Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

its roast pork tenderloin with carrot romesco, i found the recipe online its really good. I didnt use the pine nuts in the romesco like i was supposed to because I was like $6 for these lil fucks lol get up outta here man, and then I used arugula instead of mustard greens cause thats what they had at the market. its really good! (:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Good job, nooner

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Good job, nooner

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

acceptable

photo blurriness: unacceptable

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

tonight i made cheesy fajitas stuffed (and smothered :wth:) chicken and fresh guac. it turns out 3 avocados makes a fuuuuuck ton of guac lol well I dont mind! sorry the picture doesnt look very good but it was pretty dang good!

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Good job, nooner

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It looks like you vomited up your dinner from yesterday onto a plate and ate it again actually.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It looks like you vomited up your dinner from yesterday onto a plate and ate it again actually.

lol yeah dude I just swallowed a buncha chips whole and then puked them up whole again too lol :rolleyes:

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

yes, this is a good job that I would eat, and your camera work is much better this time

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Good job, nooner

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Nooner posted:

lol yeah dude I just swallowed a buncha chips whole and then puked them up whole again too lol :rolleyes:

hosed up if true.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nooner posted:

That's pretty talented.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Good job, nooner

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I made Swedish Meatballs tonight! (:

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Good job, nooner

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I dunno if this thread is ironic or what but that does look pretty good

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Ciaphas posted:

I dunno if this thread is ironic or what but that does look pretty good

Why would it be ironic? I've been working really hard on learning to cook well and a wider range, its a ton of fun and I like to share what I made with other people who like to cook (:

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

he's not wrong, I remember when he started posting about food and it wasn't great

good job nooner

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Good jobs Nooner, I've unblocked you. I'm glad something positive came out of that little invasion.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Good job, nooner

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Nooner posted:

I made Swedish Meatballs tonight! (:

gonna need a recipe here, dawg

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Great cooking, Nooner.

I'm really proud of how far you've come.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

What are the green bits in the pinkish-white goop

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Aesculus posted:

What are the green bits in the pinkish-white goop

probably all the haters being green with envy

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
whoa man! First time I've gotten to post in like 2 1/2 days cause I got in trouble real bad so here is a DOUBLE POST!!!!!

this was picadillo cubano, very very good and easy to make, the left overs taste great too!

this is porkchop with this Vietnamese marinade/glaze and ginger/lime/chili asperagus and onions. It was also good but I'd cut waaaay back on the fish sauce next time, the marinade/glaze called for a 1/4 cup of it and that is a lotttttt it was kinda overpowering, but not bad.

the asparagus was fuggin killer though, I've started keeping a thing of ginger in my freeze and just pull it out and grate it with a cheese grater so nice fresh ginger all the time!

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Nice slop, nooner

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
so ive been on probation a whole bunch because of bad posting/fyad not liking me I guess so I have more dinners I made to post!

here is some beef chuck that I made with carrots and onion and celery sooooo good, slow cooked it in the oven for like 5 hours i think cause I dont have a smoker (wouldnt fit on my balcony even if I did!!)

and hten last night

I made lemon ginger tilapia with garlic/chili/ginger asparagus! I got a big thing of fresh ginger so i went kinda apeshit with it and put a ton in both things but I love ginger so whateva it was a great dinner

then tonight:

I grilled some steak with some artichoke and a piece of sourdough that I dunked in the olive oil/garlic/lemon juice i was justing to marinade the artichoke. It looks like a lot of food and it was -- in the words of Homer Simpson "I can't believe I ate the whole thing"

Okay so thats the last couple of things I've cooked. Cooking is fun I like trying new things, I'm going to try THIS next I think:

http://chefsavvy.com/recipes/korean-grilled-chicken/

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

good job nooner

next time you put carrots in your crockpot though, leave them in big chunks. Like, have to cut them to get them in your mouth big. Then it won't look like barf on a plate! (and it will be less likely to be baby food mush)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Crusty Nutsack posted:

good job nooner

next time you put carrots in your crockpot though, leave them in big chunks. Like, have to cut them to get them in your mouth big. Then it won't look like barf on a plate! (and it will be less likely to be baby food mush)

Okay so the recipe said to dice them with the onion and celery and then put them over the roast with the roast juice and broth... but I was kinda thinking that crock pot might be a better idea, and that yeah it probably would have been better, but i didnt want to make waves and turn out with gross dinner so i just followed the recipe exactly. Thank you for the advice (:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Nice slop nooner

next time you put carrots in your crockpot, don't add them until the last ~30 minutes of cooking.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

mindphlux posted:

Nice slop nooner

next time you put carrots in your crockpot, don't add them until the last ~30 minutes of cooking.

ya that is what Crusty Nutsack said, please read the thread or I will have to report for "trolling"

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Nooner posted:

ya that is what Crusty Nutsack said, please read the thread or I will have to report for "trolling"

Well no, that's just another way of going about it. I didn't find my carrots mushy the few times I've used the crockpot for pot roast, though. Soft, yes, but still holds its shape.

Also next time you want to up your pot roast game and don't want to care about carrot mush, use this recipe, it's clutch: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/company-pot-roast-recipe.html

Oh oh and "crock pot would be a better idea" is almost never the case. The only times it's better than roasting or whatever is soaking beans, making apple butter or stock or something.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
ya blew it, nooner.

if i may offer a photog tip: try to get lower-angle shots, like more from the side than the top. Natural light from a window or whatever will also improve your pics.

But yeah dogg good progress on learning to cook poo poo, well done.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Nooner what are you cooking on the lords day September 11th

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I don't know yet debating going to the market to get some steak cause USA USA USA or just ordering out cause I'm lazy and want to get drunk and watch football

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

good job nooner, although next time you might want to put the carrots in towards the end.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
last night I made some tritip with mushrooms in redwine sauce and loaded mashed potatoes and broccoli!

tonight I made whiteboi bulgolgi!

It was sooo good I cant wait to eat it again for lunch tomorrow!!

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Looks good! Your bulgogi brings back memories of my Filipino friend cooking up beef and rice back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I just bought a wok!

tonight I made Pork Belly with Broccoli and Bok Choy.

for the sauce i used soy sauce, fish oil, garlic chili, oyster sauce, and a bunch of grated ginger. Pretty dang good.

What is the best oil to use when youre cooking with a wok? I just used vegetable oil, but I am guessing someone here will know somethign better for when you are trying to cook on really high heat

• Locked thread