Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
My uncle lives in jersey city he's a cab driver. When I visited in the summer it literally smelled like a garbage dump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Local Man Digs Giant Robots

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
American tv have thought the world that jersey sucks rear end Op.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Indy posted:

Well it's in the northeastern US so it has to suck no matter what.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013

shut up netface posted:

Ive lived here my entire life as well, but primarily in northwest NJ, but now as I approach the idea of home ownership it does temp me to move out. Just across the Delaware property taxes drop BY HALF.

didn't really have my thinking cap on at the time of my post I would say now that it would be even cooler to live in DE or PA cause your taxes go way down, there's less people, and you get the same proximities, good point.

E: I'll die before I go to a Sheetz instead of a WaWa tho

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Kitsunegari posted:

The proximity to the ocean, Philadelphia, New York, and DC is pretty cool and I'm probably not gonna move out of the state ever

Same

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

fits my needs posted:

My uncle lives in jersey city he's a cab driver. When I visited in the summer it literally smelled like a garbage dump.

If it's a city in NJ it will always smell like literal garbage dump. This quality is multiplied the closer it is to the NYC Metro area. It's getting "better", by which I mean gentrifying as yuppies move out to take advantage of the relatively lower real estate prices while still being close to Manhattan/Brooklyn.

Indy posted:

House takes place in the Princeton, NJ area and while the show is blatantly filmed in California and has TV poo poo like a hospital with glass walls, it manages to get the "feel" of the area decently enough. Besides that area was good enough for Albert Einstein to die in, it should be good enough for most people. Stay away it's full of rich snobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Jersey rules, it's the best state in the union, and every day I still mourn for the passing of cultural touchstone Jersey Shore

• Locked thread