Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

C. Everett Koop posted:

Do you think that Harambe was murdered?

Do you believe that Hillary Clinton is responsible for the death of Harambe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Do you agree that President Obama was right in ordering the execution of Harambe?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Who is the real mastermind behind ISIS?

1 - Barack Obama
2 - Hillary Clinton
3 - Harambe
4 - Barry Soetoro

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

C. Everett Koop posted:

Who is the real mastermind behind ISIS?

1 - Barack Obama
2 - Hillary Clinton
3 - Harambe
4 - Barry Soetoro

everyone knows that it is George Soros

but yeah, I got :10bux: to throw at this

e:

iospace posted:

another potential national level question: "Do you believe the election will be rigged?"

I really like this question

TeenageArchipelago fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Aug 14, 2016

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Will American police forces be able to kill enough black men in time to give the Republicans a chance to win the election?

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

ColdPie posted:

I think the hypothetical between Clinton and a non-cheeto candidate (Rubio?) would be best, since it won't be polluted by Dems who would not have voted in a hypothetical Republican primary re-do.

This. Hillary vs Rubio

Way more embarrassing for Trump than Hillary vs Johnson, because Rubio is actually a Republican, and thus wayyy more likely to be doing better than Trump. Johnson has super low name recognition, and I expect we'd see something like 55/25/20 Hillary/Johnson/neither+don't know

I wouldn't contribute to a poll that asked questions like "how many "s"s in Mississippi?" - is it our goal to make people look stupid? Respondents will know that the question is designed to embarrass them. I doubt there'd even be much of an interesting partisan split given how poor the educational system in MS is. The goal here should be to embarrass TRUMP, not the people in one of the poorest states :shrug:

e: also, I bet the Hillary vs Rubio question would get more media attention than the gimmick questions, given the fascination w Trump potentially dropping out

thethreeman fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Aug 14, 2016

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

For useful crosstabs, you need to spend three questions on race, gender, and party affiliation. If you want both two-way and a four-way presidential questions, there's all five of your slots filled.

e: Oh snap, it looks like PPP includes the crosstab-making questions in their package, as "plus demographics". Ok, disregard the above. How about two, four, statewide race, Would you prefer Obama or Hillary fill Scalia's seat? and Which of the first ten amendments is the worst?

Squizzle fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 14, 2016

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My vote goes to Two-way, three-way, state election of some sort, Hillary v Rubio and "Do you think the election will be rigged?"

It's a good combination of interesting questions that will be notable to us and potentially to pundits, and questions that will just give us more information about whatever state (and also make Jill Stein fans mad).

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

"Squizzle" [/quote posted:

p Would you prefer Obama or Hillary fill Scalia's seat?

This

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

"Do you believe that Trump is being influenced by Russia?"

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
My vote's for:
  • Clinton v Johnson
  • Clinton v Rubio
  • [Fun One] Trump's Russian influence

And, for the record, the NAMBLA and Puerto Rico questions are hilarious.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
If we do Lousiana, I really want a 3 way senate question with the leading Dem, Rep, and David Duke

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Do you believe that Donald Trump would pursue a romantic relationship with his eldest daughter Ivanka if social mores were more lenient regarding incest?

A) Yes
B) No
C) Not Sure
D) Yes, but Donald Trump Jr. instead

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Grrr stupid site won't let me upload an image to the campaign and won't let me launch it without.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I kind of like the Who Do You Think Will Win question better than Do You Think The Election Will Be Rigged.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Drop your ducats here

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sa-mississippi-poll#/

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

What about something like "In a four way race, if your vote was the only one that counted, which candidate would you choose?"

I like this a lot

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

C. Everett Koop posted:

Do you think that Harambe was murdered?

:harambe:

Somehow have this smily be any option you can pick in the poll.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Put my money where my mouth is, now we just need 99 more people to do the same!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

We're off to a pretty solid start. But we'll probably need more than just ourselves. Probably can't hurt to spread the link around. I mailed it to the MS Democratic Party, figured there might be at least a few people around their office that are curious enough to throw in.

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Put in my ducats.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:10bux: given.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Are the questions finalized?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I put in my cash.

:edit:

ReidRansom posted:

We're off to a pretty solid start. But we'll probably need more than just ourselves. Probably can't hurt to spread the link around. I mailed it to the MS Democratic Party, figured there might be at least a few people around their office that are curious enough to throw in.

We might want to expand some of our details then. What the survey will ask and more explanation on how PPP does the surveys may help get more people.

Does PPP help us write the questions to prevent push-polling, or do we have to develop the phrasing ourselves? If it's the latter, some kind of google doc would be useful to determine the final wording.

Brute Squad fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Aug 16, 2016

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

A concern. If this hits the funding, the money won't be released until thirty days from now. You probably won't get it until mid-September.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

kelvron posted:

I put in my cash.

:edit:

We might want to expand some of our details then. What the survey will ask and more explanation on how PPP does the surveys may help get more people.

Does PPP help us write the questions to prevent push-polling, or do we have to develop the phrasing ourselves? If it's the latter, some kind of google doc would be useful to determine the final wording.

They said they can help us develop the questions.

And I'm down for giving someone else a set of keys to the page to help edit/expand it. Was thinking id do that anyway. A mod or someone else well-known and trusted around here.

Teddybear posted:

A concern. If this hits the funding, the money won't be released until thirty days from now. You probably won't get it until mid-September.

1 month was just sort of arbitrary. I was under the impression it could be shut down immediately once it's fully funded. And then maybe a week or two out from there.

Worst case, I could pay for the thing and be reimbursed from the campaign if the timing drags out. I could be out that a few weeks without missing it. Though I'd like to avoid that for lots of reasons.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I donated my share earlier this afternoon, I hope we get some good stuff out of this

truavatar
Mar 3, 2004

GIS Jedi
Donated my :20bux:. Pretty excited to see the results overblown in the news.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
Hard to finalize questions. 24 hours ago no one would have asked anything about Manafort. I do think you could get prelim questions for 4 of 5 with a big caveat for any events that may necessitate a change.

Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.
Even if they aren't finalized, a sample of 6-7 potential questions in rough draft form would go a long way toward selling this to outsiders (even just goons outside this thread). In particular, it would make it clear this is actually about politics and real questions rather than just internet memes.

And yeah, given this last weekend, a Manafort question could be good.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

If the South woulda won would we have had it made?

answers:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAFjBSPUQJk

2. No

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Donated. Also, I noticed that poll aggregaters cite the organization that commissioned the poll. So I want the only poll for Mississippi to be by A Bunch of Goons. I'm also curious about how the flag thing polls now. Also for a funny/troll question, ask how much you agree with this phrase: "Thank God for Mississippi."

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Yoshifan823 posted:

My vote goes to Two-way, three-way, state election of some sort, Hillary v Rubio and "Do you think the election will be rigged?"

It's a good combination of interesting questions that will be notable to us and potentially to pundits, and questions that will just give us more information about whatever state (and also make Jill Stein fans mad).

I like this too

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

If the South woulda won would we have had it made?

answers:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAFjBSPUQJk

2. No

A genuine preference question about the Confederacy would be amazing.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Threw in $50. Hail Satan.

Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.

Vox Nihili posted:

A genuine preference question about the Confederacy would be amazing.

Eh, 5% of people will give an insane answer and the other 95% (not to mention everyone who reads about the poll) will correctly see it as an attempt to troll them. The only way the results are worthwhile is if, say, 30% of people are pro-Confederacy, which is a huge stretch. I think the question about the confederate flag on the state flag taps into the same issue and potentially generates a similar holy poo poo response, but it's a more honest question that will give a more interesting and meaningful answer.

I've been thinking about this more, and in my opinion the best questions to ask are:

1) 2/3 way Presidential (Clinton vs. Trump vs. Undecided/Johnson)

2) Who do you think will win (this will probably reflect beliefs about whether it will be rigged, but that's a question a ton of other polls can ask as a follow-up if this gets traction)

3) Clinton vs. Cruz (I think this is better than Rubio. Rubio never made a huge impact; people just expected him to. Cruz has the Bible Belt credentials and all the anti-establishment pros of Trump without as much baggage, plus Trump hates his guts and would despise losing to him in a post-RNC poll)

4) Would you be more or less likely to vote for a Representative who endorsed Trump? / Which party will you vote for in the House election? (There aren't any big statewide elections, so this would be the closest equivalent)

5) Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Despite the fact that many citizens associate the confederate flag with racism and hate, it should remain on the state flag as a symbol of our history and heritage. (Or something like this. Basically trying to make sure the wording offers fair context but also provides a fig leaf, so people see it as an honest attempt to get an answer rather than a push poll).

But ultimately I still think Reid should decide the questions, and then we can work out the specific wording in the thread and with PPP.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

ReidRansom posted:

Worst case, I could pay for the thing and be reimbursed from the campaign if the timing drags out. I could be out that a few weeks without missing it. Though I'd like to avoid that for lots of reasons.
If this poo poo can be thrown on a credit card I could cover it for reimbursement if you end up unable to cover this yourself before funds are released.

Semi-related, if I get a new job in time I'll donate also.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
Love this, in for :20bux:

Quovak posted:

Eh, 5% of people will give an insane answer and the other 95% (not to mention everyone who reads about the poll) will correctly see it as an attempt to troll them. The only way the results are worthwhile is if, say, 30% of people are pro-Confederacy, which is a huge stretch. I think the question about the confederate flag on the state flag taps into the same issue and potentially generates a similar holy poo poo response, but it's a more honest question that will give a more interesting and meaningful answer.

I've been thinking about this more, and in my opinion the best questions to ask are:

1) 2/3 way Presidential (Clinton vs. Trump vs. Undecided/Johnson)

2) Who do you think will win (this will probably reflect beliefs about whether it will be rigged, but that's a question a ton of other polls can ask as a follow-up if this gets traction)

3) Clinton vs. Cruz (I think this is better than Rubio. Rubio never made a huge impact; people just expected him to. Cruz has the Bible Belt credentials and all the anti-establishment pros of Trump without as much baggage, plus Trump hates his guts and would despise losing to him in a post-RNC poll)

4) Would you be more or less likely to vote for a Representative who endorsed Trump? / Which party will you vote for in the House election? (There aren't any big statewide elections, so this would be the closest equivalent)

5) Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Despite the fact that many citizens associate the confederate flag with racism and hate, it should remain on the state flag as a symbol of our history and heritage. (Or something like this. Basically trying to make sure the wording offers fair context but also provides a fig leaf, so people see it as an honest attempt to get an answer rather than a push poll).

But ultimately I still think Reid should decide the questions, and then we can work out the specific wording in the thread and with PPP.
^ I like all this. Cruz vs Rubio is a good point - only fear with Cruz is that he might have pissed people off with his RNC performance while Rubio has remained more generic?

Trillary Flinton
Aug 3, 2016

Quovak posted:

1) 3 way Presidential (Clinton vs. Trump vs. Johnson)

2) Who do you think will win

3) Clinton vs. Cruz (I think this is better than Rubio. Rubio never made a huge impact; people just expected him to. Cruz has the Bible Belt credentials and all the anti-establishment pros of Trump without as much baggage, plus Trump hates his guts and would despise losing to him in a post-RNC poll) :getin:

4) Would you be more or less likely to vote for a Representative who endorsed Trump?

5) Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Despite the fact that many citizens associate the confederate flag with racism and hate, it should remain on the state flag as a symbol of our history and heritage. The only thing I really differ on. I REALLY want to see the breakdown for "Would you be less likely to vote for Trump if his tax returns showed that he was not as wealthy as you thought?"

Trillary Flinton fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Quovak posted:

4) Would you be more or less likely to vote for a Representative who endorsed Trump?

Conversely, I think Rubio is a better choice because he didn't do as well as expected in the primary melee. If he'd been one of two or maybe three, and made it to the end, he'd have been Standard Republican Candidate #n+1, which makes him useful as a stand-in for "If the Republican candidate weren't a self-igniting dumpster fire, would you still vote for Hillary?"

Same kind of thing as your 4), really, but 4) also measures Trump potentially wrecking other Republicans.

• Locked thread