Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
becker ripoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Orkin Mang posted:

becker ripoff

quote:

Dr. John BeckerCJacobs goes through his daily routine of being a doctorforum poster, stopping at his favorite dinersubforum, and other various situations, all the while hating life and everything around him.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Orkin Mang posted:

becker ripoff

look at this fuckin guy

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hostile territory

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the blind guy is black. double whammy

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I've gotten used to it. I think it's just the end credits music?.

Oh poo poo, house got shot

I bet it's just allergies though. Slap a nicotine patch on the wound and 20ccs of adrenaline stat. :downs:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I bet it's just allergies though. Slap a nicotine patch on the wound and 20ccs of adrenaline stat. :downs:

I see you and I share an alma mater ;)

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Bananana posted:

barely knew her. incidentally, im a yale man

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
one might say i went to loving yale

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Bananana posted:

Whuuuuuuuu? :confuoot:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh yeah this loving episode. Where house cures a dude but cuddy doesn't tell him!

So mad about that

Ugh and Wilson's justification is awful. "He got lucky, next time he might kill someone" it's a shot of cortisol! It had no risks otherwise cuddy wouldn't have bothered

And telling him no sets him back down Vicodin alley

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 17, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That episode's ending made me frustrated. I get that we're supposed to be on House's side and think that Wilson and Cuddy are being unfair to him, but Cuddy's character is just all over the place. It's not in line with her character to try curing the guy, whether it's a harmless quick jab or not, and then it's even moreso to not tell House about it so he can do that "stare past the camera while blinking and not saying anything" thing.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'd be more on board to agree with them if his crazy idea was actually dangerous. I think the tone is all hosed up too if you're riding in on the coattails of the season 2 finale where everyone was agreeing with him on everything (cause everyone was a hallucination) ((but even then he was right cause HE advocated the ketamine treatment))

So it feels like everyone is disagreeing just to do it and cuddy even mentions that he's sober and wants to help so that's her reason for shutting him down.

Teaching house to learn to accept no is probably Valuable but there will always be more cases to push that agenda. Wilson's advocacy to keep silent about it seems like he's still upset at house for
... Not being miserable?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Better would have been to kill the guy and that teaches house to be cautious. But being cautious almost killed foreman? The writers are slipping bad already

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wilson tries to give house Vicodin then says "you're not always right house. You've proven that lately". gently caress you Wilson!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol @ the ep where cameron thinks she might have AIDS so she takes a bunch of MDMA and Chase immediately bangs her

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

vols bitch posted:

idiots make this show its not even about a house

a hospital is like a house

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

lol @ the ep where cameron thinks she might have AIDS so she takes a bunch of MDMA and Chase immediately bangs her

Chase did what I would do.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

The Bananana posted:

Chase did what I would do.

I wonder if that makes him a Bug Chaser

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

idgi

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Quote-Unquote posted:

lol

They always treated Lupus as a joke disease and then my uncle died of Lupus. Kinda sucked.

Not watched House in YEARS. Wasn't there an episode where some faith healer kid is in the hospital and House cures him and goes, "Lol, there's no God." And the kid goes, "Yeah and he sent YOU to heal ME so I'm still the best." or some poo poo? lol, gently caress off, kid.

And Chase kisses that cancer girl on the lips and everyone acts like he finger-banged her. Guess they could only show a peck on the lips and he was meant to have deep tongued her? idk. Then house makes her cry disproving his theory that she couldn't cry and he cuts her open anyway. hahahah.

loving love this show.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Drunken Baker posted:

Not watched House in YEARS. Wasn't there an episode where some faith healer kid is in the hospital and House cures him and goes, "Lol, there's no God." And the kid goes, "Yeah and he sent YOU to heal ME so I'm still the best." or some poo poo? lol, gently caress off, kid.

Yeah but then it turned out that he had syphilis or something and it was making him hallucinate about god :owned:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yeah but then it turned out that he had syphilis or something and it was making him hallucinate about god :owned:

Yeah that was season 2. He also had a strange hep c variant that attacked cancer and have Wilson's cancer patient he was sleeping with false hope cause he "faith healed " her and her cancer shrunk, temporarily

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Yeah that was season 2. He also had a strange hep c variant that attacked cancer and have Wilson's cancer patient he was sleeping with false hope cause he "faith healed " her and her cancer shrunk, temporarily

Legends of wild viruses

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Married couple same symptoms. House leaves a thermometer up a guys rear end in clinic. I think the guy is the future detective? I don't remember. Thought that guy was black for some reason

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Uggghhh detective man is so annoying, I hate when characters stick around way longer than they should just to be like "house you are deffo not as cool and unique and smart as you think you are, let me remind you of this periodically for my duration on the show by being the only person who is a dick to you"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah dude is an aggressive dick too. Basically argues that he can be a bully too!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
And it seems like a huge conflict of interest to even let him arrest house since he's been antagonized and is antagonizing

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The cop arc seems like their answer to losing the hospital lawyer and they wanted to * punish him* for his addiction but the cop is a boring bully, a terrible adversary, and doesn't pin anything illegal house does, re mal practice, etc versus his obsession with his vicodin

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Detective Tritter is nutso and it was real annoying that he gets the last word and gets to dick over all House's buddies even though they have literally nothing to do with his grudge!

edit: Also, he goes on near the start about how House doesn't care about anything, his work, his friends, nothin... and then he starts targeting all House's friends anyway even though he knows House won't care??? idgi

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

CJacobs posted:

Detective Tritter is nutso and it was real annoying that he gets the last word and gets to dick over all House's buddies even though they have literally nothing to do with his grudge!

edit: Also, he goes on near the start about how House doesn't care about anything, his work, his friends, nothin... and then he starts targeting all House's friends anyway even though he knows House won't care??? idgi

Yeah lmao. Dude is definitely crazy. They waited too long to have detective tritter drop the "everybody lies" line on foreman. If he was actually threatening and not annoying and managed to get under houses skin it might be an interesting play

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Shoulda done Columbo vs House

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
I liked Foreman's ex-convict brother more than Foreman. I wish they would have kept him around longer.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
While season 3 might not be the best season, Hugh laurie loving slays it this season

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

monkey posted:

What? No way!

House 1 has Norm from Cheers, Bull from Night court as zombie Vietnam vet, and the Greatest American Hero. The only way anyone could like House 2 is if they never saw the original, 2 has an actual 0% on rottentomoatoes..

yeah it was a turd and i really didn't expect anyone to reply to my post. the first one even succeeded at being scary, especially the waiting at the door scene.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The post trial ep with the rape victim who wants to talk to house is a decent non formula one

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

PallasAthene posted:

I liked Foreman's ex-convict brother more than Foreman. I wish they would have kept him around longer.

I liked Foreman when he was on ER and jumped under a train.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

how hasn't the mouse bites gif been posted yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

SEX BURRITO posted:

I liked Foreman when he was on ER and jumped under a train.

I liked Foreman when he got stabbed on the toilet in Scream 2

• Locked thread