Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Last night I watched this really good documentary called I Am Big Bird and NASA had reached out to the puppeteer who performed as Big Bird from day one and asked if he would be interested in going to space, since he had already gone to China and there wasn't anywhere else further away for him to go. He discussed it with his wife who said basically go if you think it's the right thing, he was totally hype for it, really champing at the bit. Unfortunately NASA contacted him and said sorry mate, the Big Bird costume is just too bulky to send to space so we are going to send a teacher. I had no idea about this and straight up was like in shock upon learning we almost lost Big Bird. Could you imagine having to explain to your child Big Bird died right before their eyes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

That's bad, if the Big Bang died there wouldn't be the galaxy.

drunkelberger
Jun 8, 2014
Yeah except he could just loving fly safely to land once the shuttle blew up. Goddamn what a stupid thing to even be worried about

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey the message is clear: look what happens when you put a woman in space. :shrug:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
They were going to leave big bird on the moon

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Didn't the Big Bird guy diddle kids?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Yeah I did, I'm glad it didn't happen so parents didn't have to tell their children "Big Bird died horrifically as the very air in his lungs combusted and his blood boiled". That would've hosed me up as a kid.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Friginator posted:

that was elmo who also had a documentary made about him called being elmo

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Friginator posted:

That was Elmo and it was 16 and 17 year olds, which is legal or a gray area in most states.

E; here in Indiana we call it traditional

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

crazy, man. just like steve rannazzisi and the twin towers on 9/11

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Friginator posted:

No, you stupid loving reject.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Why do the mentally ill freaks on this forum work so hard to make every loving thread about pedophilia? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Smythe posted:

Why do the mentally ill freaks on this forum work so hard to make every loving thread about pedophilia? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Whoa buddy :chillpill:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Smythe posted:

Why do the mentally ill freaks on this forum work so hard to make every loving thread about pedophilia?
Is this a rhetorical question?

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Jesus Christ dude, I was just thinking of the wrong Sesame Street actor.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Yeah this is the one time where it was a pretty legit question lmao Oh my God I just farted and it smells like loving raw sewage holy poo poo am I dying

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Big Burned, Reads Alternate History Headline

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Friginator posted:

Jesus Christ dude, I was just thinking of the wrong Sesame Street actor.

This doesn't pass. https://www.google.com

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

chicken lady from KITH

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
I heard that the Challenger exploded because Reagan wanted it to be in space during his State of the Union so he could like do some cheesy salute to them during his speech (as it was described, NASA knew about the issues related to the cold loving up their o-rings and had already delayed launch a week but basically bowed to pressure from the White House when it came down to the absolute limit of getting it up in time for the 'stunt')

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

FYI those NASA fucks arnt telling us the whole story

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

numberoneposter posted:

FYI those NASA fucks arnt telling us the whole story

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
ive seen so much you wouldnt believe i know about hte moon

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

its a space truck meant to carry "science expirments?" yeah more like weather modification devices maybe or just plain old nukes and other black budget projects. just check out the funding from the years when the space shuttle did most of its launches almost on a weekly basis. SEE ANY BIG rear end HOLES IN THE BUDGET THOSE YEARS?!?!

you know operation corona where those NASA fucks launched spy sats under the guise of "experiments" too???

ssame poo poo different day.

TELL US THE drat TRUTH YOU NASA FUCKS.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

can we just talk about big Bird please

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

its a space truck meant to carry "science expirments?" yeah more like weather modification devices maybe or just plain old nukes and other black budget projects. just check out the funding from the years when the space shuttle did most of its launches almost on a weekly basis. SEE ANY BIG rear end HOLES IN THE BUDGET THOSE YEARS?!?!

you know operation corona where those NASA fucks launched spy sats under the guise of "experiments" too???

ssame poo poo different day.

TELL US THE drat TRUTH YOU NASA FUCKS.
It's too bad that NASA got infiltrated by Al Qaeda.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Celluloid Sam posted:

Sorry this thread is about pedophilia now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

big birds first wife hated his puppetry and was a real beehive but he asked the same woman out 4 times without even knowing it was the same woman and she finally said yes and they are so in love

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

big birds first wife hated his puppetry and was a real beehive but he asked the same woman out 4 times without even knowing it was the same woman and she finally said yes and they are so in love
Big bird was a real person? I thought he was just a character on the cartoon :confused:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sesame street is a Jim Henson production not a cartoon omg and I can remember his first name is Carroll but not his last name

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

sesame street is a Jim Henson production not a cartoon omg and I can remember his first name is Carroll but not his last name
Lewis I think

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

that would have been tragic op, im glad that crisis was averted and that teacher died instead

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Parallax Scroll posted:

that would have been tragic op, im glad that crisis was averted and that teacher died instead

this but unironically because I didn't sleep with a stuffed doll of that teacher for my formative years

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I hope that taught the teacher's students never to aspire to do anything of note.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
NASA lied, Big Bird fried

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Celluloid Sam posted:

lol yeah that dude was a loving creep

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

I don't think that's true

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

a hole-y ghost posted:

I don't think that's true

its not mentioned in the documentary but it all came out around the same time anyways seriously big Bird motherfuckers

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Celluloid Sam posted:

Smells like another NASA cover up to me. NASA bot over here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Big Bird was and still is a Big Nerd. sorry. Snuffy is awesome though.

• Locked thread