Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think we as the viewers are supposed to be on Chase's side and see Cameron as a hypocrite... but the end of the episode kind of contradicts that? Maybe that's when we're supposed to turn on mean ol House or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

CJacobs posted:

"You've turned him into a copy of you, guy who is vastly intelligent and always correct even through unorthodox methods! This is the worst thing that could happen to him!"

Not to mention she obviously had, and still has a thing for house, so.........

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

CJacobs posted:

I think we as the viewers are supposed to be on Chase's side and see Cameron as a hypocrite... but the end of the episode kind of contradicts that? Maybe that's when we're supposed to turn on mean ol House or something

the Audience is supposed to know she--in fact, all of the cast--is hosed up in some way or another, but to help us out, they have her come back after a long absence to gently caress chase one more time, during a visit where she wanted him to sign their divorce papers. lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Heh, I forgot that Olivia Wilde finally gets a spot on the title credits like 3 episodes before she leaves the show, and then an entire season without her happens with her name still in the title credits

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I don't think I ever saw the ep with red foreman as the dad of the piano savant. Dudes a good actor

that's the one where dave matthews plays the retarded guy

you also get to see hugh laurie bust out his actual piano skills

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Nirvikalpa posted:

I'm watching season 1 again but the women's eyebrows all look terrible.

There have been great advances in eyebrow science between then and now.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like Chase was 100% in the right there killing a genocidal mass murderer lol

Like yeah do no harm but you're telling me if that was literally Hitler sitting there you'd do your best to save him nah bitch nah

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah she's super hypocritical about it. Lame

Also lame, Chase cutting his beautiful mane

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lucas' actor [who was the private detective] is named michael westen and burn notice started around this season. Always weird setting

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also get to watch the characters go from flip phones to iPhones

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
House goes from playing a PSP to a PS Vita lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I'm not going to lie to yall

I'm gonna be dead serious for a moment...

I know its cheesy and hackneyed, but...

I almost... sort of.. I mean... not cried, but.. like--maybe some dust got in my throat or eyes or something--just the tiniest bit,

during the episode where house takes care of Wilson and his ex's dog, Hector, and house spends the whole episode trying to kill or get rid of hector, and then at the end, he's sad to see the dog go, and the dog limps away, after taking a vocdin, and then turns to look back at house...

ahem. fake and ghey, I know. but it kinda gets me.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
They've really turned the music licensing up to factor 10 by season 7.

Also the graphics on level 3

Houses psych in season 6 is the chief of police in Brooklyn 99. That's great

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Last Chance posted:

That's what really irked me about this show, as good as it is. No balls to do anything remotely different for a season. How about a heroin-addicted House has to perform illegal medicine for a New Jersey mob or something in order to keep scoring each week?

I guess the show didn't have the budget to facilitate new sets every year or something.

Season 6 was really good IMO. but as I've started season 7 I'm already getting really unnerving "this is getting bad, not in a good way" vibes.

Season 6 house is off Vicodin the whole season, attending therapy, and really trying this best to do the right thing and be a better friend and etc.

But season 7 is... Giving me bad de ja vu. I haven't finished the first episode of it though. I'm in new territory though. I stopped watching at the end of season 6

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Bananana posted:

I'm not going to lie to yall

I'm gonna be dead serious for a moment...

I know its cheesy and hackneyed, but...

I almost... sort of.. I mean... not cried, but.. like--maybe some dust got in my throat or eyes or something--just the tiniest bit,

during the episode where house takes care of Wilson and his ex's dog, Hector, and house spends the whole episode trying to kill or get rid of hector, and then at the end, he's sad to see the dog go, and the dog limps away, after taking a vocdin, and then turns to look back at house...

ahem. fake and ghey, I know. but it kinda gets me.

I feel you my man I feel you

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Just started the ep where Donna from That 70s Show started bleeding from the mouth

Which must've been around the time she ditched the show to play Karla Homolka for that flop banned movie

That's my daily House update. Will sleep through the end of this episode as I do with many others

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

Also lame, Chase cutting his beautiful mane

Hey yeah what the gently caress is this

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Season 6 was really good IMO. but as I've started season 7 I'm already getting really unnerving "this is getting bad, not in a good way" vibes.

Season 6 house is off Vicodin the whole season, attending therapy, and really trying this best to do the right thing and be a better friend and etc.

But season 7 is... Giving me bad de ja vu. I haven't finished the first episode of it though. I'm in new territory though. I stopped watching at the end of season 6

Seasons 7 and 8 are where the formula really wore thin on me. Reminder/spoiler of the dumb season 7 finale where House drives his car into Cuddy's house. Bleh.

The prison episode at the beginning of s8 was kinda fun, but they immediately get House, the convicted violent offender back into medicine for another year! Ugh.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
nah Chase is hotter with short hair

e: from a bit of a distance

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like long hair Chase

But short hair Chase is stone cold at least.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Chase is probably my favorite character in the later seasons of House because he just does not give a gently caress about any soap opera drama.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Cuddy's mom is so annoying, the worst character ever

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Holy loving poo poo season 7 is a HUGE drop in writing, dialog, everything

Wow

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Lucas' actor [who was the private detective] is named michael westen and burn notice started around this season. Always weird setting

Also that actor shows up in burn notice!

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

CJacobs posted:

House goes from playing a PSP to a PS Vita lol

Wasn't he playing Metroid with an Atari soundtrack?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The writing has gotten so bad I out diagnosed House this episode.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Season 7 is about where the show's writers probably went "well we have to keep it going somehow I guess"

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I'm on the last season of House. I can definitely see the formulaic approach making it feel played out but for me it's more how they are going to string two illnesses around with the fake out. The first illness if never the real illness.

I liked the rehab episodes, but I really really hated the rapping guy, out of all the people House fucks with he doesn't gently caress with him.

And drat, Chase is stone cold. On a date
"Am I boring you?"
"Unfortunately, yeah. Sorry"
Gives zero fucks.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
This classroom career day episode in season 7 is pretty radical

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lmao cuddys sitcom nightmare about house raising Rachel. I wish I could find the clip online

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Hey guys I'm watching house but it's a bunch of Sailor Moon japanese girls and a creepy cat when does the bad British doctor take over ???

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lmao that ending about the homeless guy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lmao that ending about the homeless guy

I love how it just ends with "D:"

and then it is never ever talked about again, never ever, forever lost to the oath of "previous week's events" secrecy

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ugh I heavily disagree with master's decision to amputate that girls arm

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Really hosed up. She went from "I won't cheat on my lumbar puncture" to completely shattering this woman's life. Zero to House in 45 minutes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm surprised Cameron didn't pop out of some element of the background like a cartoon character to be like "Look what you've done, House, you ruined her too! :qq:"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The back half of season 7 is definitely better.

The front half is god awful

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Really hosed up. She went from "I won't cheat on my lumbar puncture" to completely shattering this woman's life. Zero to House in 45 minutes

I really disliked her. I found her entire gimmick was "I'd rather kill every single patient so long as it is by the rules". Glad she quit medicine. Trail of bodies would have followed her career. If anything, season 8 is pretty much her fault. Cuddy and House wouldn't have had nearly the amount of fall out if it wasn't for her meddling.

I'm also noticing that people call each other idiots a lot at work.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like the Younger woman in the beginning of season 8.

Season 8 is strange so far though. Chase has facial hair. It's been a year and House gets almost everything back. Not a parody so much as a strange commentary imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Goddamnit guess I have to watch House all over again, thanks dipshits

• Locked thread