Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Active killer guy kills again for the 9th time

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/phoenix-serial-killer-struck-a-ninth-time-police-say/ar-BBvdXxk?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=iehp

quote:

Aug. 4, 2016

Police hunting a serial killer in Phoenix, Arizona, thought his string of crimes had ended in mid-June when he ambushed and fatally shot two women and a 12-year-old girl in their driveway.

But investigators announced Wednesday that they have added a ninth shooting to the pattern — a July 11 incident in which the gunman fired at a man and a 4-year-old boy sitting in a car. Neither was injured.

The new incident means that the shooter tried to kill again even after police had put the city on alert.

"The threat is still alive," Phoenix Police Sgt. Jonathan Howard said on Friday.

"We don't want to see anybody else get hurt. We want to make an arrest and stop this," he added. "We're fortunate in this new incident that nobody was injured."

But, he added, "if there can be a benefit to something like this, it's that we did obtain additional evidence."

Based on witness statements, detectives now believe the suspect has access to several cars — one appears to be a white Cadillac or Lincoln, and the other is a late '90s or early 2000s 5 series BMW.

Howard said investigators have looked into whether the gunman works as a mechanic or on a used car lot. The motive for the shootings remains as elusive as his name.

Although police have added several shootings to the pattern since it was originally announced, Howard said they are "pretty confident" they now have uncovered all the reported incidents.

In each case, the victims were attacked near their car or home, in the evening or very early morning hours, in the working-class Maryvale section of Phoenix.

Law-enforcement sources say there is physical evidence tying the shootings together.

The earlier shootings include:

A 16-year-old boy wounded while walking in the street at 11:30 p.m. on March 17
A 21-year-old male shot standing near his car on the street at 11:30 p.m. on March 18
Diego Verdugo-Sanchez, 21, killed April 1 while visiting his pregnant fiancée's family
Krystal Annette White, 55, found dead of a gunshot on April 19
Horacio Pena, 32, fatally shot June 3 after returning home from his job at a group home
Manuel Castro Garcia, 19, murdered outside his home on June 10
Stefanie Ellis, 33, her 12-year-old daughter Maleah and friend Angela Linner, 31, killed outside their home on June 12
An unoccupied car shot up at 2:35 a.m. on June 12.

Phoenix, Arizona goons stay safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
what a jerk

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hey phoenix serial killer please head to Nassau and kill Robert Casio

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga
how do they know it's the same dude

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
You have to kill a phoenix so many times before it dies forever, anyone who manages to slay one would be a serial killer, OP.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Gross Dude posted:

You have to kill a phoenix so many times before it dies forever, anyone who manages to slay one would be a serial killer, OP.

hahaha

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
He looks like a background character from King of The Hill

Truck Stop Stall
Jul 11, 2006

old fashioned technique. instead of the 10/10 but over in an hour shooting spree and suicide he's going for the 7/10 but prolonged serial killing. he must be fiscally responsible.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
phonenix

welcome to first grade little timmy! retard class is over there

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

thunderchief posted:

how do they know it's the same dude

Serial killers have an M.O. His is pretty lame: shooting random people who are standing outside of their homes, or sitting in their cars at night
'
There have been witnesses to these crimes that helped make create the sketch. Thin white or latino man under 5'10

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
99% sure he is related to one of the victims, and he is just killing all the other ones to make it look like there's a random shooter out there making it harder to tie him to the people that he killed.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

kill joe arpaio, tia

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

cuck cuck im gay posted:

99% sure he is related to one of the victims, and he is just killing all the other ones to make it look like there's a random shooter out there making it harder to tie him to the people that he killed.

why are you doing this??

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

i like that posted:

Serial killers have an M.O. His is pretty lame: shooting random people who are standing outside of their homes, or sitting in their cars at night
'

Seriously. Back in my day being a serial killer took girt and gumption. THey had to befriend you, lure you away, do the work by hand and leave cryptic clues for the police. Now a days serial killers are just doing drive by shootings. Millennials ruin everything

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

They should kill himn the American Spirit

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

why are you doing this??

Lol
It's what the DC sniper was all about.

Wanted his wife dead, so he shot a bunch of random people with her in the middle so he wouldn't be linked to it

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
So is this guy only shooting black and Latino people? Are we sure that it's not just... the POLICE. :smug:

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

cuck cuck im gay posted:

quote:

CNN said police can not find any link among the victims of the man, who uses a semi-automatic handgun to commit the crimes.

The victims are Diego Verdugo-Sanchez, Krystal Annette White, Horacio de Jesus Pena, Manuel Castro Garcia, Maleah Ellis, Angela Linner, and Stefanie Ellis...

A Go Fund Me site for Maleah Ellis’ family says, “although only at the tender age of 12, she was able to touch the lives of so many with her contagious smile, cheerful personality and unique ‘Maleah’ attitude.”

The killer appears to be targeting Hispanic and African-American victims, but they range in age from 12 to 55, says CBS 5 in Arizona. The first victim, a 16-year-old boy, was shot on March 17 but survived, said KTVK.

The victims were shot between 9 p.m. and 3 a.m.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Vastarien posted:

So is this guy only shooting black and Latino people? Are we sure that it's not just... the POLICE. :smug:

that band sucked

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Robert stack really fell off jeez.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vastarien posted:

:vince:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
What is a "Maleah" attitude?

also how the gently caress are you supposed to say that

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

oh then i guess arpaio's gonna sit on his rear end and do nothing then. he seems to take that attitude towards much of law enforcement that isn't "create concentration camps for latinos"

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Johnny Aztec posted:

What is a "Maleah" attitude?

also how the gently caress are you supposed to say that

It is the attitude completely unique to the twelve year old girl 'Maleah' for whom it was originally named.

As for the second question, god help me I don't know...

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

why does anyone live in phoenix?

I mean really

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Refractory Colon posted:

why does anyone live in phoenix?

I mean really
dry heat is more bearable than the swampy, muggy heat of NYC and the rest of the northeast. that's all i got, there's no culture there. it's the most artificial sun belt city in a region filled with them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i thought whites shot at latino families all the time in arizona

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Everyone talks poo poo about dry heat vs humid heat and let me tell you. I go to Phoenix every summer and I would take a humid 90 over 107 at 9pm anyday.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Joe Arpio unironically needs to die in order for humanity to continue forward

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
So does he have a cool nickname yet? He looks like boomhauer. The Mad boomhaurer?

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
$50,000 award for any information leading to his arrest
Contact Phoenix Police Department Violent Crimes Bureau at 602-261-6141 or Silent Witness at 480 W-I-T-N-E-S-S.

More info, links to Facebook: https://t.co/2G61WWYFXO

Latino goons and Jon Pop stay safe

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
hes doing anyone that lives in phoenix a big favor

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Truck Stop Stall posted:

old fashioned technique. instead of the 10/10 but over in an hour shooting spree and suicide he's going for the 7/10 but prolonged serial killing. he must be fiscally responsible.

well he's a baller who owns a BMW and a caddy so yeah, duh

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
They don't even know if he's Latino or white, good fuckin luck.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Wickerman posted:

Everyone talks poo poo about dry heat vs humid heat and let me tell you. I go to Phoenix every summer and I would take a humid 90 over 107 at 9pm anyday.
i take it that you've never been on an NYC subway platform in the summer. if hell is real it would feel like that all the time

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

What if his name was Dexter?

e: and then people were like "Yeah, Dexter, I loved that show until season #," and you were like "NO fuckboi, the small man in Phoenix who actually killed people, don't you know the trending news gosh."

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 7, 2016

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

neat

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!

Y-Hat posted:

i take it that you've never been on an NYC subway platform in the summer. if hell is real it would feel like that all the time

I was actually in NYC mid-July. It was very hot down in the tunnels. But see, you're not understanding that in AZ the sun cooks you from above and below.

That 90 degree humid weather can't make the black top as hot as a 120 Arizona day. And concrete or sand? Hot enough to scald your feet, from experience. And exerting yourself for longer than an hour in it? Might as well buy a coffin.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
also the serial killer looks like a Hispanic Johnny Manziel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It should be legal to kill anyone that lives in Arizona.

• Locked thread