Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Rather than doing a traditional dyasty league, I wanted to spin one up that plays differently than other leagues I am in. Inspired largely by the Scott Fish Bowl, I came up with this 12 man SuperFlex monstronsity. Auction draft, blind bidding waivers, no defense/kickers, large starting lineups with lots of flex spots, whats not to like?

Feel free to ask for clarification on anything that may not have been covered well.

League Page:
http://www79.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/64289

Draft:
The startup draft will be an action draft. Each team will get $400 to bid on and purchase the players they want. Rookie drafts from future seasons will be a traditional draft where the order is determined by record (worst to first).

Waivers:
Blind bidding system period each week. After that period players are considered free agents and can be free picked up in a first come first serve manner.

Scoring System:
Full ppr for RB/WR
1.5 ppr for TE
.2 points per carry
everything else is pretty standard.

Roster Size:
26 Roster spots w/ 3 IR spots to help with those pesky injuries. Each year we have a 4 round rookie draft, after which teams will have to cut down to 26 players again.

Starting Lineups:
1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
1 Superflex
3 RB/WR/TE Flex

that means everyone is starting 11 players.

Playoffs:
3 division winners by record
WC determined by most points scored by a non division winning team.

Prizes:
I'm thinking ~$30 entry fee which after fees gives us about $310. Once the league fills we can decide how we want to distribute that amongst the top finishers.

Players:
1. papes
2. Cervixalot
3. Metapod
4. papes irl friend #1
5. papes irl friend #2
6. DeliciousMonster
7. Forever_Peace
8. Yoshifan823
9. Cervixalot's friend
10. Mr Sargent
11. Papes irl friend #3

Papes fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Aug 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I've joined too many new dynasty leagues this year, but this sounds fun. Sure why not.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

I've joined too many new dynasty leagues this year, but this sounds fun. Sure why not.

That's what I want to hear mate!

Another goon pmed me and 2 people I know might be interested. I'll update the OP later today.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I've done some recruiting and updated the OP. I'll do some more recruiting and try to have this bad boy filled up by next weekend.

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
I'm in and excited for an opportunity for my mistakes to haunt me for multiple seasons

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I've actually been giving it some thought and I think we might need to drop the roster spots to 24.
Each team could realistically only have 3-4 qbs and with 22 other spots to hammer the other 3 spots there would be pretty slim pickings for waivers. I feel like every team would try to bid their entire budget on the 3-4 Tim Hightowers that come from nowhere every year.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

DeliciousMonster posted:

I'm in and excited for an opportunity for my mistakes to haunt me for multiple seasons

Good luck!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'd say keep rosters where they are at. Especially with Superflex. 26 is a good size IMO.

Also, is this going to be a slow auction or all done in one night?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Pretty sure I have to throw my hat into any spreadsheet-themed leagues.

When's the draft?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I've been really really wanting to do a dynasty league so I'm considering this but I've never done an auction draft. How do they work and when will this one be? Draft date will probably be deciding factor of if I can join.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

If we have trouble finding a date that works for all, snake with trades enabled is always an option... Also, the betterfantasydraft.com site is cool.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Pretty sure I have to throw my hat into any spreadsheet-themed leagues.

When's the draft?

I figured with a draft that will take this long we would have to coordinate it once more people joined, so I intentionally did not set a date.

I think at this point we can start trying to decide a date. I'm free any day past 6pm central, and anytime on weekends this month.

I'm not familiar with a slow auction draft, how does that work? That could be an option if we can't decide on a date.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

I've been really really wanting to do a dynasty league so I'm considering this but I've never done an auction draft. How do they work and when will this one be? Draft date will probably be deciding factor of if I can join.

An action draft involves taking turns nominating a player. Once a player is nominated then we bid on them until the high bidder wins. This continued until teams fill out their roster or go broke.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

I figured with a draft that will take this long we would have to coordinate it once more people joined, so I intentionally did not set a date.

I think at this point we can start trying to decide a date. I'm free any day past 6pm central, and anytime on weekends this month.

I'm not familiar with a slow auction draft, how does that work? That could be an option if we can't decide on a date.

I believe slow auctions make it so each owner has to nominate one player per day, and if there are no bids on a player for 24 hours, the player is won and assigned to a team. I'm not sure how long they typically take start to finish, so we may be cutting it close to the season with that format. A live auction format may be better, but we dould do some more research.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
My best days are Friday the 19th after 6pm EST and Saturday the 20th also after 6pm, but I'm more flexible if we have to start earlier.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
A slow auction would not be a good idea

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

How are we doing on numbers? We may want to put another plug in the main ff thread as well as some other goon league threads any of us are in. I will cross-post a promo in the beer league thread if you like.

Edit: Cross-promo posted.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 12, 2016

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

We have 7 with possibly 8 depending on epi lepi.

How does the 21st work for everyone?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Papes posted:

We have 7 with possibly 8 depending on epi lepi.

How does the 21st work for everyone?

19th-21st and all Tuesday nights are the only non-work hours that don't work for me.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Set a date and I will draft

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

21st works for me

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

19th-21st and all Tuesday nights are the only non-work hours that don't work for me.

Alright, what about the weekend of the 3rd week of preseason (26-28)? Does anyone have an issue with the 27th?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Papes posted:

Alright, what about the weekend of the 3rd week of preseason (26-28)? Does anyone have an issue with the 27th?

I have another draft on the 28th, but I think I should be able to swing the 27th.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Papes posted:

I'm definitely out if that's the weekend, I will be out of town and won't be able to make the draft.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

27/28 works for me.

Might be time for a doodle.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Need help recruiting any league mates? We getting close to the magic 12?

And yes, seconding a Doodle poll!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

http://doodle.com/poll/ivbfdd6tf3eft5f4

Please select all times when you would be able to draft. The draft will probably take 2-3 hours to complete but plan for 3-4 to be on the safe side.

Cervixalot posted:

Need help recruiting any league mates? We getting close to the magic 12?

And yes, seconding a Doodle poll!

I think once we set a time all we will have to do is post in the main thread to get the other 4-5 people. If you know someone who would be interested though, by all means invite them. I only ask that they will remain active during the year.

Papes fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 16, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Papes posted:

http://doodle.com/poll/ivbfdd6tf3eft5f4

Please select all times when you would be able to draft. The draft will probably take 2-3 hours to complete but plan for 3-4 to be on the safe side.

Awesome, done.

Thanks for organizing.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Done as well. So far looking like a night next week might work best. I'm guessing this will last more like 3-4 hours based on my past experience with auctions.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This sounds like the overly complicated, spreadsheet-based league of my dreams. I'd love to join.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

This sounds like the overly complicated, spreadsheet-based league of my dreams. I'd love to join.

Awesome, would you mind filling out the poll posted earlier?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Papes posted:

Awesome, would you mind filling out the poll posted earlier?

Done!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

So does that make 9 of us? If so, sweet - but we need some more Doodle replies!

So far, it looks like 4 of us are good for next Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday the 2nd.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm good for all days. I'm too lazy to enter that in doodle

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I'm going to set the draft date today and get the league filled. Will update later today.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Ive talked to the people who didn't do the doodle poll and the draft date where the most players can make it is:

Wednesday, August 24th

Sorry Epi Lepi, I was trying to push for 9/2 but 2 guys who already paid up cannot do that time. If there is a way you could work it into the schedule or even set default values and let the cpu draft for you, we'd like to have you. If not I understand.

Papes fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 20, 2016

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

You mean August, right? So this coming Weds?

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Cervixalot posted:

You mean August, right? So this coming Weds?

Whoops...yeah. Was looking at labor day weekend stuff and had september on the mind.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Papes posted:

Ive talked to the people who didn't do the doodle poll and the draft date where the most players can make it is:

Wednesday, August 24th

Sorry Epi Lepi, I was trying to push for 9/2 but 2 guys who already paid up cannot do that time. If there is a way you could work it into the schedule or even set default values and let the cpu draft for you, we'd like to have you. If not I understand.

What time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

What time?

6:30 - 7pm central time. will probably take a few hours.

• Locked thread