Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Its Miller Time posted:

I had Theo Riddick go in the last round, 15, in a goon draft Wednesday. He went in the 7th in our draft. I think my favorite team is Dab Nation's:

QB: Cousins, Mariota, M. Ryan
RB: AP, Forte, J. White, Hyde, Hill, T. Coleman, McKinnon, CJ Prosise
WR: Jeffery, Watkins, Diggs, C. Johnson, M. Mitchell
TE: Barnidge, ASJ, Eifert
DST: Broncos

Yea that was me who took Riddick, i didn't want to take him so early but was basically going for upside PPR backs by then.

My teams p bleh also.

Should be set at QB and WR, but i would need my RB's to be consistent hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Nibbler posted:

It's really annoying drafting against people that aren't idiots, I'm not used to that.

I know, I was thinking of adding a Yahoo public league just to get the full pubbie experience.

I don't hate my team, but I know the WRs are going to be a struggle all year.

toybux
Feb 15, 2002

fuck you
i'm a quarterback
I haven't had a draft where the guy I wanted was taken the pick before mine so many times. It was painful. Overall this was one of the sharper drafts I've been in for a while, actually pretty fun (though would have been a lot more fun with two or three less snipes).

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

toybux posted:

I haven't had a draft where the guy I wanted was taken the pick before mine so many times. It was painful. Overall this was one of the sharper drafts I've been in for a while, actually pretty fun (though would have been a lot more fun with two or three less snipes).

Yeah I think it's gonna be a great season. No idea who will win. I hope I didn't gently caress up by grabbing Rodgers in the 5th

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

blue squares posted:

Yeah I think it's gonna be a great season. No idea who will win. I hope I didn't gently caress up by grabbing Rodgers in the 5th
The QBs were just too good to keep waiting on one after a point. I was really tempted to go after Newton/Wilson/Rogers when I still saw them on the board in the 4th round and had to convince myself to keep waiting. Then I'm on the clock in the 7th and Drew Brees is still there and it seemed like a no-brainer to me.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I didn't get an email with a draft grade (probably because I logged in with Facebook) and I don't see it on the site. I'm curious about mine. How do I find it?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

The waiver wire is so barren it's hilarious. There will be a single available player that goes off in Week 1 or 2 and someone will spend 80% of their budget. I hope we see some trades this year.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

blue squares posted:

I didn't get an email with a draft grade (probably because I logged in with Facebook) and I don't see it on the site. I'm curious about mine. How do I find it?

I couldn't find mine either and I didn't log in with Facebook. :iiam:

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I am hedging on Mr. Weed head and Derrick Henry to come through otherwise my roster is pretty lackluster.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

The season has officially started!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
Yeah, I cut him when the Ravens did. It didn't occur to me they would bring him back. I'm not thrilled by the whole ordeal

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The ESPN servers are down but I'm pretty sure I am crushing it so far

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Glad it's not just me. Mobile app seems to be working fine, though.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

oh gently caress yes

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
As your opponent, I'm less psyched about this situation.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.
Whoever plays blue squares better post the scoreboard next week if they're ahead.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Nibbler posted:

Whoever plays blue squares better post the scoreboard next week if they're ahead.

That'd be me playing him next week. Hopefully i will be ahead. heh

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm very disappointed in my two players that did not score a TD

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
My lovely auto draft landed me Tyrell Williams. Saves me some FAAB money!

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Holy poo poo what an intense first week. Thank you, Drew Brees and DeAngelo Williams, for being absolute monsters!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
I learned this week the best defense is no defense

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

Holy poo poo what an intense first week. Thank you, Drew Brees and DeAngelo Williams, for being absolute monsters!

Man i knew that last D.Will TD was gonna be the stab.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
RIP my fuggin RB's lol

anddddddd i'm trotting out Theo Riddick and Terrace West next week.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm down 58 but I think it's reasonable to expect Rodgers, Nelson, and Langford have a good shot at closing that gap

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

blue squares posted:

I'm down 58 but I think it's reasonable to expect Rodgers, Nelson, and Langford have a good shot at closing that gap

Please no. My RB situation is already in shambles, i can't take anymore.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

My team is looking up this week. C. Coleman, Decker and Gio all put up 25. I might be starting all 3 Jets receivers next week. I also have Vereen and Sims, who both had their starting RB go down. I will post a quick Monday night preview shortly.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

So far I've avoided any catastrophic injuries, so saying that I expect half my starting line up to go down next week.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CLOSING THE GAP

whatup Vietcampo

blue squares fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 20, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
:)

Now i have no idea wtf to do at RB,

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

VietCampo posted:

start trading

DeliciousMonster
Sep 2, 2007
I regret some things!
I'm 0-2 and very invested in the Seahawks offense. This, surely, is a coincidence.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I'm 2/3 in fantasy leagues again this week, this one being the loser this time around. I'll take it! Eagles D and Matthews almost made the comeback for me last night.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

VietCampo posted:

I have this Rashad Jennings deep sleeper....

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I lost 156 to 159.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I just blew half my budget on Dwayne Washington, lol.

My RB situation is looking p iffy atm, but i do have Theo Riddick, so having Washington is good. Depending on Moncreif, i may even end up starting both of them.

Also with benches being this deep, i'm not sure how often we will actually need to spend that much budget?

Just tell me i'm dumb.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 21, 2016

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

Dude if you haven't noticed the waiver wire is thin as poo poo so I think you're fine.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

At least you didn't leave 40 points on your bench

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

blue squares posted:

At least you didn't leave 40 points on your bench

I did, i started Moncrief over Travis Benjamin.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

If you don't leave points on your bench you're doing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Its Miller Time posted:

For those of you who are new, I write a weekly color commentary that covers each match and add some nifty statistics and charts at the bottom showing total points for each team, the average score each week etc.

So, Miller Time.... are you still planning to do this? It's one of the main reasons I joined this league. I get it, though, if actual real life stuff has you too busy.

• Locked thread