Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
They have some trash theme song instead of massive attacks teardrop.

I stopped watching the show after the lipstick episode. I heard the end sucked?

Let's talk about house like it's 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
wait they don't ave teardrop anymore why the gently caress not

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Prob something loving stupid like Massive attack asking --- God forbid -- for royalties

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Paper is a doing word

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's been on there for years, I rewatch it now and then. It is a good show with a crappy last season.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i dont give a poo poo

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

house 2 was better it had that zombie cowboy and cliff from cheers

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
the ending to house is awesome. watch the last episode.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

CJacobs posted:

It's been on there for years, I rewatch it now and then. It is a good show with a crappy last season.

Nierbo posted:

the ending to house is awesome. watch the last episode.

Getting mixed signals here

How good bad is it compared to the last season of Dexter versus breaking bad

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Casa, Emma Dey: Malo o bueno?!? Vote aqui

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I jumped into season 2 and the Mexican kid gets his hand amputated and it seems like they should have just cut off his two fingers?

Oh well

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I jumped into season 2 and the Mexican kid gets his hand amputated and it seems like they should have just cut off his two fingers?

Oh well
In for a penny, in for a pound

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Getting mixed signals here

How good bad is it compared to the last season of Dexter versus breaking bad

Well it's good in that it goes totally insane and they embraced it, but it's bad because it makes almost no sense

The whole last season basically turns house into a parody of his own character and it felt real weird and off to me.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
I love my Dead Gay Son

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
The first three seasons were great. It became really hit or miss after that. And the show ends with House and Wilson literally riding off into the sunset. Laaame.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I liked House even the last season but it's funny that bridges got burned so badly with the actress who played Cuddy that she didn't even come back for the last episode as a hallucination when even Kumar showed up for a few minutes

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

Vastarien posted:

The first three seasons were great. It became really hit or miss after that. And the show ends with House and Wilson literally riding off into the sunset. Laaame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CLYK2_HgdU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Aralan posted:

I liked House even the last season but it's funny that bridges got burned so badly with the actress who played Cuddy that she didn't even come back for the last episode as a hallucination when even Kumar showed up for a few minutes

Wait what happened?

I think I stopped watching about the start of the season where he was in jail or something? It just started getting really stupid

First 3 seasons were great though, then each felt progressively more terrible.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I've seen every episode of House and liked pretty much all of them and I also have no idea what happened to Cuddy's actor. It was super abrupt.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Xaris posted:

Wait what happened?

Her contract was up after 7 seasons and they knew 8 was going to be the last by the time she left, she jumped ship instead of renewing the contract after the possibility of a pay cut (to the tune of hundreds of thousands less per episode) came up.

Aralan posted:

Kal Penn's death-by-job-at-the-white-house-irl is one of the silliest things to happen on the show, he is never even mentioned again after that episode outside of his hallucination cameos in 2 or 3 eps. It's just crazy how quickly they totally removed his character from existence.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Aug 12, 2016

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I like that Cuddy's sudden disappearance was mentioned like one time throughout the remainder of the show. lol

House: Where's Cuddy?
Foreman: She left because you drove your car through her house. I run the hospital now.
House: Oh. OK.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

CJacobs posted:

Kal Penn's death-by-job-at-the-white-house-irl is one of the silliest things to happen on the show, he is never even mentioned again after that episode outside of his hallucination cameos in 2 or 3 eps. It's just crazy how quickly they totally removed his character from existence.
lol I haven't watched it in forever, but I don't even think he was in the episode where he killed himself it was just "welp the Indian doctor killed himself, didn't see that coming"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Aralan posted:

lol I haven't watched it in forever, but I don't even think he was in the episode where he killed himself it was just "welp the Indian doctor killed himself, didn't see that coming"

Well, it opens with Foreman and Thirteen going to his house, iirc I think you see like... an arm that looks vaguely indian sticking through a doorway, a pool of blood, and a gun. So, close!

I love House, it's one of my favorite TV shows, but god drat they are desperate to maintain the status quo every time they change it up.

edit: lol apparently the patient of the week on that episode was Meat Loaf. Sick.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Houses hallucination dream things of cuddy as a stripper were my first TV induced boners

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is that the one about the doctor with downs syndrome? Like the inverted doogie howser?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

CJacobs posted:

I love House, it's one of my favorite TV shows, but god drat they are desperate to maintain the status quo every time they change it up.

House was on that weird early 2000s cusp where they were just figuring out that pressing the reset button every episode is kind of dumb and hey you can actually have continuity to your show!!! But they still mostly just hit the reset and felt a bit lame

They did shake things up with the cast-- I actually liked Jennifer Morrison so I wasn't real happy with how they did that. I ended up liking 13 eventually and Kal pen was good until :suicide: but otherwise ehhhh..Did they just not want to pay them as much after a contract was up or something?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Kal Penn left the show because he became an official spokesperson for the Obama administration, I don't know why Jennifer Morrison left and tbh I didn't actually notice she was gone. I've actually been rewatching the show lately because I've been sick with nothing else to do, and man, you can really feel the decline starting to happen around season 5-ish. Season 3 is imo the perfect House season, they really hit their prime there.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
I did a House binge while robotripping and I was convinced I had every illness known to man. It was really scary. A+ would recommend.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Xaris posted:

House was on that weird early 2000s cusp where they were just figuring out that pressing the reset button every episode is kind of dumb and hey you can actually have continuity to your show!!! But they still mostly just hit the reset and felt a bit lame

They did shake things up with the cast-- I actually liked Jennifer Morrison so I wasn't real happy with how they did that. I ended up liking 13 eventually and Kal pen was good until :suicide: but otherwise ehhhh..Did they just not want to pay them as much after a contract was up or something?

That's definitely thr problem. If house maintained story arcs like later 2000 shows with some formula episodes thrown in would've been aced

Hugh Laurie carries the gently caress out of the show

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hugh Laurie's performance really is most of the reason to watch House. His ability to maintain an american dialect is just crazy.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

CJacobs posted:

Hugh Laurie's performance really is most of the reason to watch House. His ability to maintain an american dialect is just crazy.

it blew my mind when i heard hugh laurie speaking his native british accent

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Xaris posted:

it blew my mind when i heard hugh laurie speaking his native british accent

It blew my mind when Bertie Wooster was suddenly speaking American on a doctor show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk7pk58Bq4Q

This is a great series. Watch it!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's even better cause at one point Hugh Laurie does an American version of a British accent, when he could have been lazy and just dropped the american accent.

I forgot that he doesn't always save the patients. The black kid with the radioactive metal thing, does not survive

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Hey the Dean of Medicine is dead you know? Fell off a cliff and died on impact.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
what about : a show called fullest house where its full house but fat people

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Take a shot every time a character says "you're jerking me around", "i'm being jerked around", or similar. The writers loving love that phrase and I have no idea why because I've never heard it said anywhere outside of the show. It pops up in almost every episode.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orkin Mang posted:

i dont give a poo poo

haha

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

60 loving 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I loving love House, M.D. formulaic though it may be.

• Locked thread