Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggaY6tonzMk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mariana Horchata posted:

so how about that Wawa place?

Everyone I've known in Jersey talks about it like it's the food of the gods. Bitches it's barely better than modern Quik Check and every other state I go to has an equivalent now.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Once I was driving up a part of the NJ coast during the off-season. The area was basically one road running North/South on a small strip of land, beach on one side bay on the other. It was about 11 at night. There was nothing open, no residence lights on. The only light other than the traffic and streelights came from every single Italian restaurant on the 10-15 miles I drove.

I'm like 90% sure one of my best friends growing up was in a mob-connected family too.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

fits my needs posted:

My uncle lives in jersey city he's a cab driver. When I visited in the summer it literally smelled like a garbage dump.

If it's a city in NJ it will always smell like literal garbage dump. This quality is multiplied the closer it is to the NYC Metro area. It's getting "better", by which I mean gentrifying as yuppies move out to take advantage of the relatively lower real estate prices while still being close to Manhattan/Brooklyn.

Indy posted:

American tv have thought the world that jersey sucks rear end Op.

House takes place in the Princeton, NJ area and while the show is blatantly filmed in California and has TV poo poo like a hospital with glass walls, it manages to get the "feel" of the area decently enough. Besides that area was good enough for Albert Einstein to die in, it should be good enough for most people. Stay away it's full of rich snobs

• Locked thread