Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

you missed the part where he takes a massive piss

delenda est japan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Oberleutnant posted:

Is there such a thing as a gay dragon? And do they like to have sex with humans? Maybe put there big dragon dicks up our butts? Maybe choke us and peg us while loving us up the butt?
Could a male human get pregnant from dragon cum since dragons are magical? Could your belly swell is with dragon babies and then you give birth to your dragon husbands babies??

Asking for a friend

This is how u become a Drag Queen, I think.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
In my ppls culture, dragons r called Two-Spirit.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

yeah that was a good dragon :rip:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

is this the new Nier game ?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Decebal posted:

It's Drakengard 3, one of the greatest games of all time. On par with Ico, Metal Gear Solid 2, or Undertale. The way it presented a bewilderingly vacuous plot to reflect Mikhail's childish incomprehension of adult matters, the way it induced and used the player's utter misery with the gameplay to reflect Mikhail's cognitive dissonance at the violence around him, the way all the one-dimensional characters reflect Zero's psychology in a well thought out Jungian manner... all of these things make Drakengard 3 a masterpiece.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

DrowningInDreams posted:

It's Drakengard 3, one of the greatest games of all time. On par with Ico, Metal Gear Solid 2, or Undertale. The way it presented a bewilderingly vacuous plot to reflect Mikhail's childish incomprehension of adult matters, the way it induced and used the player's utter misery with the gameplay to reflect Mikhail's cognitive dissonance at the violence around him, the way all the one-dimensional characters reflect Zero's psychology in a well thought out Jungian manner... all of these things make Drakengard 3 a masterpiece.

61% on Metacritic ....idk man . I'll just wait for The Last Guardian

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Decebal posted:

61% on Metacritic ....idk man . I'll just wait for The Last Guardian

Those people just don't get it, which is unavoidable given the spiritually bankrupt era we live in. These years mark the close of the Kali Yuga, which will end properly in 2025, at which point the events from the prophetic work of speculative fiction known as "Shadowrun" will begin to unfold. Drakengard 3, if properly played and experienced, is like an emotional time bomb, in which you get none of the benefits during the playthrough, but everything that would have been experienced instead accrues into a single explosive experience of realization after the fact, once you understand it all. Think of the Drakengard 3 gameplay experience like a magical ritual, in this case conducted while in ecstasy (extreme pain), which charges an intention (Yoko Taro's, through his symbol logic), which later actualizes inside your mind.

In fact, Yoko Taro is an extremely skilled magician, and this is the reason why he is kept on and allowed to continue to make games despite his perpetual underperformance. I am doing my best to keep close tabs on him and discern his full intentions. So far I can only describe him as a sort of moderate adept of the left hand path, a matter which becomes clear when you consider the content of his games. IE:

NiER: One should reject union with an unjust God and callous shadow and find meaning in friendship and relationships with others
Drakengard 3: Child abuse can be beautiful (a simplification, but this is literally the point and I can easily explain it if you like)

and etc.

I challenged Taro to a duel through Twitter but he didn't respond. At any rate, Drakengard 3 is a phenomenal experience, but the most acquired of acquired tastes. I suspect perhaps one has to be magically sensitive to experience it correctly.

DrowningInDreams fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 11, 2016

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DrowningInDreams posted:

Those people just don't get it, which is unavoidable given the spiritually bankrupt era we live in. These years mark the close of the Kali Yuga, which will end properly in 2025, at which point the events from the prophetic work of speculative fiction known as "Shadowrun" will begin to unfold. Drakengard 3, if properly played and experienced, is like an emotional time bomb, in which you get none of the benefits during the playthrough, but everything that would have been experienced instead accrues into a single explosive experience of realization after the fact, once you understand it all. Think of the Drakengard 3 gameplay experience like a magical ritual, in this case conducted while in ecstasy (extreme pain), which charges an intention (Yoko Taro's, through his symbol logic), which later actualizes inside your mind.

In fact, Yoko Taro is an extremely skilled magician, and this is the reason why he is kept on and allowed to continue to make games despite his perpetual underperformance. I am doing my best to keep close tabs on him and discern his full intentions. So far I can only describe him as a sort of moderate adept of the left hand path, a matter which becomes clear when you consider the content of his games. IE:

NiER: One should reject union with an unjust God and callous shadow and find meaning in friendship and relationships with others
Drakengard 3: Child abuse can be beautiful (a simplification, but this is literally the point and I can easily explain it if you like)

and etc.

I challenged Taro to a duel through Twitter but he didn't respond. At any rate, Drakengard 3 is a phenomenal experience, but the most acquired of acquired tastes. I suspect perhaps one has to be magically sensitive to experience it correctly.

thoughts on puff?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Decebal posted:

its the pre nier game. Its very good if you like the nier style of games.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Drink Cheerwine posted:

thoughts on puff?

A catchy song. In some way I feel it represents, let's say a softer version of the instinct to kill dragons. I myself have encountered the hard version of this instinct... but it is perhaps best not to overshare. Only let it be said that everyone has a guardian of their soul, and the form this guardian takes is determined by the cultural symbols one has internalized. A person who is alienated from their culture can still make contact with their guardian, but it will be by a wildly divergent symbolism as a matter of course. And so there will be great hostility, and every attempt to strip away this particular visage from the guardian, if not to outright kill the guardian (or their host) outright. Nothing is as threatening, after all, as a genuine spiritual experience which radically conflicts with the notions of the majority. And so a dragon becomes "childish imagination" as a gentle attempt to passively dissolve an alternate symbol logic, which might be either mercy or brutality; or even both.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Decebal posted:

I don't even know anymore....

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

I just noticed that timeline didn't even include Cry-On as the follow up to Drakengard ending C which is weird considering all the other extraneous stuff on there.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

DrowningInDreams posted:

Gold represents wisdom, and gems represent godforms. As a demon, the dragon is trying to regain the holy but can never do so, much like Milton's Satan in Paradise Lost, only unlike Milton's Satan the dragon is either stupider or has a different aesthetic sensibility and is more content with a hollow accumulation of purely symbolic good than with making evil their banner in perpetual reaffirmation of the fall.

Maybe they're just wacko end-the-Fed style libertarians?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Hail Terra Malatora

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Three-Phase posted:

Hail Terra Malatora

One is not born, but rather becomes, a dragon

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSWznYdY_e8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHuxBr0FS_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFZoDnP-1eE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Lz5VI3sJ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF9tgeo1HuA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqoyOpYOdWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjx0bYepm5E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVmq2dNzOG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5abgDBQHPk

hmmm dragons

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

DrowningInDreams posted:

One is not born, but rather becomes, a dragon

I wish I was a Dragon

:smith:

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
Have you seen the Dragonheart sequels? They're so bad.

Edit: Don't go appropriating dragon-hood now. You probably just want to be a dragon because you're insecure in your humanity and buy into speciest stereotypes about behavior roles. The last thing dragons need is a 5th column undermining our push for dragon rights by running around spraying villages with fire or raping princesses.

DrowningInDreams fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 12, 2016

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

D put this
R on you
A profile
G to stop Dragon
O from Being Hated
N because Dragon deserve are Love

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Someone buy me a dragon based avatar, tia

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I have an MSpaint dragon avatar I made as a self- portrait but I'm scared to use it because it might lead back to other accounts.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

DrowningInDreams posted:

I have an MSpaint dragon avatar I made as a self- portrait but I'm scared to use it because it might lead back to other accounts.

Uhhhhh-huh.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Three-Phase posted:

Uhhhhh-huh.

Yes. Think of the damage that could result to my reputation if all the people who know me on the websites and platforms where I use a dragon for an avatar and talk brazenly about being a dragon, found out I thought I was a dragon. Plus it could lead to a lot of unwanted interaction, bringing the people I already interact with on these forums into contact with me in a slightly different place.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

i loving meant it! dragons are the loving poo poo.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Three-Phase posted:

Hail Terra Malatora

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I'm having a hard time gauging the wind here and deciding what direction to take this thread in, so I'm just going to let the next five posters decide. Should this thread (at least mainly):

1. Persist as a place for random dragonposting
2. Become a monument to my abject lunacy

If you choose the first I have a lot of dragon pictures and can do more half-sincere mental illness informed analysis of them, plus whatever else you post.

If you choose the second you get an 80 page incredibly bad novella written based on a series of four dreams that at the time I thought were literally true revealed wisdom. I will also tell you about the dragon that lives in my head, in the most inflammatory terms possible (pun intended).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx_BlcZsVW0

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Heads

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Tales.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Wait till the transdragon community hears about this!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i dont know what the second thing is so i guess dragon pictures

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Dreddout posted:

Wait till the transdragon community hears about this!

I'm sure you mean otherkin, but the link between deformity and the symbolism of dragons has already been established, and I always felt that there was something of a mutilation in being transgender; only not the usually thought one, but rather that one is mutilated, or as Kierkegaard put it "set outside of the universal", by nature, in the course of undergoing puberty or otherwise trying to live as male and thus taking on a masculine body type.

And it seems to me that Sanzo's art touches on the feeling of being deformed, that he uses the dragon in precisely this way, even to a comical degree; in fact, the only comedy in his readily comical work is that it goes so directly and brazenly over the top. Here is the most obvious instance of that trend:

and a lesser example

In this way, it becomes apparent that the umbrella over the dragon is a man seeing the humanity of a deformed woman who society is literally content to leave in the rain, a monster. Thus the apparent interspecies relationship is used as a metaphor for the distance between the deformed and the normal, and consequently stands as a measure of love. And it's further worth noting that these men are never attracted to these women for the sake of their deformity, but in spite of it. In other words, they are the romantic ideal for everyone who has been placed outside the universal, rather than "chasers" of whatever particular deformity fetish.

So while the trans symbolism is probably unintended and perhaps unwelcome, to the extent that transgender people have been placed outside the universal by factors beyond their control, the metaphor applies, and hence we see the transgender=>demon=dragon relationship symbolically emerge again. Seeing such perpetual re-emergence of such a complex symbolism makes the notion of reincarnation more compelling to me somehow.

DrowningInDreams fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 12, 2016

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Three-Phase posted:

Uhhhhh-huh.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I am saddened that my thread is the only stickied thread with no gold. I have failed you. I have failed myself.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
That's okay, but did you know that there's a subreddit for dragon drawings?

Cause that's the good poo poo OP.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
slay all dragons

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Sup fellow Topaz Dragon
:smaug::respek::smaug:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

When ur tryna get ur photo taken at the DMV! lol

When ur tryna be a 'good guy' but ur GF just won't try anal

For when sometimes ya gotta shake all dem "tail scales" all up in the mirror haha lol *yeah!*

:syoon: I WOULD DIE IF MY DRAGON-LORD DID THIS TO ME :syoon:
:siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9QF7mbsd10

• Locked thread