Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"Unmovable Object" Kadriss, Mercenary Bodyguard

So, you heard of Fizhka island? From the look on your face I guess that's a no. Can't blame ya, it's a rock in the middle of nowhere, south of the Coral Archipelago. It's a poor place, with hardy people who struggle with their lack of resources. The trees give weak lumber, the mountains had no minerals, the fishes are far too deep within the sea, the only animals lurking around were small rodents. In such a place I grew, learning how to take the most from less. But I never actually liked that situation, to see my people and myself having so little to live while the travelers who stopped by the island were wealthy and healthy, so I left on one of the several ships that passed through Fizhka, a merchant ship that headed to Brightwork. I found a job there as a ship lookout, and to be honest I guess I was lucky enough not to have just been sold as a slave as soon as we left.

Then of course a few days later a Pirate ship came and attacked us. The crew was unprepared and without enough weapons, and they were easily overpowered. As one of them singled me out and ran towards me, sword in hand, I tried to tackle him, only for a bright light to burst from my forehead. I noticed the guy I knocked out was dead in the floor, his spine broken, and the others were screaming and trying to attack me, only to break their weapons upon my body, and their skulls upon their fists. It was then that I found out about my Exaltation, and decided to start a new line of work. From ship lookout I became a mercenary, protecting people who payed for the privilege of having a Solar watching their backs, and started sending the money back to my folks at the Island, and ended up even getting enough money to buy this ancient armor from a thankful scavenger who I helped explore a shipwreck that dated from the First Age.

And... That's pretty much my story. But yeah Boss/Captain, you hiring?

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread