Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

edit:

Junk fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

Teikanmi posted:

this should now be the "replace a far side caption" thread

lol yeah this, respect gary larson yo, he is one funny man.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
instant five

post more

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

brutal :five:

E: however, the ride was called Verruckt while the park was named Schlitterbahn.

That Robot fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Aug 10, 2016

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

these suck and aren't funny fyi

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

now this is good poo poo

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I don't really understand why the Gary Larson thing is a forums thing now. It seems that it's a low key "LOL NICE MELTDOWN" jab at the guy, but he kind of sounds reasonable and chill so I don't get it. Maybe it's because he had the audacity to make a living through a creative medium and now has an opinion on how his content is distributed?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I think it's mostly because it's so tone deaf to the fact that the internet exists, and there is literally nothing you can do to stop pics being sent around.

Besides, posting Far Side cartoons can only have a net-positive gain for him monetarily. At least then some younger people might take notice of them and seek out an actual book of his and make him some money. They're not going to automatically know about a comic that stopped ten years ago. It's great that he made a lot of money and was able to retire, but you can't expect your revenue stream to stay the same ten years after the fact by limiting your exposure to book stores.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

idiotbitch
Jul 16, 2013

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

this should now be the "replace a far side caption" thread

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Ive yet to find a pic thats not lossable.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

THE HORSE

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

e: wrong comics thread

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

hows PYF doing nowadays

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
as someone who owns all of the Far Side Collections, this thread is very good

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i used to have tons of farside books when i was a young honk but i lost them all. anyway i feel like i deserve free access to his content as my parents spent good hard earned money on those books at my behest :colbert:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

thathonkey posted:

i used to have tons of farside books when i was a young honk but i lost them all. anyway i feel like i deserve free access to his content as my parents spent good hard earned money on those books at my behest :colbert:
I did too but as I don't feel the same way I am using my hands to cover the comics as I scroll through this thread.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a hole-y ghost posted:

I did too but as I don't feel the same way I am using my hands to cover the comics as I scroll through this thread.

you are a better man than i :patriot:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

I laughed. I actually threw out a laugh I didn't mean to make.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Please put PYF back into the thread title, all my threads are carefully constructed and this is disrupting the feng shui.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

VVV :twisted:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 10, 2016

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Son of a bitch...

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
didn't he clarify that he doesn't care about forums threads though?

pretty sure he meant like don't create a website and throw all my work on there for traffic clicks please

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

didn't he clarify that he doesn't care about forums threads though?

pretty sure he meant like don't create a website and throw all my work on there for traffic clicks please
Read These 10 Far Side Comics And Try Not To Laugh!

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
post more klibans

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Zesty Mordant posted:

post more klibans

No

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Zesty Mordant posted:

post more klibans

these are like dollar store Far Sides. i don't like it and i suspect they're just on the verge of passing their expiration date

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Seriously,

Its like "People laughed at my first random not actually funny except its unexpected and bizarre"

*Draws 10 billion more all effectively the same.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
There's a rip off comic currently active called tundra that's essentially bad far side (and that's low bar)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Zesty Mordant posted:

post more klibans

This one is good

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

There's a rip off comic currently active called tundra that's essentially bad far side (and that's low bar)

Also, Close to Home, a blatant knockoff that's been going for 24 years. Basically Far Side for your grandparents.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I think it's mostly because it's so tone deaf to the fact that the internet exists, and there is literally nothing you can do to stop pics being sent around.

Yeah but he said that like 15 years ago. The internet wasn't an unstoppable sentient organism yet and you could still get stuff to happen by asking nicely sometimes.

• Locked thread