Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I'm on the last season of House. I can definitely see the formulaic approach making it feel played out but for me it's more how they are going to string two illnesses around with the fake out. The first illness if never the real illness.

I liked the rehab episodes, but I really really hated the rapping guy, out of all the people House fucks with he doesn't gently caress with him.

And drat, Chase is stone cold. On a date
"Am I boring you?"
"Unfortunately, yeah. Sorry"
Gives zero fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Really hosed up. She went from "I won't cheat on my lumbar puncture" to completely shattering this woman's life. Zero to House in 45 minutes

I really disliked her. I found her entire gimmick was "I'd rather kill every single patient so long as it is by the rules". Glad she quit medicine. Trail of bodies would have followed her career. If anything, season 8 is pretty much her fault. Cuddy and House wouldn't have had nearly the amount of fall out if it wasn't for her meddling.

I'm also noticing that people call each other idiots a lot at work.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I did like how season 8 was him was getting bored by the diagnostics of his own patients and more interested in trying to keep his friend alive. He straight up abandons the practice because Wilson became his case of sorts - deep friendship was what interested him the most. It was almost like House had become human.

They did sort of sloppily make Chase the new head of diagnostics. He was sort of just there with the rest of the team until some point where they wanted him to abruptly separate himself from the herd. I'm guessing the writers got wind it was the last season around that time in season 8 and elected to have his arc end with replacing House. Like Cameron so feared.

Cameron's story never really ended though. They made her super damaged, damaged her further, have damaged break up sex. Then give her a family in the last episode - probably
with dead husband's sperm.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
They sort of cover the way House cares for people with the episode where Chase got stabbed. How Chase knew that House couldn't show it the conventional way but would step into the room pretending to be indifferent as a way to peek in. With how often people said House didn't care about his patients he did have a habit of popping into patients rooms when things seemed dire. It just seemed like he wanted his team to do what they could first before he came in as a last resort - considering fellowships were supposed to be about training doctors to stand on their two feet I don't think it was ever really properly addressed. Whenever a patient was going to do something that would put them in harms way in such a way that even House wouldn't be able to save them he would pay a special visit himself to ensure their safety. He put his medical license on the line several times even when he already knew the diagnostic reason why the patient was ill. Yet everyone around him seemed too dense to realize this until the last season.

That being said they did give him way too much wiggle-room and having Cuddy praised for "handling House" is a logical fallacy, at the very least. All she did was let her personal feelings for him cost the hospital much needed funding, damage millions in equipment, and divert several more than capable doctors from helping other patients with his pet projects. While House was often right to break hospital rules, Cuddy was pretty flaccid in her way to try to curb his destructiveness and channel his gifts. Foreman did a far better job in his short time there.

They also did mention Cuddy in the last episode, they also have a good reason for her not to be there - he did endanger her and her daughter. Good reason not to show up to the funeral. Even if the real reason is just that the actress didn't want to be there.

• Locked thread