Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

psychokitty posted:

Big Bird was and still is a Big Nerd. sorry. Snuffy is awesome though.

without big Bird there would be no snuffleupagus he is his imaginary friend God kitty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Celluloid Sam posted:

without big Bird there would be no snuffleupagus he is his imaginary friend God kitty

i didnt say kill big bird or anything just he's a huge nerd

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
Now, with the power of https://www.google.com at my fingertips, I found out that Sesame Street did a five-episode arc about the devastation of hurricanes where Big Bird's nest gets destroyed. And they've rerun it twice, for both Katrina and Sandy. God, can you imagine being a toddler in the 2000s that just wanted to see Elmo tell jokes and suddenly for a whole drat month you get mourning and panic and loss?

Though I like the fact that there's some guy writing for Sesame Street who's writing really dark episodes. I like to imagine that this particular guy has like, a desk drawer full of scraps of paper with ideas for episodes he's jotted down that were rejected for being too dark. He feels like he's not being allowed to get his ideas out. He feels like he's being suffocated by all their cute little songs and games that get in the way of his art. But one day he'll get that promotion and things will change on Sesame Street. Oh, yes. Things will change.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

they did an episode about Mr Hooper passing away and big Bird calls him.mr looper and that's funny but I still cried as a kid

Syntax Erin
Jan 1, 2012

Steve Jobs was also considering joining the Challenger mission. That would be an interesting alternate universe.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
Didn't Steve Jobs diddle kids?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

God drat you goons jus talk about sesame street

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

i liked when herbie hancock was on sesame street

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Celluloid Sam posted:

God drat you goons jus talk about sesame street
can we just post Berstrips, because those loving rule

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

symbolic posted:

can we just post Berstrips, because those loving rule

Was he gonna take a picture :confused:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Celluloid Sam posted:

Last night I watched this really good documentary called I Am Big Bird and NASA had reached out to the puppeteer who performed as Big Bird from day one and asked if he would be interested in going to space, since he had already gone to China and there wasn't anywhere else further away for him to go. He discussed it with his wife who said basically go if you think it's the right thing, he was totally hype for it, really champing at the bit. Unfortunately NASA contacted him and said sorry mate, the Big Bird costume is just too bulky to send to space so we are going to send a teacher. I had no idea about this and straight up was like in shock upon learning we almost lost Big Bird. Could you imagine having to explain to your child Big Bird died right before their eyes?

Yeah thank god we lost a lovely teacher instead

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

Was he gonna take a picture :confused:
you could say he was trying to get the perfect shot, yes

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Microwaves Mom posted:

Yeah thank god we lost a lovely teacher instead

once again while any loss of life is sad I do not think that her death had the impact of a nationally televised death of a children's icon would have

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Celluloid Sam posted:

once again while any loss of life is sad I do not think that her death had the impact of a nationally televised death of a children's icon would have

Yeah it would've been like Santa Claus dying on national tv

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Could you imagine all of the dumbass soccer moms with pixie haircuts angrily writing letters to NASA about not doing rocket science good enough all because their stupid loving baby encountered death in a very intimate way right in front of their mom's fat no sex having asses?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Smythe posted:

Why do the mentally ill freaks on this forum work so hard to make every loving thread about pedophilia? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Smythe please don't let GBS get to you so soon you're doing a good job

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Holy poo poo Smythe calm the gently caress down.

e: like can you stop handing out 3 day probations for posts that do not in any way break the forum rules? That would be cool, you tantrum throwing baby.

E2: haha good job probing Beerlioz for an obvious joke you thin skinned idiot bitch.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 11, 2016

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I have to be honest, op. it would of been really tragic but really hilarious at the same time.

tralarious

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoshi posted:

e: like can you stop handing out 3 day probations for posts that do not in any way break the forum rules? That would be cool, you tantrum throwing baby.

E2: haha good job probing Beerlioz for an obvious joke you thin skinned idiot bitch.

chill out friend

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
why dont you name your child big bird in remembrance of an event that didnt happen

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Ryoshi posted:

:ironicat:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I wish I got invited to go to space, loving puppeteers get everything :mad:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Linux Pirate posted:

I wish I got invited to go to space, loving puppeteers get everything :mad:
the puppet master defense DOES work

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

shhhh guys I'm seeing if I can get probated for mod sass like the rules actually exist or I need to guess which topic Smythe has a bug up their rear end about today, please don't spoil it for me

no fair on friginator guessing "molestation by people in bird costumes" in one go, I feel like he had insider help there

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
bipolar mods???

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Yeah keep acting like those NASA fucks did nothing wrong. :rolleyes:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

They should of sent Grover, I've seen that puppet explode in a fiery rocket crash a million times before.

Wait maybe it was Gonzo.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoshi posted:

shhhh guys I'm seeing if I can get probated for mod sass like the rules actually exist or I need to guess which topic Smythe has a bug up their rear end about today, please don't spoil it for me

no fair on friginator guessing "molestation by people in bird costumes" in one go, I feel like he had insider help there

you say this like the last 5 mods we've had haven't totally just tried to enforce their own personal fiefdom with 0 care to what the rules actually are. Where were you when people were getting 6 hrs just for saying the word 'oval office' or when poo poo talking a pit bull would catch you a probate?

In fact, that was my whole deal during that FYAD thing when you dudes just went 'lol Mori havin a meltdown' so kinda hoisted on your own petard there.

Also, it's this rule:

quote:

Before you reply: Before replying, please ask yourself the following question: "Does my reply offer any significant advice or help contribute to the conversation in any fashion?"

If you can answer "yes" to this, then please reply. If you cannot, then refrain from replying.

yes that is subjective but that I imagine is the point of it really

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 11, 2016

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Isn't op Canadian? Is it Big Loon up there?

That'd be an improvement

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I for one welcome our Russian Roulette moderator.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also is defending pedo jokes really the hill you wanna die on?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

smythe is better than genesplicer

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

shh, let him it'll be funny

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

you say this like the last 5 mods we've had haven't totally just tried to enforce their own personal fiefdom with 0 care to what the rules actually are. Where were you when people were getting 6 hrs just for saying the word 'oval office' or when poo poo talking a pit bull would catch you a probate?

In fact, that was my whole deal during that FYAD thing and you retards just went 'lol Mori havin a meltdown' so kinda hoisted on your own petard there.

Also, it's this rule:

yes that is subjective but that I imagine is the point of it really

No other mods that probated random poo poo like Smythe has been doing have lasted long at all, and I have no idea who you are but lmfao if you think I know or care about your past fyad drama

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

That joke was pretty obviously a joke about Smythes reaction than a joke about pedophilia but sure context doesn't mean anything

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoshi posted:

No other mods that probated random poo poo like Smythe has been doing have lasted long at all, and I have no idea who you are but lmfao if you think I know or care about your past fyad drama

oh well basically a bunch of admins decided it would be funny to dick with GBS and get tons of posters probated/banned for saying FYAD is dumb and I went 'but... what about the rules?' in QCS and they all laughed at me and said 'gently caress the rules we do what we want' essentially

so there you go

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

oh well basically a bunch of admins decided it would be funny to dick with GBS and get tons of posters probated/banned for saying FYAD is dumb and I went 'but... what about the rules?' in QCS and they all laughed at me and said 'gently caress the rules we do what we want' essentially

so there you go

it was funny tbh

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

okay cool so you agree then that the mods should be beholden to the rules and smythe should stop handing out 3 days for no reason, cool we're in agreement, sorry about your persecution?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Smythe how dare you offend the sensibilities of the very even keel and not hair on fire reactionary poster ryoshi?

How do you sleep at night?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

it was funny tbh

it was!

I'm just tryin to help that dude out and show him where his argument will lead

Ryoshi posted:

okay cool so you agree then that the mods should be beholden to the rules

I agree with that. I just dunno that Smythe has done anything wrong here?

• Locked thread