Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/hatsXORlXXo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

loving warhammer jones

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

bald gnome error posted:

your mental illness is not as fascinating as you think it is. please take ur meds and talk to trusted friends and/or family.

also please don't make "drake" your last name, holy lol

I'm on my meds and that's a pen name and god

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016

Three-Phase posted:

Well at least they both sound much better than "Ethan Frome".

what the gently caress

buddy you keep disrespecting Edith Wharton and I'm gonna be 'draggin' you through the mud

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Ork of Fiction posted:

Ur not stuppsed to sit in the poison. Ur supposd to drink it, dummy.

Why u think the bird ate Prometheus liver, brah?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I read a book about dragons where most of the "dragons" in the world were actually these wingless, flameless draconids who fought alongside humans in armies with giants swords and armor it was pretty kickass:

Of course the cover art for each installment would WILDLY affect how cool I thought the characters were.

Hell yeah leather jerkin & a magic sword, in this one Basil Broketail looks nimble- like a raptor!

Awesome, now we got ourselves a sick steel armor upgrade (and just in time for the swamp level, amirite???)

But then WHOA LAME Like Holy poo poo Basil became like a TREX-sized?? But he's afraid of lightning now what a goddam wuss in his metal armor (oh wait that makes sense lol Basil it's called science :science:)

OK Wait I take that back T-Rex Godmode is pretty ballin' once you cover up that dumbasses face and give him some foreign culture's legendary weaponry. I also remember the "kid" in this one ultimately had to seduce and gently caress his way out of a sorceress' illusion-world mind trap. :cheers:

SIIIIIIIIICCCCCCKKKKKKKK! :hellyeah:
Around this one Basil IIRC the Battledragon Basil hunts down a real *true* winged, fire-breathing dragon he's sent to slay, and guess what, it's a female dragon who's woken up from a lengthy hibernation and is now looking for a suitable mate! :pervert:

Look at that sly dragon mother-fucker. :smaug:

I loved these books as a kid.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Of course the cover art for each installment would WILDLY affect how cool I thought the characters were.

Hell yeah leather jerkin & a magic sword, in this one Basil Broketail looks nimble- like a raptor!

Awesome, now we got ourselves a sick steel armor upgrade (and just in time for the swamp level, amirite???)

But then WHOA LAME Like Holy poo poo Basil became like a TREX-sized?? But he's afraid of lightning now what a goddam wuss in his metal armor (oh wait that makes sense lol Basil it's called science :science:)

OK Wait I take that back T-Rex Godmode is pretty ballin' once you cover up that dumbasses face and give him some foreign culture's legendary weaponry. I also remember the "kid" in this one ultimately had to seduce and gently caress his way out of a sorceress' illusion-world mind trap. :cheers:

SIIIIIIIIICCCCCCKKKKKKKK! :hellyeah:
Around this one Basil IIRC the Battledragon Basil hunts down a real *true* winged, fire-breathing dragon he's sent to slay, and guess what, it's a female dragon who's woken up from a lengthy hibernation and is now looking for a suitable mate! :pervert:

Look at that sly dragon mother-fucker. :smaug:

I loved these books as a kid.

he is like the Chuck Tingle of dragons

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

TheUltimateDoofus posted:

what the gently caress

buddy you keep disrespecting Edith Wharton and I'm gonna be 'draggin' you through the mud

I'm sorry but Ethan Frome could possibly trump "Dragon Gestalt (roar)" if it had perhaps 15,000 fewer words. Holy hell that was a tedious read even at around 200 pages. I was cheering for the tree at the end.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

bald gnome error posted:

also please don't make "drake" your last name, holy lol

whoa poo poo is op salamanda drake

Forward Toward
Aug 14, 2015

No Tank You. not today tanks. Tank you very much.

TANK TANK TANK

VRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I always thought sitting on all that gold would be uncomfortable. And a poor return on investment. Dragons should invest that poo poo into something that will keep them when they are old and scaly(er).

Like bitcoin ...

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
I still can't believe you gave me gold and then stole it back from me

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DrowningInDreams posted:

I don't want to simulate hurting people, I want to actually hurt people. And technically, there's nothing preventing me from doing everything up to murdering someone as long as I stop before then, so at any time I could take my P238 and shoot someone in the gut and dick repeatedly, the knees, the elbows, whatever, so long as I don't kill them. I could take my benchmade and cause as much cosmetic damage as I like too. In that way I could potentially take out all my rage on a single unfortunate, at any moment, the thought of which helps to keep me sane. Though I would likely have to kill myself immediately afterward to maximize my ROI by avoiding the repercussions.

yo like

lol what kinda dragon needs a p238

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also idc what you are, you're a piece of poo poo if think it's ok to kill random innocents to assuage your rage or whatever the gently caress get some help elliot

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Moridin920 posted:

also idc what you are, you're a piece of poo poo if think it's ok to kill random innocents to assuage your rage or whatever the gently caress get some help elliot

But I don't think that.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you posted that

and you posted that your only regret would be having to kill yourself bc you're too scared of the consequences of your actions, not even any remorse for the random person you would be murdering or their family or anything

fuckin selfish

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Moridin920 posted:

you posted that

And it says it's within my power to hurt people, which I fantasize about. It doesn't say that I would kill people (it says explicitly that I am prohibited from killing people), or that I actually will hurt people.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DrowningInDreams posted:

And it says it's within my power to hurt people, which I fantasize about. It doesn't say that I would kill people (it says explicitly that I am prohibited from killing people), or that I actually will hurt people.

yeah in real life we don't have hit points that you can reduce to 1/100 and then stop, you'll likely kill someone you do all that to

and again, so what, you're fine with wrecking someone's health/life as long as you don't actually intend to KILL them (even though they'd prolly die) in order to assuage your feelings?

you see no problem with this?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

DrowningInDreams posted:

Novel 1: A novelization of a series of four dreams about an evil Scythian Enaree who travels between worlds leaving carnage in her wake, fueled by the blood of dragons. Written in two days.
Novel 2: A slightly fictionalized account of my life as a mentally ill 240lbs transsexual who thinks they're a dragon. Written in four days.

I realize now that turning the angel over with the notion of having them raped is of course grotesque; but that an angel can handle themselves, hence why the angels in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah initially wanted to stay in public and not even accompany Lot back to his house in the first place. And now that my GOLD HAS BEEN STOLEN, I have no reason not to inflict such things on you.
:five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Moridin920 posted:

yeah in real life we don't have hit points that you can reduce to 1/100 and then stop, you'll likely kill someone you do all that to

Which is another good reason why I only fantasize about it. But handgun wounds are very survivable. You're at about 80% to survive if you get immediate care, which basically means if you live in a city.

Moridin920 posted:

and again, so what, you're fine with wrecking someone's health/life as long as you don't actually intend to KILL them (even though they'd prolly die) in order to assuage your feelings?

you see no problem with this?

It's no less than what's been done to me. But at any rate, it's more that I see no problem with reminding others that it's a possibility. After all, it's been done to me, and the thought that there will never be any possibility of reciprocation seems like part of the reason people feel ok with ruining trans lives.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
fantasizing about hurting/maiming people is not healthy and if that's the only thing that makes the rage inside go away you're just a few steps short of actually doing it and instead of thinking it's okay and good you should probably seek help

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Pssssst.

Hey dumb dumb.

She's delusional.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Moridin920 posted:

fantasizing about hurting/maiming people is not healthy and if that's the only thing that makes the rage inside go away you're just a few steps short of actually doing it and instead of thinking it's okay and good you should probably seek help

I have an entire team of therapists, don't worry about it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
so has anytone found pics of the OP yet

does he look like a fat eliot rodgers like im imagining he does?

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE

Ramaroot fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 19, 2016

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I used to have a lot of Dragon-themed screennames and emails when I was younger, but when I signed up for this forum, I didn't do that.

I have never regretted it more.

Mods, please change my name to Blurry Gray Dragon.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I used to have a lot of Dragon-themed screennames and emails when I was younger, but when I signed up for this forum, I didn't do that.

I have never regretted it more.

Mods, please change my name to Blurry Gray Dragon.

Mods please change name to Blurry Gay Dragon tia

naem
May 29, 2011

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Smaug?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBNnUu1uPFM

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Smaug is alright. He died before his time though. RIP Smaug, you had like 11 lines of dialogue and most of them were after you'd died.

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE

Ramaroot fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Aug 19, 2016

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Aw :kimchi: Even though that's a lot of weird motherly bosom going on it's not so bad...

This one's a little less adorable at face value:

:swoon: So tsundere and bad at cooking you are, blacku-duragganu-sempai! :syoon:
If I say I like it will you let me go?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

ishikabibble posted:

Mods please change name to Blurry Gay Dragon tia

Also acceptable.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
tumbles the stair dragon is a heartwarming story of an insane dragon fanatic, his literal fall from grace and his attempt to do something ban-worthy to his neck with plastic sunglasses

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

That Robot posted:

tumbles the stair dragon is a heartwarming story of an insane dragon fanatic, his literal fall from grace and his attempt to do something ban-worthy to his neck with plastic sunglasses

Do you have stairs in your house?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
no, i had to go to a convention to find them

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Dragons are allegories of mankind's greed and pride. That's what the dragon at the end of Beowulf represents, and why it ultimately claims his life.

Hope this helps.

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Dragons are allegories of mankind's greed and pride. That's what the dragon at the end of Beowulf represents, and why it ultimately claims his life.

Hope this helps.

Thank goodness you're here, "thinks everything can be summarized in two sentences man"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DrowningInDreams posted:

Thank goodness you're here, "thinks everything can be summarized in two sentences man"

You're welcome, happy to help.

• Locked thread