Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's been on there for years, I rewatch it now and then. It is a good show with a crappy last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Getting mixed signals here

How good bad is it compared to the last season of Dexter versus breaking bad

Well it's good in that it goes totally insane and they embraced it, but it's bad because it makes almost no sense

The whole last season basically turns house into a parody of his own character and it felt real weird and off to me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Xaris posted:

Wait what happened?

Her contract was up after 7 seasons and they knew 8 was going to be the last by the time she left, she jumped ship instead of renewing the contract after the possibility of a pay cut (to the tune of hundreds of thousands less per episode) came up.

Aralan posted:

I liked House even the last season but it's funny that bridges got burned so badly with the actress who played Cuddy that she didn't even come back for the last episode as a hallucination when even Kumar showed up for a few minutes

Kal Penn's death-by-job-at-the-white-house-irl is one of the silliest things to happen on the show, he is never even mentioned again after that episode outside of his hallucination cameos in 2 or 3 eps. It's just crazy how quickly they totally removed his character from existence.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Aug 12, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Aralan posted:

lol I haven't watched it in forever, but I don't even think he was in the episode where he killed himself it was just "welp the Indian doctor killed himself, didn't see that coming"

Well, it opens with Foreman and Thirteen going to his house, iirc I think you see like... an arm that looks vaguely indian sticking through a doorway, a pool of blood, and a gun. So, close!

I love House, it's one of my favorite TV shows, but god drat they are desperate to maintain the status quo every time they change it up.

edit: lol apparently the patient of the week on that episode was Meat Loaf. Sick.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Kal Penn left the show because he became an official spokesperson for the Obama administration, I don't know why Jennifer Morrison left and tbh I didn't actually notice she was gone. I've actually been rewatching the show lately because I've been sick with nothing else to do, and man, you can really feel the decline starting to happen around season 5-ish. Season 3 is imo the perfect House season, they really hit their prime there.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hugh Laurie's performance really is most of the reason to watch House. His ability to maintain an american dialect is just crazy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Take a shot every time a character says "you're jerking me around", "i'm being jerked around", or similar. The writers loving love that phrase and I have no idea why because I've never heard it said anywhere outside of the show. It pops up in almost every episode.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Robokomodo posted:

I really dig the 2parter where he's in the nuthouse. And Jennifer Morrison is super loving hot. Like, whoa.

That episode and the others where they throw the formula out the window are the best ones imo. The early episode where he's teaching a bunch of students and uses his own leg problem as the mystery of the week for them to solve, and none of them are able to solve it, made me :smith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There's one episode where a guy working on Cuddy's roof is the patient of the week, and during the cold open she chugs some water too fast and there's a drama stinger chord and slow zoom as she chokes on it for half a second :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hugh Laurie has always said that his american accent is his impersonation of George Clooney. So, I don't know if that clears anything up at all but there you go.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
One thing I've never understood is how the hell does Taub get all the women, I don't understand, he's five feet tall, balding, and a plastic surgeon

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

thathonkey posted:

wow the thing we thought was wrong with the patient was actually a red herring and what's wrong with the patient is actually this other thing haha ok start the ptient on such and such medication :downs:

-- literally every episode is this

Watching House for the patient-of-the-week mystery is a fool's errand

Zzulu posted:

What's the lipstick episode?

Season finale of season 5 and the episode before it. Fantastic episodes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I bet they made part 1 with the intention of killing him off and then by the time they were making part 2 realized they probably shouldn't do that

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Bananana posted:

who was never caught.

I never got over this. Literally the only time he ever comes up again is in the first 10 minutes of the next episode, when Cameron mentions that he got away and nobody ever found him. what the hell

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That episode screams "we have all this budget left over for props and it's just gonna go to waste if we don't use it by the end of the season!" to me, and I'm perfectly ok with that :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Orkin Mang posted:

becker ripoff

quote:

Dr. John BeckerCJacobs goes through his daily routine of being a doctorforum poster, stopping at his favorite dinersubforum, and other various situations, all the while hating life and everything around him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That episode's ending made me frustrated. I get that we're supposed to be on House's side and think that Wilson and Cuddy are being unfair to him, but Cuddy's character is just all over the place. It's not in line with her character to try curing the guy, whether it's a harmless quick jab or not, and then it's even moreso to not tell House about it so he can do that "stare past the camera while blinking and not saying anything" thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Uggghhh detective man is so annoying, I hate when characters stick around way longer than they should just to be like "house you are deffo not as cool and unique and smart as you think you are, let me remind you of this periodically for my duration on the show by being the only person who is a dick to you"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Detective Tritter is nutso and it was real annoying that he gets the last word and gets to dick over all House's buddies even though they have literally nothing to do with his grudge!

edit: Also, he goes on near the start about how House doesn't care about anything, his work, his friends, nothin... and then he starts targeting all House's friends anyway even though he knows House won't care??? idgi

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That episode kept drawing me out of it because I could only see him as red foreman, I bring great shame to actors whose media I consume

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Something I also noticed upon my rewatch is that there's always a winter episode where at the end it's snowing and there's a sad song playing, and everyone is happy but scrooge House. Granted, it works on me every time and I always feel bad for him, but drat it's a cheap trick

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Last Chance posted:

If the show had any balls, Dr. House would have graduated to a full-on heroin junkie by season three or so and there'd be a two parter where he robs a bunch of people and pharmacies.

Unfortunately they didn't gather the guts to pull this until right at the very end, after the show's prime. :sigh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Has it? I fuckin love House even though I have acknowledged many of its flaws itt. Not everything is black and white you goony goon

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

" deflecting" has begun. Season 3 ep 22

You must be jerking (me around)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

What the gently caress? This episode has teardrop in the intro

There are two or three episodes that just randomly have the normal intro instead of the EU one. Enjoy it, it's like when you order a 3-piece chicken strips and get 4 of them

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lol they do CPR on this woman for three hours?

I wonder what they talked about. Did they eventually get someone to turn on the TV or put on some CPR-in' music or something

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
iirc the only guy she ever makes out with on the whole show is Foreman lol

edit:

I'm watching season 6 and chase is a good singer, I am glad the writers gave him a chance to show off his pipes by making the b-story for this episode weird as all hell

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 22, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man, I like Taub. It makes me sad how hard his character gets shafted regarding his former spouse-cheating lifestyle because he and Foreman are like the only two characters on that show that are... like... normal people, intentionally. Everyone else has something wrong with them or has some tragic past that keeps coming up or some other drama related to them but Taub is just Taub. It's refreshing.

edit: But even then, in the Kutner suicide episode they imply that Taub once tried to kill himself and it's like why?? Why can't he just be a normal guy with no dark troubled past??

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The episode where three girls Chase hooked up with band together to photoshop a pic of him to have a micropenis and put it online in revenge is a beautiful piece of television

edit:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 23, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Drunken Baker posted:

loving knee-capped, dude!

No no, that happened before the events of the show

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would like to play Def Jam: the Fight for Princeton Plainsboro

edit: House would be a good beginner player because of the cane's extra reach, but with a high skill ceiling so that players who really want to learn the character can still fight against the higher-tiers

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What I'm saying is, I wish House had beaten people up with the cane more. It happens like one time and even then he just golf swings it into a fat dude's gut and that's like picking on the short kid at recess.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Just gonna throw it out there but I would probably not have sex with someone that I just saw get a lungful of HIV+ blood in their eyes and mouth.

It's ok, in this universe nobody can ever come down with a long lasting disease unless they're the patient of the week so you're totally safe.

edit: Except for that one episode where 13 is sexing with a lady and the lady has a stroke or something. Maybe you're not safe if it's one of the main characters. I'd try wilson instead :q:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah, once I noticed that the show's color tone changes based on the tone of the episode, I immediately gained the ability to spot when something sad was about to happen.

Fun fact about the episodes where house is hallucinating on drugs, they're filmed with shakycam instead of on stationary cameras and that's probably on purpose

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I have reached the point where Foreman and Taub become roomies and it is heartwarming at the same time as it is weird as hell.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cameron is full of poo poo about house poisoning Chase and destroying his ability to tell right from wrong. She's just completely full of it. Dude was gonna kill way more people.

"You've turned him into a copy of you, guy who is vastly intelligent and always correct even through unorthodox methods! This is the worst thing that could happen to him!"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I think we as the viewers are supposed to be on Chase's side and see Cameron as a hypocrite... but the end of the episode kind of contradicts that? Maybe that's when we're supposed to turn on mean ol House or something

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Heh, I forgot that Olivia Wilde finally gets a spot on the title credits like 3 episodes before she leaves the show, and then an entire season without her happens with her name still in the title credits

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
House goes from playing a PSP to a PS Vita lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Bananana posted:

I'm not going to lie to yall

I'm gonna be dead serious for a moment...

I know its cheesy and hackneyed, but...

I almost... sort of.. I mean... not cried, but.. like--maybe some dust got in my throat or eyes or something--just the tiniest bit,

during the episode where house takes care of Wilson and his ex's dog, Hector, and house spends the whole episode trying to kill or get rid of hector, and then at the end, he's sad to see the dog go, and the dog limps away, after taking a vocdin, and then turns to look back at house...

ahem. fake and ghey, I know. but it kinda gets me.

I feel you my man I feel you

• Locked thread