Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

For some reason, the news people thought it would be appropriate to crop his picture at the neck

This is quite a story, and the more you learn, the crazier it gets. Especially the media response and the backstory, it's just :psyduck:

So this bible-toting Republican State Representative, Scott Schwab who has repeatedly voted to screw over people on welfare, disenfranchise voters, and made it far more difficult for women in Kansas to acquire abortions and birth control, experienced a little "birth control" of his own when he took his kids to the Schlitterbahn waterpark in Kansas City, Kansas.

quote:

Verruckt — which in German means "insane" — features multi-person rafts that make a 168-foot drop at speeds of up to 70 mph, followed by a surge up a hump and a 50-foot descent to a finishing pool. Since the accident, investigators have removed netting that was held in place by supports above the 50-foot section from the hump to the finishing pool.

The bible-thumping family were actually going to give the Schlitterbahn a miss on the day after church, but the sun came out at just the right time and they decided to head out. Little Caleb and his brother wanted to ride together, but the weight requirement meant they had to ride with 2 strangers instead. This led the precocious young scamp to say this to a worker at the park:

quote:

“The little boy said to a worker, ‘I just saw my little brother die because of one of your attractions

Fortunately, for all of you who need to get the skinny on this story and don't have the time to do your own research, Heavy.com has the Five Fast Facts You NEED to Know!

Of course their neighbours and friends gave some powerful words of sympathy to the family

quote:

“As a baseball family there are no words to describe the pain in our hearts to lose one of our baseball brothers

However, you'll all be pleased to hear that Kansas kept to its strong belief in the power of free market capitalism - The park reopened less than 72 hours after the accident.

quote:

The park reopened Wednesday, except for a large section that includes the waterslide. Although its towering profile greets visitors as they drive through the entrance, access to Verruckt is blocked by a 7-foot-high wooden fence.

On a hot, midweek day, business at the park was steady although there were no lines for other rides.

Schlitterbahn spokeswoman Winter Prosapio told The Associated Press outside the park's entrance Wednesday that the company was not discussing Sunday's tragedy out of respect for the family.

She said she could not offer immediate perspective about how Wednesday's turnout compared with typical attendance.

"We didn't know if we'd get five people, 15 people. But this is affirming," she said.

Hey, decapitated kids don't keep the lights on! And Kansas needs all the money it can get these days. with governor Sam Brownback and the state's legislature backing Tea Party policies that have ravaged the state's economy and finances.

quote:

Pulling a cooler behind her, 42-year-old Sara Craig said she was a bit uneasy bringing her 14-year-old son, Cale, and one of his 13-year-old friends to the park Wednesday.

"I feel guilty having fun when a family is hurting so badly," she said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
hosed up if true

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i too am liberal scum that is happy that a person from a different political party lost a child in a bizarre accident

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785825

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There's another post on the front page about this very thing you asswipe

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

vols bitch posted:

i too am liberal scum that is happy that a person from a different political party lost a child in a bizarre accident

lol

1) I'm voting Trump biznitch (although I was a Sanders supporter before shilldawg won)

2) I'm not happy that they lost a child it's just....so loving hosed THE gently caress UP

everything about it. The decapitation, the random German names, the bible-thumping state rep., the brother lackadaisically telling the worker he just watched his bro die on their ride.

The waterpark actually REOPENING less than 3 days later.

People ACTUALLY ATTENDING THE WATERPARK after it reopened 3 days later.

A white trash lady dragging a cooler of natty light behind her while her kids swim yards away from where the child of one of the people keeping her dumb and impoverished was beheaded mere hours ago.

Fuckin' Kansas.

The Saurus fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Aug 12, 2016

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Teikanmi posted:

drat, what a shame that lazy gently caress wasn't willing to put in as much effort as I was with my OP, then his thread might not have turned out so shittily. As it is he's probably siphoned all the interest about this towards his crappy thread but had such a low effort OP that it didn't become hilarious and full of photoshops and gifs of the kids head bouncing around and flying off into orbit and stuff.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

The Saurus posted:

For some reason, the news people thought it would be appropriate to crop his picture at the neck

This is quite a story, and the more you learn, the crazier it gets. Especially the media response and the backstory, it's just :psyduck:

So this bible-toting Republican State Representative, Scott Schwab who has repeatedly voted to screw over people on welfare, disenfranchise voters, and made it far more difficult for women in Kansas to acquire abortions and birth control, experienced a little "birth control" of his own when he took his kids to the Schlitterbahn waterpark in Kansas City, Kansas.

The bible-thumping family were actually going to give the Schlitterbahn a miss on the day after church, but the sun came out at just the right time and they decided to head out. Little Caleb and his brother wanted to ride together, but the weight requirement meant they had to ride with 2 strangers instead. This led the precocious young scamp to say this to a worker at the park:

Fortunately, for all of you who need to get the skinny on this story and don't have the time to do your own research, Heavy.com has the Five Fast Facts You NEED to Know!

Of course their neighbours and friends gave some powerful words of sympathy to the family

However, you'll all be pleased to hear that Kansas kept to its strong belief in the power of free market capitalism - The park reopened less than 72 hours after the accident.

Hey, decapitated kids don't keep the lights on! And Kansas needs all the money it can get these days. with governor Sam Brownback and the state's legislature backing Tea Party policies that have ravaged the state's economy and finances.

haha between this and people climbing evererst, competing in the olympics etc the shardenfraud is delicious lately

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
don't worry, OP. Tort reform in Kansas will make sure the water park comes out of this virtually unscathed

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

thats how we do in kansas, baby. we aint no friggin crybaby wussyboys. someone dies havin fun? well, isnt that the best way to go out ?

and what, if someone dies in a car accident, are we just not gonna drive for a week? gimme a freakin break, people !

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

OP will never be the head of a head head :smuggo:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You really got a head of this news story OP.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Teikanmi posted:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
kids dead mang

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

The Saurus posted:

drat, what a shame that lazy gently caress wasn't willing to put in as much effort as I was with my OP, then his thread might not have turned out so shittily. As it is he's probably siphoned all the interest about this towards his crappy thread but had such a low effort OP that it didn't become hilarious and full of photoshops and gifs of the kids head bouncing around and flying off into orbit and stuff.

Fight me

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Seems you'll never post a thread on a major decapitation

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

vols bitch posted:

:same:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

this sucks. the op sucks. it all sucks.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

satanic splash-back posted:

this sucks. the op sucks. it all sucks.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
that head would probably make for a great game of nine-pins

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i imagine that schwab will have no problem letting the free market dictate the fate of the waterslide

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

The Saurus posted:

lol

1) I'm voting Trump biznitch (although I was a Sanders supporter before shilldawg won)

2) I'm not happy that they lost a child it's just....so loving hosed THE gently caress UP

everything about it. The decapitation, the random German names, the bible-thumping state rep., the brother lackadaisically telling the worker he just watched his bro die on their ride.

The waterpark actually REOPENING less than 3 days later.

People ACTUALLY ATTENDING THE WATERPARK after it reopened 3 days later.

A white trash lady dragging a cooler of natty light behind her while her kids swim yards away from where the child of one of the people keeping her dumb and impoverished was beheaded mere hours ago.

Fuckin' Kansas.

what the hell is wrong with you

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

vols bitch posted:

what the hell is wrong with you

are you from Kansas?? none of this seems as shocking to you as it does to me

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The Saurus posted:

are you from Kansas?? none of this seems as shocking to you as it does to me

did you hit your head or something??

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
:regd08:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Lol op thinks putting more effort makes his posts better

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

The Saurus-

I'm with the Society for Excellence in OPs, a 501c3 organization that fosters and promotes outstanding Original Posts. I wanted to inform you that you've been nominated for our annual "opie" award which recognizes the year's most informative and timely OP. Your 'Republican State Rep's child decapitated on the World's Tallest Waterslide' post was submitted numerous times to our review board. I speak for the board, as well as myself, when I say that it was one of the finest works of original posting we've seen. Please let me know if you'll be able to attend our awards ceremony, held this year on Dec. 15th in Opolis, Kansas. Thanks!

-Anthrovore

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
Guess he'll never be the head of a major political party!!

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i remember the thread that was posted about this when it happened and is still on the first page

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
the best part of the story is the one witness's description where she saw the slide come down with only two people on it, then the boy's headless body floating behind with a trail of blood

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I wonder if there's a special heaven for the kid

like instead of St Peter at the pearly gates he's greeted by Vic Morrow and a couple of Vietnamese kids

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

i guess hell never get head at a major corporation

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yes this definitely needed to have a second thread created about it god drat youre dumb as bricks op

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
slip sliding away,
slip sliding awaaaaay
you know the nearer the netting
the more your head slip sliding away

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Voted 1 and moved on. Terrible OP

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
op, please, kill youre self

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
vols bitch

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i like how people are still going to the park like 'well yeah someone was decapitated the other day but you know gotta splash in that KS river water'

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Anthrovore posted:

The Saurus-

I'm with the Society for Excellence in OPs, a 501c3 organization that fosters and promotes outstanding Original Posts. I wanted to inform you that you've been nominated for our annual "opie" award which recognizes the year's most informative and timely OP. Your 'Republican State Rep's child decapitated on the World's Tallest Waterslide' post was submitted numerous times to our review board. I speak for the board, as well as myself, when I say that it was one of the finest works of original posting we've seen. Please let me know if you'll be able to attend our awards ceremony, held this year on Dec. 15th in Opolis, Kansas. Thanks!

-Anthrovore

thank you senpai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
can we get 3-4 idiot threads about some dumb kid eating it please.

Sticky them all

• Locked thread