Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Charlie Davies is...
Human Garbage
Human Trash
The worst US striker not named Jozy
A lovely chap
View Results

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
:fork::fork::fork:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Parity sure is great huh? From MLS Cup champs to dumpster fire in a few months

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Yep.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Way to turn off guys :bravo:

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
good thing we waited until the 70th minute to bring that guy on

hope there's a good reason for it!

edit: it's like England sticking Kane on set piece duty. It's like... I'm sure there was some high level reason for it but somewhere along the line the waterboy needed to just step in and be like "hey, uhhh you might be overthinking this, that dude is better sitting in the box loving poo poo up"

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Way to turn off guys :bravo:

Yeah, that goal was 95% the Sounders just forgetting there was a minute left in the game.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
That was good. Christian Roldan is getting pretty drat awesome this season. Also Melano seems to really suck, but I don't watch all of Portland's games.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Parity sure is great huh? From MLS Cup champs to dumpster fire in a few months

And yet "dumpster fire" would be a generous way of describing the season for the other team in that final match.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Melano is not a fan favorite.

Good game Seattle, you definitely deserved those 3 points.

Fortunately, we are still 2 points up on the table and thanks to Adi's goal we should still have the lead in the Cascadia Cup standings.

whypick1 posted:

And yet "dumpster fire" would be a generous way of describing the season for the other team in that final match.

And also Seattle prior to firing Sigi. Plus, I don't think sitting in the last playoff spot in the West is really "dumpster fire", but Shammy gonna Shammy.

highme fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 22, 2016

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

highme posted:

Melano is not a fan favorite.

Good game Seattle, you definitely deserved those 3 points.

Fortunately, we are still 2 points up on the table and thanks to Adi's goal we should still have the lead in the Cascadia Cup standings.

And also Seattle prior to firing Sigi. Plus, I don't think sitting in the last playoff spot in the West is really "dumpster fire", but Shammy gonna Shammy.

Two games in hand. See you in a week. :getin:

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Two games in hand. See you in a week. :getin:

You coming down?

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
A good thing happened. I really do think it may be a sign that Sigi had created a toxic, fearful atmosphere to his desperation, but we'll see. No matter what, I've got some hopes for next year.

:unsmith:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

highme posted:

You coming down?

God I wish I could, but I A. live in the DC area these days and B. will be driving somewhere near South Dakota on gameday. Hope I can still at least tune in, come to think of it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC takes a B team to Montreal, who knows why, who would travel to watch a team that thinks they can punt three points against a playoff rival at the end of the season?

What are you saving it for?

Why do we pretend that this season matters?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Along those same lines, Seattle fielding a B-team. Dempsey and Marshall stayed in Seattle and loving Valdez is starting up top.

Houston, if you lose this, just forfeit the rest of your games (unless they're against Portland)

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Nyarko flops for his life, Neagle converts a penalty against the run of play, nothing makes sense and I wish I rooted for someone else.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I saw that Ricketts score for Toronto, and I was wondering when he started playing for them, and how the hell Donovan had scored. But I guess it's some other Ricketts, not old man Donovan.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Chicago-LA is boring as poo poo so far. At least we're not losing.

E: man, LA has a lot of former Fire players.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Flaco is back!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

So apparently no one showed up in Houston tonight

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

well, never mind about the not losing part

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

oh hey it's 1-1 :toot:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Really janky play so far. Calm down, y'all.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Why do I watch this useless god drat team? Bill Hamid is the only thing keeping this team from tots embarrassment. Shameful play in defense.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

drat, the keeper nearly got that PK. Ah well, 2-1 Fire!

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

This Houston-Seattle game is going to be a slog, and decided by a luck box goal. The most MLS game, assuming there's an obviously wrong reffing decision.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Uhhhhhh

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

joshtothemaxx posted:

Why do I watch this useless god drat team? Bill Hamid is the only thing keeping this team from tots embarrassment. Shameful play in defense.

The ingrained need to disinterestedly putter around near your own goal as a defender is an Olsen trademark

He might be the worst coach I've ever seen

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
1-1 is your final and that probably says more about Montreal in free fall than DC, known quantity.

We looked more inspired under Chad Ashton and that should worry us all.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Ugh, that was not a good place to give a free kick, Valdez.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

I'm honestly a little worried that Houston is going to do a better job conserving their energy.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

foobardog posted:

I'm honestly a little worried that Houston is going to do a better job conserving their energy.

They absolutely are going to be much better in the second half. Seattle is running around like crazy, but not getting anything done with all that expended energy.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Man was not meant to play soccer in Houston during the summer.

Also, LOL this is going to be every game in Qatar.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

SeaTard posted:

They absolutely are going to be much better in the second half. Seattle is running around like crazy, but not getting anything done with all that expended energy.

Yeah, all the chances so far have been garbage, but Houston's a little less. If Clark was on target, and Frei much worse, you could have seen a goal. You still might.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

The MLS... It begins.

E: Water break! Players drenched in sweat! Advertising!

foobardog fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 25, 2016

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
This Seattle - Houston game might as well be white noise and static for 90 minutes.

I hope to hell that Morris subs in around 60 and shakes things up.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Schmetzer is your friend's father who coached your soccer team as a kid.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

MechaFrogzilla posted:

This Seattle - Houston game might as well be white noise and static for 90 minutes.

I hope to hell that Morris subs in around 60 and shakes things up.

Nah, save Morris for Sunday, honestly. Put in Gomez and Torres and some one else who needs some practice.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Look upon this and despair:

https://twitter.com/MLSAnalyst/status/768628491570982912

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

foobardog posted:

Nah, save Morris for Sunday, honestly. Put in Gomez and Torres and some one else who needs some practice.

He's 23, he can play 30 minutes and be fine for Sunday. His pace could net us points here, these teams are both B squads and will be gassed by 60.

• Locked thread