Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Get KFC it is much better than Popeyes. This is an objective and indisputable fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
remember to get a schmitter from mcnally's while you're in town

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I like popeyes. Churchs is also acceptable. However i am white. And i have to drive into the barrio for churches, but not for popeyes.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Nathilus posted:

I like popeyes. Churchs is also acceptable. However i am white. And i have to drive into the barrio for churches, but not for popeyes.

If you drive into the Barrio get some fuckin tacos, man

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

texaholic posted:

I live in san antonio. I want tacos i just walk 100 feet in any direction. There are 4 good taquieras within a mile of me. One even gives you free sopapillas with your tacos!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nathilus posted:

Each of these is almost always located in trash neighborhoods. I'm too scared to drive in there. It's not a barrio tho.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

texaholic posted:

Every black person I know from New Orleans says the farther away from the orginial popyeyes in new orleans you get the worse popeyes chicken gets, it is probably complete rear end in boston btw....

My Boston Popeyes buddy is a nawlins import and sez the kenmore location compares favorably to the original and is also better than any DC location.

MYTH BUSTED

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Darth123123 posted:

Each of these is almost always located in trash neighborhoods. I'm too scared to drive in there. It's not a barrio tho.

Its just the barrio here cuz my city's theme is hispanic land. Its still functionally ghetto.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

tenspott posted:

Get KFC it is much better than Popeyes. This is an objective and indisputable fact.

actually untrue

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

tenspott posted:

You loving idiot... Mods??

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I do the same thing when I travel op I get the shrimp po boy

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Trying to think of a case where KFC beats out Popeyes and so far all i can come up with is youre Whitey White and afraid to go to the hood to get your grub on. Or maybe you pulled a $5 KFC gift card at teh church raffle

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

tenspott posted:

Lol, wtf. I'm not much for fried chicken but even I know this is wrong.

texaholic posted:

The thing about worse neighborhoods goes for taqueria's as well. The higher the chance of random stabbings. The better. Someone back me up here.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

JakeP posted:

how many black people you know from new orleans? I really need to understand the sample size here before I can really consider this post. Also how many popeyes did these black persons visit, and what is the radius of visits from the original popeyes???

I have had popeyes in Philly, NJ and CT and it was all p good. Haven't had popeyes in Mass but I assume its the same as CT NJ and Phlly :shrug:

I'm not black, but have eaten red beans and rice and chicken from the popeye's that takes up the entire first floor of a high rise on Canal St. in new orleans. can confirm. Popeyes was good in Arkansas. It's ok here in colorado, we tend to get Church's now when it's time for the greasebomb.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

church's has fried okra

that is all

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
While fried chicken in America may have started as a southern slave food, it's deliciousness now unites races and classes. Dark or fair, poor or rich, there is no wrong in enjoying well seasoned crispy fried chicken.

Unless it's dredged in artisanal flour and marinated in single-sourced buttermilk and costs like $26. In that case gently caress you culturally appropriating food hipster.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i feel like there's no way fried chicken wasn't a thing before 1700s 1800s Southern America

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

don't forget to order this crack-like poo poo to pile on top of your food OP:

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Moridin920 posted:

i feel like there's no way fried chicken wasn't a thing before 1700s 1800s Southern America

George Washington Carver the master of peanuts used peanut oil to fry chicken first, dude basically invented fried chicken!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
put myself through college dancing under the name 'cajun sparkle'

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Rivethead posted:

don't forget to order this crack-like poo poo to pile on top of your food OP:

IT'S FAAAAAAAAABULOUS!!!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

texaholic posted:

George Washington Carver the master of peanuts used peanut oil to fry chicken first, dude basically invented fried chicken!

way better than that other rear end in a top hat george washington who invented cutting down trees

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Booblord Zagats posted:

Spicy darkmeat meal. Dirty Rice and beans and greens for your sides
This is the only possible choice I think

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
dont forget to get diarrhea from your lovely popeyes

just kidding the biscuits are pretty good

but you are gonna get diarrhea

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
Spicy dark meat, mashed potatoes OR cajun fries, biscuit.

Dirty rice is just OK - but those fries man... OH THOSE FRIES.

They are battered man. Battered fries.

Thunder Moose fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 12, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

texaholic posted:

Nah though

quote:

The first dish known to have been deep fried was fritters, which were popular in the Middle Ages. However, it was the Scottish who were the first Europeans to deep fry their chicken in fat (though without seasoning). Meanwhile, a number of West African peoples had traditions of seasoned fried chicken (though battering and cooking the chicken in palm oil). Scottish frying techniques and West African seasoning techniques were combined by enslaved Africans and African-Americans in the American South.

and there's no way Asians weren't doing it too.

Basically anything 'slave culture' is actually from West Africa, those people didn't just come from a vacuum.

The_end
May 17, 2014
I would get a spicy breast, and wing with a side of red beans and rice. For a bonus treat, crumble the biscuit up into a glass of milk and drink it down.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

The_end posted:

I would get a spicy breast, and wing with a side of red beans and rice. For a bonus treat, crumble the biscuit up into a glass of milk and drink it down.

Spicy breast

Huh huh

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Look at these yanks that don't know poo poo about chicken or biscuits.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Did op ever get his rest stop glory hole bj or what?!

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Jimlit posted:

Look at these yanks that don't know poo poo about chicken or biscuits.

ikr bojangles or nothing

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
If the OP is too far away. We can get chicken at Popeyes off the lehi, highland exit off I-15. It's not chunky chickens though.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Most rest stops around here only have vending machines, restrooms, and gay trucker sex.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The closest popeyes to my apartment is 5 miles away on Martin Luther King Blvd. I love that place. I have to drive past a Church's and a Brown's on the way too, it's like all these false fried chicken prophets tempting me before I get to the promised land.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.

texaholic posted:

Every black person I know from New Orleans says the farther away from the orginial popyeyes in new orleans you get the worse popeyes chicken gets, it is probably complete rear end in boston btw....

That actually makes perfect sense at face value, but then the worst Popeyes I visited was in Mississippi and the best was in Alaska :shrug:

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Booblord Zagats posted:

Thats bullshit, the actual law of popeyes is as follows

The worse the neighborhood, the better the popeye's

If you are in a bad neighborhood why get friend chicken from popeyes when there are going to be 10 dives with better chicken?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

OctoberBlues posted:

Did op ever get his rest stop glory hole bj or what?!

ya, and im going back again tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

Did op ever give his rest stop glory hole bj or what?!

JakeP posted:

ya, and im going back again tonight

• Locked thread