Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
The Tiger Who Roars His Defiance

The Tiger, staring in his origin story...The Lost Treasure of Imoga Island!

Imoga Island had long been free of the horrors that had visited most other isles of the Southwest. Between the isle's innocuous look and it's fierce protectors, lead by a man claiming to be a former member of the Immaculate Order, life in Imoga was simplistic. Or, that is, until the dread pirate, Ten-Dead Shark, came! The man who would be The Tiger was, then, merely just another warrior, training hard when he had to, relaxing hard when he didn't have to. When Ten-Dead Shark took the villagers hostage, he lay his weapons down and was taken alive in shame to spare their lives.

Ten-Dead Shark came to the otherwise worthless island with not just a plan, but an obsession - for he had spent his life searching after a long lost treasure of the First Age! Here, he believed - no, knew! - he would find it. He just needed workers - and, with the village held by blade and chain, those warriors, still lead by their former monk, volunteered for the job. The man who would be The Tiger was amongst their number - and indeed, volunteered to take the lead. When an ancient temple in forbidden jungles was found it was he who stood first to venture in and find the treasure - and it was he who could not shake fearful feelings of familiarity with the temple.

He would not be the man who would become The Tiger Who Roars His Defiance for much longer. He entered the jungle, surrounded by pirates, sea-dogs, and buccaneers, a mortal. He emerged from the jungle alone, sword in hand, golden.

Imoga Island knew the words of the Immaculate Order. They knew the word "Anathema." But The Tiger was from them, and was one of them, and had saved them. The Tiger knew they struggled with the decision - and knew in his heart that they would not kill him or give him up, and that the Immaculate Order would have to come and burn the entire village to take him. And so he decided to spare them, and left. He told few; one of the girls of the village he had started to grow serious about, the elderly village leader, and his sifu, the former monk who seemed to never age. The latter decided to go with him, surprisingly - The Tiger was worried they would if anything have to fight! - claiming he was a former monk and did not hold himself to all teachings of the Order any longer, and that The Tiger would need someone older to keep him out of trouble.

And so The Tiger Who Roars His Defiance left Imoga Island to become a pirate. Armed with a sword that had always been his, blessed armor taken from Ten-Dead Shark, a sense of pride, a lust for freedom, and a burning need to show the world that good could still stand, h searched for those his sifu, Domino Twice-Hanged, had told him about. For there are others golden from the sun - and they will need a sword.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Aug 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Sparrow
In some ways, not so different. Our upbringings were of course very different, but I think we've come to similar positions. The 'customs' of her island are disgusting; sifu tried to warn me about the cruelty in the world beyond my island, but encountering it face to face is something else entirely. Still, we get along - it helps, I think, that I don't hold her past against her like some others here do. It also helps that sifu and Auntie get along so well - especially when they break out that disgusting alcohol and that pipe that they're only allowed to smoke outside after what happened last time with the smell. She's also an excellent sparring partner.

Dragon's Breath
To be honest, I feel like I barely know her. I've never heard of half - no, MOST of the places she's spoken of! The sort of things she does with those firewands are really impressive though!

Anton McMartin
I don't trust him. Sifu doesn't either. He's strange, mutters to himself, never even tries to befriend others. He's creepy, and I think he likes it that way. Worst, I think I've heard some of the things he mutters to himself, and I think there's a line between justice and revenge. When I took on my mark and became Exalted, I knew everything I heard about the "Anathema" was false, but when I look at him, suddenly, I'm not so sure.

Praxa
I've been told the Solars once ruled with peace and justice, a golden age of prosperity. I've been told that the rule of man now is one of pain and torment, slavery and decadence. Certainly, we should rule again. Right? But then, I've heard other stories of the First Age, warnings from my sifu. I hope he knows when he is out of order.

Jiggins
He seems the likeable type. His skill with that hooked blade of his is awfully impressive - I've never even seen weapons like that before! Or animals like his crane. Do you...do you think I can pet it?

• Locked thread