fast I don't think we were part of the process maybe slow ur role son

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hmmm.

Yeah, I'd eat that.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Milk and butter and slow heat applied to good cheese, also a little flour.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

evobatman posted:

I don't know how a big bag of white powder made it through customs, but it did, and the results are spectacular!
Have you seen those fatasses in the TSA? They probably skimmed off the top

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I meant fatass in a totally affectionate way don't fist my rear end in a top hat please if you're reading this tsa guys :(

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

OctoberBlues posted:

Hmmm.

Yeah, I'd eat that.

It was more delicious than it had any right to be.

2x Kraft mac

+

+

plenty of sriracha

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Mayvbe it's all the am,phetimine I''m on, but none of this looks appatizing 2 me... :raise:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Kaedric posted:

Make modernist mac and cheese. poo poo owns bones. You can put like, any fuckin cheese you want in that poo poo and it isn't some dumb baby flavorless bechamel.

Only thing that sucks is that I don't have a mechanical shredder so hand shredding hideously expensive cheeses makes my twig arms tired.

BLam: http://modernistcuisine.com/recipes/silky-smooth-macaroni-and-cheese/

The book lists a bunch of nice cheese combos.

um chemistry is cool and all but you can add cheese to a bechamel sauce its really easy

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

XMNN posted:

um chemistry is cool and all but you can add cheese to a bechamel sauce its really easy

Yes, the point is to avoid bechamel because it dilutes the flavor of the cheese with tasteless flour and milk.

EDIT: Oh also you can make cheese slices out of the sauce if you want to, to put on sandwiches later. It's kinda cool

bleep.bloop
Jun 19, 2016

Oh, dear leader!

Kaedric posted:

Yes, the point is to avoid bechamel because it dilutes the flavor of the cheese with tasteless flour and milk.

EDIT: Oh also you can make cheese slices out of the sauce if you want to, to put on sandwiches later. It's kinda cool

Make it with cream and butter, then.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
macaroni & cheese with chopped up hotdog mixed in! ...mmm

"thanks, mom"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

BirryJoru posted:

macaroni & cheese with chopped up hotdog mixed in! ...mmm

"thanks, mom"

frickin classic

• Locked thread