Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

like id ratehr watch Aliens a million times more than Alien just because James Cameron doesnt treat the material deadpan serious
That's retarded and you don't know what you're talking about. They're both about equally good, for different reasons.

Fio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ehhhhh dont get me wrong i like alien but cmon its one of those movies you only watch like once or twice

like There Will Be Blood vs Boogie Nights

i could watch boogie nights every darn day even though both movies are great

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
A month or so ago they were showing Alien on AMC and I recorded it on my DVR because I hadn't seen it for like 30 years. It was a little slower than I remembered, but still good. Later I was showering and the cats decided to race all over the upstairs and I was sure it was an alien coming for me.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

then stop readin the darn thread ya dummy!!! HECK SPOILER ALERT !!!

Thanks, I'll stop now.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
This is an idiotic movie, op. You will just be angry at the end. You should cut your losses and quit now.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

ehhhhh dont get me wrong i like alien but cmon its one of those movies you only watch like once or twice
Nah you're still wrong. It's great. I mean, it's a sci-fi/horror movie, so obviously most of the horror part is gone after the first watching, the but all the sci-fi is still there and still just as good as ever.

Other than that they're mining raw resources from outside the solar system, which is not believable, and then it's from a solar system several stars removed, which is super not believable. But other than that, it's all solid.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ill seriously watch alien and aliens any time I'm bored

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

I never saw Prometheus cause I heard it was bad and THEN I found out about the premise.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Celluloid Sam posted:

ill seriously watch alien and aliens any time I'm bored

Hell yeah them and Shawshank are my go to if they're on AMC I'm watching em movies

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I really need to scan AMC more to see what they're showing, because I love having an old movie on my DVR for getting stoned and watching.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

did you know that there's a thing called bittorrent?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i liked the part where she gives herself an abortion

dk2m
May 6, 2009
its a bad movie, the part where hte cyborg man is looking around at the holograms towards the end was so bad with the cheesy music + 360 panning that i literally just stopped watching it.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Nathilus posted:

That's always been the plot though iirc. At the very least the xenomorphs have always been treated as a bioweapon even in the absence of their creators.

What has that got to do with discovery channel aliens-are-responsible-for-human-civilization crap? Where was anything like that in A1-2?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Prettz posted:

did you know that there's a thing called bittorrent?

Yeah I use it often but mostly for new stuff or shows on premium networks like HBO.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
op is it too late to suggest a good movie for you to watch

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the implication is that prometheus is a poo poo film

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

thathonkey posted:

op is it too late to suggest a good movie for you to watch
Alien, Aliens

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Prettz posted:

Alien, Aliens

No poo poo; I showed Alien to my girlfriend who at the age of 30 hadn't seen any of the films as she's usually really squeamish about scary movies and (despite her frustrated interjections of "Don't go down that scary hole and stare directly at that egg at close range, fuckwit! Aarg, why don't they just leave him out there he's clearly hosed!)" by the middle of it she was saying "Yup, we're definitely watching the second one", and then at the end of Aliens she was saying "Those were great, are there any more sequels or movies set in the same universe?" and then she asked me what was wrong because I'd started crying real hard but real quiet.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

At *least* Alien 3 ends the series on the correct note: everyone who has ever come into contact with the aliens dies. At least they got that right.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I just wanted to thank numberoneposter for warning me in a completely different thread not to read this thread.

Thanks bro, you really are a number one poster

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Prettz posted:

At *least* Alien 3 ends the series on the correct note: everyone who has ever come into contact with the aliens dies. At least they got that right.

I will give them the faintest praise in that the DVD release was at least a unremarkable-to-middling movie as opposed to the theatrical cut where among other things the queen bursts out of her as she's jumping into the molten steel and she breaks its neck on the way down what the gently caress.

But gently caress them forever for killing off Newt and Hicks and rendering the entire second film worthless.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Breetai posted:

I will give them the faintest praise in that the DVD release was at least a unremarkable-to-middling movie as opposed to the theatrical cut where among other things the queen bursts out of her as she's jumping into the molten steel and she breaks its neck on the way down what the gently caress.

But gently caress them forever for killing off Newt and Hicks and rendering the entire second film worthless.

good news for you, neill blomkamp is going to make his alien fan film where he brings back newt and hicks and ripley and they will all be old and it who cares.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

I saw it in imax 3d and it was loving great idc

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Wafflz posted:

I just wanted to thank numberoneposter for warning me in a completely different thread not to read this thread.

Thanks bro, you really are a number one poster
That never happened.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

psychokitty posted:

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Prometheus could have been much, much, much worse.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Prettz posted:

That never happened.

numberoneposter posted:

hey buddy make sure you steer clear of the prometheus thread buddy, LOTS OF SPOILERS GOING ON, wouldnt want to ruin the movie for ya

just lookin out for ya bud

cheers bud

:owned:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

I like that everyone is supposed 2 be scared of the big white guy lol ya real subtle

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

dog buttz posted:

Prometheus could have been much, much, much worse.

The fact that it has such achingly beautiful production design, such a wonderful cast, and a solid concept (even if "Chariots of the Gods" is loving old hat). That's what makes people so pissed when people go "well I liked it you can't expect more."

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
me reading this thread

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
I like Prometheus because any time you mention it, nerds start completely sperging out and posting huge page long rants about how it's terrible and you're wrong to like it and that Ridley Scott actively betrayed ~the fans~ and lied to them.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I like Prometheus because any time you mention it, nerds start completely sperging out and posting huge page long rants about how it's terrible and you're wrong to like it and that Ridley Scott actively betrayed ~the fans~ and lied to them.

I think that was ops intent

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Holy poo poo, I just read the plot summary. Apparently I had blocked it out of my brain because it is so stupid and makes no sense. gently caress this movie.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

here let me drop on u a knowledge bomb

aliens was bad alien 3 and prometheus were good

we dont talk aobut alien 4 tho

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ridley scott made alien, blade runner, legend, and prometheus i mean wtf

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

paul_soccer10 posted:

Welcome to my very long thread

Michelleto just got his face destroyed and the two good human characters just had sex

Things are abotu to get good. Also I think you mean one good human character and her rear end in a top hat husband. Shoulda been more nice to David IMO.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

psychokitty posted:

I liked it too.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Microwaves Mom posted:

Things are abotu to get good. Also I think you mean one good human character and her rear end in a top hat husband. Shoulda been more nice to David IMO.

no i meant charlize and idris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

paul_soccer10 posted:

no i meant charlize and idris

Oh. Yeah.

Also I take it by now you got to the penis face snake.

• Locked thread