Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The fearsome warrior whose name will be spoken in hushed voices out of fear... and embarrassment.

Imperials, kill all the stormcloaks and spit hairballs on their corpses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Are you planning on getting some Dawnguard on for the best waifu? The Soul Cairn and follow up quest Touching The Sky are paramount for truly enjoying Skyrim.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It'll be a while before we can get the best waifu. :drac:

So go adventure with Uthgerd The Unbroken first. She has a nice attitude.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Everytime I've tried Lydia she's been useless. She goes down quickly and with a whimpy one hander she's not very effective at dealing damage either. :shrug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You know you can just walk past the frost troll, right? It's slow and gives up easily.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Nooo, ski faster Mr Puffles! :gonk:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It wouldn't surprise me if the people who climbed it just lied to make it sound more impressive. But more likely it's because it's Bethesda.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Covok posted:

Does the Two-Handed Weapons perk that ignores armor not affect natural armor that enemies might have?
It does, but enemies don't really have natural armor for it to matter (if at all). Waste of perk points.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is it possible to recover your gear later if you leave it in the chest?

Elven armor is great value for its weight, and you can return to the embassy after the quest and murder the guards with no consequence whatsoever (maybe even before?). Just pick the lock on the gate, kill the morons outside and then head into the little guardhouse to the left of the gate (to the right if you're inside). Nobody will care. Not even the thalmor themselves once they respawn.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You can definitely stealth the whole thing. You just need to have a decent sneak skill, decent archery skill and a good bow.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't know what you are complaining about, it's only about 231000 years. Are you somehow encoding on a 386? Or did you put moon sugar in the floppy drive?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tiggum posted:

So this Esbern guy, he's saying that the world is going to end, everyone is going to die and a dragon is going to eat our souls, and there's nothing anyone can do about it, but no one listened to his warning. What exactly was he hoping people would do? Is there some action that could have been taken to avert this unavoidable apocalypse?
Maybe he wanted people to search harder for a new dragonborn. :shrug:

But you can't expect too much from a guy who thinks hiding in the most obvious location in all of Skyrim is a good idea. Wouldn't Riften's thief infested sewer be the first place anyone would look for him? Gotta prevent the Thalmor from learning that part about the dragons or they might actually try and stop them too. Which would lead to a lot more elves eaten by dragons so it's a win-win.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You managed quite a long time without a crash.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

Mr. Puffles hates things, Dragonborn edition
Never stop. :allears:

Also I unironically want shirts like that.

Section Z posted:

Look, that bread has been sitting on a shelf in a cave/keep for years. At this point it makes for a more sturdy mug than an actual mug.
If it was from a dwemer ruin it would be just as edible as when it was first baked/forged. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I recently learned something cool about the Dark Brotherhood quests Innocence Lost and Mourning Never Comes, you can pre-murder the targets and get special dialog if you do. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

A fire dragon breathes fire, a frost dragon breathes frost so shouldn't a blood dragon... ?

Folsworn are evil vermin and really freaking stupid and should be eradicated from Tamriel. One of Ulfric's two redeeming qualities is that he kicked and shouted their asses before Mr Puffles arrived in Skyrim. The other is that he sends his moronic stormcloaks out on patrol to kill thalmor patrols.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Grizzwold posted:

I've never NOT had a dragon show up at Karthspire during that quest, honestly. It's fun to watch them gently caress each other up if you have a good sneak skill.
It's a triggered event. :v: Watching dragons burn bandits is hilarious yes. A shame the drat things have such bad adhd though and will randomly fly off to roast a mudcrab on the other side of the mountain for no reason making the fight just drag on. :argh:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

how about enjoying this wonderful and interesting video made while we wait for Mr Puffles to come down from his sugar rush or whatever?

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 14, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mr Puffles once got tricked by three goats when he tried to extort them when crossing a bridge.

You can also shout at rains of fire to stop. Such as in the beginning of the game when Alduin shows up and ruins your execution. If you had the shout at that point of course.

UZworm posted:

I honestly don't know if this is the best video in the LP or the worst video in the LP.

UZworm posted:

I sing multiple songs from Mr. Puffles' hit album, Jora (one on purpose!).

UZworm posted:

I honestly know this is the best video in the LP
:allears:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Don't kill Paarthwhatshisname. Kill the blades instead. drat obnoxious jerks.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Twiggymouse posted:

Just don't talk to him.
Yes. We can gag him with the mother off all hairballs soaked in skooma but let's keep him alive.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Ancient wisdom carved into rock deep underground after a surprisingly linear cave. If you do the questline to uncover the mystery you get a hundred septims.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is there even a book like that? I really hope not.

UZworm posted:

Don't watch this one if you have anything resembling sensibilities.
No worries there.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There's one quest where you are "sneaking" with some useless npc's and one of them comments on how powerful and deadly the centurions are and you can plink it with an arrow to make it fight the nearby falmer. It dies pretty much instantly doing no real damage because falmer are powered by bullshit modifiers towards health and damage.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maridia's quest is indeed terrible (or however you spell her name). Same linear corridors as usual but all enemies are stuck at level 1 and die in one hit except for the last guy who is a higher-level-than-you mage with a ton of mana and area spells. It also has annoying unskippable dialog with someone who just goes on for way too long, as usual.

Nice that you saved the amazing ride to the doorstep of Sovngarde for the next video. :v:

Poil fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 28, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Lydia is terrible, why are you bringing her? Always bring awesome :drac:waifu instead.

Also why are you complaining as a dunmer, you have resistance against his fireballs (if he decides to cast those instead of ice storm). :colbert:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's my reaction when I see that awful beacon too. Just nope and leave it. Some other sucker can deal with that crap.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ScreamingLlama posted:

1. Because Avunsea (my Dunmer) hasn't met her yet. Also Serana is stuck physically and emotionally a teenager after she not-entirely-consensually had vampirism screwed into her; she is not yours, my, or anyone else's goddamn waifu. :colbert: I'm pretty sure Bethesda made her unmarriageable for exactly that reason.* I did Meridia's quest early in the game. while I was mopping up side quests from Whiterun because sidequests are my jam and stop looking at me like that.

2. HE NEVER EVER loving USES ANYTHING OTHER THAN ICE SPELLS. THAT'S WHY I'M COMPLAINING, YOU NINCOMPOOP.

*if a 'Dragonborn and Serana, sitting in a tree' mod exists (and my experience with modding communities tells me it probably does), does it use dummied out dialogue recorded just for modders, like the dying children thing? If it does, I feel so, so sorry for Laura Bailey right now.
1. Fair enough. I started calling her a waifu to annoy people on youtube comments and it just sort of became a habit. But my dragonborn is probably almost as screwed up as her so can we travel across Skyrim killing everything and raising their bodies in a happy dysfunctional manner. Spot an old tomb haunted by vengeful dead? Loot it. A dragon swoops down? Hit it in the face with a sledgehammer until it dies and eat it's soul. Overhear someone wanting to eat carrots? Trek across the lands and head deep inside an underground cave system to return with a moldy old carrot and demand a hundred septims for it. There's a cursed demonic artifact lying around? Yoink! A crazy old hermit living way out in the ice fields says he wants blood from all the different kinds of elves? Nothing for it but to grab a big knife and go murdering.

Anyway. I get your point.

2. He's killed me with fire spells. :saddowns: Could be from SPERG maybe? :supaburn:

*There is dialog in the game files and the mod(s) use that. It's not terrible, by Skyrim standards. At least it's not long winded.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ScreamingLlama posted:

Mercurio is neither vampire nor waifu, so no.
Speaking of mods.

Eh, there's nothing :gonk: about the lines.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dragonrend, a powerful shout that comes from the pure hatred of dragons and is said to force dragons to know what it's like to be mortal. What it actually does is "Excuse me, would you please land for a moment where it's convenient for you?"

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mr Puffles, it's daft to build a house in the swamp.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The ending is so dull, and full of endless pretentious babbling. Those worthless "heroes" of old just sitting on their asses doing nothing about all of their kin being eaten outside. But at least Tsun gets cranky if you tell him you're going to enter by right of the Nightmother, not dere at all. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Mr Puffles goes on an egg hunt in the vampire coop.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's not actually a bad idea. Now if only the game didn't encourage you to do the civil war before the main quest so fiercely you could actually benefit from it. Taking forts while the stormcloaks get repeatably zapped by lightning is a lot more smooth.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

UZworm posted:

It, along with about 80% of my other earthly possessions at the time, was left in a draugr tomb and never returned to me.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm eagerly awaiting the return of the adventures of Mr Puffles. Quivering with... anticipation. :D

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Did you make Mercurio the steward of your house?

The vampire drain spell doesn't actually mention blood so it might just be health. Especially if it works on undead, constructs and mudcrabs. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I vote against vampire Mr Puffles, bleh. :v:

The spell Isran uses is a restoration aura that deals negligible damage to nearby undead. You can buy it from one of the Dawnguard npc's, probably the optional one who also sells a decent anti undead area damage spell.

Poil fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 4, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Grizzwold posted:

Dawnguard is probably my least favorite DLC for Skyrim. Vampires just don't seem to me like they should register on the threat-o-meter anywhere close to Literal Dragon Armageddon. Plus the enemies are a pain in the rear end and I hate most of the areas it sends you to (the soul cairn in particular can go gently caress itself).
Considering what their plan is, stopping them is pretty drat close to as important as stopping the dragonapocalypse. :drac:

At least it's open, has unique enemies and is smaller than it seems. Unlike those loving awful falmer caves you have to suffer through afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Depends on whether or not a regular vampire's head burns if they have hair.

• Locked thread