Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Be vaguely chinese roman and go Imperial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm really racking my brain for memorable followers. The only one that even remotely comes to mind is vampire teenage chick, solely due to how she has more of a personality than anyone else.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Marcurio

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Poil posted:

Everytime I've tried Lydia she's been useless. She goes down quickly and with a whimpy one hander she's not very effective at dealing damage either. :shrug:

And she has a great tendency to jump in and take one for the enemies whenever I'm flinging around magic.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

FicusArt posted:

Become Etherial also makes you completely invincible, and makes it so nothing you do drains stamina

Yeah but you also can't do damage during it either if I recall right. And if you're not killing stuff then what's the point?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

All things will happen in due time, for the universe moves as fast as Mr. Puffles. CHIM or some poo poo.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Hey UZWorm, when are you releasing your smooth jazz mod for Skyrim?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

You mean his asinine quest? Nah, gently caress that guy.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Good luck and take your time, UZWorm.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fun fact, first time I got to this segment, I somehow managed to get my arrow to point me to Paarthurnax without first going through the greybeards. With a mild bit of cold resistance, I was able to get up the mountain without any damage and occasionally stumbling, only to be rewarded with an invincible dragon that I couldn't kill.

Glad to have your angelic voice back, UZWorm.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 12, 2016

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Don't kill him. That dude is like the one reasonable individual in all of Skyrim.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Dr.Smasher posted:

I never did get Dawnguard so this abbreviated version should be fun

Sadly, you won't hear the main thing it brings to the game over Highwang's complaining, lots and lots of moaning about teenage vampire pains.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm one of those demented individuals that found the Soul Cairn pretty cozy. 10/10, would wander purple lightning abyss again.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Oh man, if this is the worst thing you've ever done, UZ, I can't wait to see worse. :allears:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Dr.Smasher posted:

Try his epic quest through Rocky & Bullwinkle on NES.

Oh god no, already saw that on GDQ, no game has had a soundtrack so perfectly crafted to give me a headache and make me nauseous faster than a runner can finish it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

All I really remember of this area is just using the Midas Haste spell and zipping on through after a little bit of walking around since as nice as it looked, it was incredibly empty and I was getting tired of the DLC at that point.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Poil posted:

There are lots of frost giants in the Forgotten Vale and they all drop magical egg-shaped crystals you can use to teleport around the vale from a special altar thing. So that means you have to find the altar, find all the hidden giants and then find all the treasure in the "secret" areas you now have access too. This is a perfect combination with how easy it is to get burned out on this dlc by this point and you just want to get through the awful falmer slog.

Speaking of falmer. The whole place is made up of narrow cliff paths with no railings, narrow bridges with no railings and lots of archers. The race who built the crude constructions are running all over the place and shooting arrows at you are supposed to be blind.

Oh yeah, and that snow elf vampire was apparently so powerful he could write a prophecy onto three elder scrolls by himself.

I'm impressed you remember this much about the DLC, everything through the video until the snow elf dude I just totally forgot existed.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Poil posted:

Hmmm, I don't know if there's a mod for her mother and I'm not too keen on doing a search for it.

I googled it, you can just make her mother a follower, the mod has nothing about marriage in the description.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

White Coke posted:

You'd think proper Nords would just murder their family members through honorable combat.

Nah, they'd rather just stand around and passive aggressively whine about them until an adventurer comes along. Every. Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yay, Skyrim is now collectively a better place with the worst person dead.

• Locked thread