Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.

mauman posted:

I never understood why Bathesda gets a free pass when it comes to buggy games. They always seem to be buggy messes when they come out and they always still get high marks.

Obsidian got raked over the coals for the same deal (which was ironically as much as Bathesda's fault as Obsidian's).

I lost a lot of respect for Bathesda after the FONV debacle. To the point that I don't buy their games until they're massively on sale anymore.

Because they're fun despite the bugs. There's something that's forgivable about your horse riding off a cliff and killing itself because it's not a necessity to playing the game. It helps that they allow mods for their games, too, meaning that we don't have to wait forever for some kind of patch to fix any issues that pop up.

But yeah, mostly because they're fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

silversatyr posted:

Because they're fun despite the bugs. There's something that's forgivable about your horse riding off a cliff and killing itself because it's not a necessity to playing the game. It helps that they allow mods for their games, too, meaning that we don't have to wait forever for some kind of patch to fix any issues that pop up.

But yeah, mostly because they're fun.

Yeah, when it gets lovely is when the fanbase gets super overly defensive or player blaming about it.

Like that one quarry in Fallout 4 that would have horrendous rendering errors for tons of people. Or bringing up the quicktravel points that will place you on top of respawning landmines. "Well I NEVER use quicktravel! Therefore you are the problem for being too casual, not the game's fault! :smug:" "Then what about the bomb traps respawning in the concession stand of the drive through settlement? While I own it. While I'm placing furniture. For the 3rd time... Oh I'm worse than Hitler, okay then."

Christ, it's amazing how many people were screaming for follower permadeath in Fo4. Considering how 90% of my follower KOs involved them phasing through terrain (Catwalks in particular), or even knocking themselves out because they walked between a pair of road cones the wrong way.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Section Z posted:

Yeah, when it gets lovely is when the fanbase gets super overly defensive or player blaming about it.

Truly, Bethesda's fans are as buggy as their games.

Five Apples
Mar 11, 2008

THIS IS WHAT I AM

Section Z posted:

Like that one quarry in Fallout 4 that would have horrendous rendering errors for tons of people. Or bringing up the quicktravel points that will place you on top of respawning landmines. "Well I NEVER use quicktravel! Therefore you are the problem for being too casual, not the game's fault! :smug:" "Then what about the bomb traps respawning in the concession stand of the drive through settlement? While I own it. While I'm placing furniture. For the 3rd time... Oh I'm worse than Hitler, okay then."

Christ, it's amazing how many people were screaming for follower permadeath in Fo4. Considering how 90% of my follower KOs involved them phasing through terrain (Catwalks in particular), or even knocking themselves out because they walked between a pair of road cones the wrong way.

I can only laugh at the number of times I've fully charged my gauss rifle, carefully lined up a shot, and watched my companion's head slide right into my cross-hairs as I release the trigger.
BOOM
*use stimpack on Deacon*

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Five Apples posted:

I can only laugh at the number of times I've fully charged my gauss rifle, carefully lined up a shot, and watched my companion's head slide right into my cross-hairs as I release the trigger.
BOOM
*use stimpack on Deacon*

And that option and end result, is thankfully, what makes it usually funny instead of :argh:

If only I were so lucky whenever I attempt to use destruction magic when it comes to Skyrim followers :sigh: Faendal, buddy. I removed your dagger so you would use your bow out of harms way more often, not charge in to punch things in a corner I can't fireball into without killing you.

I should probably add something to deal with that to my steadily growing mods list.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
I do have to admit that I've been super lucky in not finding many bugs myself - usually all I get are the silly ones that don't break the game completely. There were three bugs that caused me to rage, and one of them was fixed with console commands (the Skyrim one - couldn't get to some wine I needed for a sidequest). The two others were more serious - New Vegas' crashing bug when you got near that one hotel/dinosaur monument town. Double annoying because it was quest-necessary. And a bug in Fallout 4 where my Pipboy vanished (I was moving around power armour in my newly constructed PA shed. Hopped into an empty frame and accidentally clicked to enter another Power armour... never got that one fixed, unfortunately, and I was about 20 hours into that character. orz )

Otherwise I only get the stupid stuff like Dogmeat walking up a wall or a spider spawning inside a giant (that was horrifyingly hilarious).

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Section Z posted:

And that option and end result, is thankfully, what makes it usually funny instead of :argh:

If only I were so lucky whenever I attempt to use destruction magic when it comes to Skyrim followers :sigh: Faendal, buddy. I removed your dagger so you would use your bow out of harms way more often, not charge in to punch things in a corner I can't fireball into without killing you.

I should probably add something to deal with that to my steadily growing mods list.

God, loving J'Zargo's quest to use the fire scrolls on undead is loving impossible with a follower because they will ALWAYS run up to you like "Hey what's upAGUGH" and then start fighting you because you had the audacity to be on fire when they ran into you.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
Adobe appears to not want me to finish video 9.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

The best part of that image is definitely "and eight seconds."

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't know what you are complaining about, it's only about 231000 years. Are you somehow encoding on a 386? Or did you put moon sugar in the floppy drive?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
You know, for having taken 200,000 years, it certainly didn't cooperate with me well upon finishing!

:siren: UPDATE :siren:

Episode 9 - Mr. Puffles, Sewer Cat

I thought the jumpiness in my lovely preview video was just shittiness from the preview video but apparently I can't have nice things and my new version of Premiere loving OBS made it a bit jumpy for the first few seconds. Whatever, just play the Skyrim Drinking Game with me, Highwang, Star Man and Chitlin and forget all about it.

Speaking of drinking games, reminder that there's a ~*Drunk Skyrim Stream*~ coming on my Twitch channel tomorrow around 6 pm Mountain Time!

UZworm fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 28, 2016

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Drink every time they say Bethesda also

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Drink every time someone complains about Bethesda and watch the world population shrink to zero in twenty seconds.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Basement chef is a cannibal, so it's totally okay to kill them.

Sad veteran was the only guy down there who doesn't attack you, though :mad:

Killing innocent people is for quest rewards, not for table scraps :pseudo:

PS: The best book in Skyrim is the choose your own adventure book.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
As a Marylander I can tell you that Bethesda is pronounced Bethesda.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
I think you might need to change the title to :bread: is the new :catdrugs: instead.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

So this Esbern guy, he's saying that the world is going to end, everyone is going to die and a dragon is going to eat our souls, and there's nothing anyone can do about it, but no one listened to his warning. What exactly was he hoping people would do? Is there some action that could have been taken to avert this unavoidable apocalypse?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tiggum posted:

So this Esbern guy, he's saying that the world is going to end, everyone is going to die and a dragon is going to eat our souls, and there's nothing anyone can do about it, but no one listened to his warning. What exactly was he hoping people would do? Is there some action that could have been taken to avert this unavoidable apocalypse?
Maybe he wanted people to search harder for a new dragonborn. :shrug:

But you can't expect too much from a guy who thinks hiding in the most obvious location in all of Skyrim is a good idea. Wouldn't Riften's thief infested sewer be the first place anyone would look for him? Gotta prevent the Thalmor from learning that part about the dragons or they might actually try and stop them too. Which would lead to a lot more elves eaten by dragons so it's a win-win.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Poil posted:

Maybe he wanted people to search harder for a new dragonborn. :shrug:

But you can't expect too much from a guy who thinks hiding in the most obvious location in all of Skyrim is a good idea. Wouldn't Riften's thief infested sewer be the first place anyone would look for him? Gotta prevent the Thalmor from learning that part about the dragons or they might actually try and stop them too. Which would lead to a lot more elves eaten by dragons so it's a win-win.
Thalmor are actually really into the whole end of the world thing.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
SKYRIM STREAM

Greenfinger
May 23, 2016

Will love and/or eat you...

15 minutes, thats my excuse.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Greenfinger posted:

15 minutes, thats my excuse.

It was enough.

Thank you to everyone who joined in the stream!!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
My homework assignment is complete. It took me four years of playing off and on to beat vanilla Skyrim. I just took a detour of becoming the archmage of the College of Winterhold, fighting for the Stormcloaks (who are actually a bunch of motherfuckers), looting countless dungeons, becoming a Nightengale, mastering the art of blacksmithing, getting hitched, and adopting two kids. I did it all with the help of dual casting fireballs on everything and accidentally killing several summoned daedra and followers in the process.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: FAKE UPDATE :siren:

Mr. Puffles Stream Adventure: Part 1

From the start of the stream until the first crash!

Mr. Puffles Stream Adventure: Part 2

From the restart until the end of the stream (aka the second crash :()

UZworm fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 4, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You managed quite a long time without a crash.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Mr. Puffles hates things

Mr. Puffles hates things, Dragonborn edition

Mr. Puffles has not slept for- what the hell are you d-

dude why

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Fish Noise posted:

uffles has not slept for- what the hell are you d-

dude why

Look, that bread has been sitting on a shelf in a cave/keep for years. At this point it makes for a more sturdy mug than an actual mug.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

Never stop. :allears:

Also I unironically want shirts like that.

Section Z posted:

Look, that bread has been sitting on a shelf in a cave/keep for years. At this point it makes for a more sturdy mug than an actual mug.
If it was from a dwemer ruin it would be just as edible as when it was first baked/forged. :v:

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Fish Noise posted:

Mr. Puffles hates things

Mr. Puffles has not slept for- what the hell are you d-

dude why

This is magnificent.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

-->Eh.
Okay, I am fully aware this is terrible (because I cannot draw for crap) however, one line from the last stream really made me cackle so I had to do something for it.

enjoy my crap.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

silversatyr posted:

Okay, I am fully aware this is terrible (because I cannot draw for crap) however, one line from the last stream really made me cackle so I had to do something for it.

enjoy my crap.

All contributions are welcome!

Video 10 is in the works right now and should be out within the next couple of days, by the way.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I recently learned something cool about the Dark Brotherhood quests Innocence Lost and Mourning Never Comes, you can pre-murder the targets and get special dialog if you do. :v:

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

UZworm posted:

Video 10 is in the works right now and should be out within the next couple of days, by the way.

So this post was made before I realized that I didn't have Chitlin's audio for video 10 and consequently spent the night doing a drunk stream of Mario 3 instead. Pretend I posted that message tonight instead because I'm actually editing it now :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm, how much editing have you done in the LP so far to avoid all the iconic catchphrases?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

RareAcumen posted:

UZworm, how much editing have you done in the LP so far to avoid all the iconic catchphrases?

Happy accident, honestly.

Though when I rewatched video 2 before doing the commentary I noticed there was literally an arrow in Mr. Puffles' knee during a kill cam and I'm very happy nobody else noticed :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm posted:

Though when I rewatched video 2 before doing the commentary I noticed there was literally an arrow in Mr. Puffles' knee during a kill cam and I'm very happy nobody else noticed :v:

Oh, poo poo. Good thing you're not playing a horse character. That kinda thing gets you put down.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

UZworm posted:

That would require your co-commentators to actually be watching the video.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

At 3:46 this video just stops playing and any attempt to skip past that just results in endless loading. Is this just me, some issue with YouTube, or something wrong with the video?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Tiggum posted:

At 3:46 this video just stops playing and any attempt to skip past that just results in endless loading. Is this just me, some issue with YouTube, or something wrong with the video?
It was fine when I watched it previously, but RIGHT NOW, the audio plays normally, the video plays at something in the territory of 8x speed, and the whole thing is only 3:46 long.

Soooo something's fucky and I'm happy with blaming youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: UPDATE :siren:

Episode 10 - Mr. Puffles Finds a Wall

"I hate Mr. Puffles. I hate him so much."
- Iron Chitlin 2016

Also I have no idea what happened to video 2.

• Locked thread