Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Hello, around 2:30 est I will be at the Honda dealership getting my airbag replaced cause my car currently has the Takata death airbags that shoot metal into your face then you die. My guess is that I will be very bored, so I would appreciate it if you all could entertain me while I am there. Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
gently caress

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

get a job there for a couple of hours

what kind of car would you recommend for me, an internet man?

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
you

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
hector

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
beerlioz

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

play slither.io

curious lump
Sep 13, 2014

by zen death robot
:ocelot::grin:

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

knock knock

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

pee in the gas tanks

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Just watch this on loop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc8uyJTDhjw

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Go to one of the salesmen and pretend you're buying a car and when your car is done being worked on leave.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
wear a nice jacket and pretend you work there and offer a customer an incredible deal on a car

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Reenact goatse lol :xd:

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
A good time to catch up with your Tocqueville imo

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
What am I your slave? Entertain yourself gods drat it

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

Kuato posted:

What am I your slave? Entertain yourself gods drat it

The gods called. They say you don't represent them. :colbert:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
can I get your old airbag?

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
Don't wait around for it. Go somewhere and do something else for a while.

Source: I work in automotive and I hate it when people want to wait around for their car.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Serviette posted:

The gods called. They say you don't represent them. :colbert:

They told me something different. What a bunch of misleading charlatans

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Beefeater posted:

Source: I work in automotive and I hate it when people want to wait around for their car.

because it makes it harder for you to take the cars out for joyrides?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Who is there

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i sold my airbags cause i almost never crash

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Eat all the donuts

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Try to get a good deal on a trade-in, keep telling the salesman you've got new airbags so you think your car should be worth more than he's offering.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Beefeater posted:

I intentionally try to make automotive workers feel uncomfortable at any chance I get so thanks for the tip dickbag

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
LOL my Takata Death Bag swap was done in like 45 minutes.

Or maybe they just disconnected it or replaced it with a legit Claymore, I dunno and honestly I don't care because driving with a loaded shotgun in your face is liberating.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
snort lines of powdered creamer from the coffee station

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
suck a mechanic off while he changes a cars oil

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Mange Mite posted:

because it makes it harder for you to take the cars out for joyrides?

Yes, can't do burnouts in the parking lot if the owner is sitting in the shop. :mad:

Real answer is that I work at a small-ish shop so it's tough to cater to that. Getting a tech to drop everything he's already working on for one person who insists on waiting around for an oil change and tire rotation is a pain in the rear end.

We do it once in a while for regulars, but we get them to be here the minute we open so that the tech isn't already elbows deep in something else.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
punch an old person whos getting their car fixed in the face

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
OP have you considered maybe just chancing it instead of wasting your afternoon? high velocity metal bits into the face sounds like a pretty good way to go all things considered

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Like think about it. I'm driving a multi-ton death mobile usually 10 over the speed limit and any gently caress up has the possibility of either killing me or turning me into Eugene from Preacher.

That's pretty cool because for the former, LOL who gives a poo poo what happens, my brains just got splattered all over so later, shitlords. For the latter, Eugene is a pretty decent kid who just wants to be nice to people and chug his meat smoothies and that sounds like a pretty nice plan.

kicktd
Jul 6, 2007

The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Hello, around 2:30 est I will be at the Honda dealership getting my airbag replaced cause my car currently has the Takata death airbags that shoot metal into your face then you die. My guess is that I will be very bored, so I would appreciate it if you all could entertain me while I am there. Thanks in advance.

At least you're getting your death metal airbag replaced. I got the recall notice in the mail over a month ago for my VW that said they have no estimated time on when a fix will be available for my car :ohdear:.

Enjoy your new non-metal shooting death airbag!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

later, shitlords.
Bye :wave:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Where are you going to Carl??

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Tell us their customer-only wifi password so we can mooch off their wifi

The_end
May 17, 2014
test drive some cars.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My girlfriend got one of those letters and the letter's advice was to just not drive the car until they contact her to get it fixed. She called the dealer and asked when they were giving her a loaner and they never called back lol. :rip: girlfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kicktd
Jul 6, 2007

The trouble with weather forecasting is that it's right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it.

The_end posted:

test drive some cars.

And while doing this make sure to take the car sales man around town as you run errands such as getting groceries, going by the bank, stopping by Wal-Mart just to simply walk around and every time the car sales man says you need to get the car back to the car lot, look at him with a sad look and say "But I thought we were having so much fun and you were my friend!" and see how long you can string him along.

• Locked thread