Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
My absolute favorite is Year One. "Yes, Father. I shall become a bat." Gives me goosebumps every time. Best part for me though is the part where he crashes the dinner party. I swear I read this story once a month and enjoy it each time.

While it gets poo poo on a lot, I do enjoy The Killing Joke, especially the ending with the dumb joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Dario the Wop posted:

Never read Kevin Smith's Batman: The Widening Gyre.

I don't plan on it. I'm not a huge fan of Kevin Smith aside from his arc on Green Arrow.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ferrule posted:

I like that weird run in the 80's-90's with KGBeast and NKVDemon as goofy as they were.

I was just re-reading these issues! Loved them.

They were among some of the first Batman issues I owned. My dad bought them for me when I was a kid.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'll loving fight you right now.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The first episode of Telltale's Batman is free at the moment.

For just Steam or X-Box One?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Roth posted:

I played it on Steam. It's pretty good, probably the first Telltale game I've been really interested in playing the rest of since season 1 of Walking Dead.

I'll look on X-Box Live when I get home and see if it's free for Episode 1.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

So how long until this spins out of control and ends with someone actually posting that they bought it after selling their car?

Two weeks?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'm liking this story-arc 100 times more than Red Hood.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Ironic, given Rebirth is all about going back to the pre N52 versions.

No I'm pretty sure it's about incorporating pre-N52 elements into the current iteration of the DC universe, ie. Wally coming back, Oliver and Dinah getting together, pre-N52 Clark and Lois, etc.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The point still stands, there's nothing stopping King from introducing a clean Bane.

Once an addict, always an addict. Who's to say that he wasn't slipped some Venom somewhere in the past behind the scenes and now he's addicted all over again?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Why do they have to? It's a logical possibility. King can tell the story however he and DC wants. That's why he's the author. Just because it doesn't meet your specific brand of expectations doesn't mean it's a terrible story. That's just your opinion. I quite enjoyed this story-arc and the future possibilities. Just like I hate Red Hood and you get your dick hard off it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Maybe it's Matt Hagen or one of the other Clayfaces!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Here's to the glorious return of Clayface III!

I get confused as to which ones are alive. I'm used to Hagen because of the cartoon.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Today's Batman is fantastic. Definitely King's best issue.
I hope he gets to tell a few more relaxed little stories like this in the future.

Yeah I absolutely loved it, but I've really enjoyed all 15 issues of Batman since the Rebirth issue so...:shrug:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Anyone have images from the original Batman/Catwoman origins to compare? Guessing her's is from Year One.

Yeah hers is definitely from Year One.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

purple death ray posted:

Sorry, thread. For not posting for a while.

Here's some dope poo poo from Batman 17

Im really hoping the cracks in the ground are meant to indicate that this is the return of the Key So Heavy Only Superman Can Lift It that used to open up the fortress back in the day...

I think this is exactly what it indicates!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I hate that yellow outline. It should be the oval bat-symbol with the yellow or the bigger black bat symbol.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Holy poo poo. I just read Batman. Absolutely loving amazing. The comparison pages with Bruce and Bane as children were fantastic. Batman is quickly becoming my favorite DC title.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yeah if Detective is going to be a team book, they need to remove Batman from the equation. He just overshadows everyone else. And the fit just isn't right.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

fadam posted:

Batman is going to be dynamite this week boyos.

Batman comes out this week?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I really enjoyed this last issue of Batman. Great filler issue. The Batmobile scene was hilarious.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Oh my god. That last issue of Batman was fantastic!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

redbackground posted:

Well why don't you marry it!

It's not legal.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Dammit! I keep on trying to drop Detective and it keeps on sucking me back in. First, Zatanna! Now, Azbats!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

purple death ray posted:

Why would you try to drop the best book DC is publishing right now?

Hmmmm...are we now talking about Superman, the best book DC is publishing? I didn't think we were.

Why am I trying to drop Detective? Because I don't really like it anymore?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Autism Sneaks posted:

Well there's no accounting for taste, but if you're going to single out DC's best book right now Superman barely makes a top five, if even

I was really just being an rear end because someone was sorta giving me poo poo for having my own opinion to drop a title.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

:shrug: I really liked this story. I thought that the fact that Batman was about to kill the Riddler being the thing that makes Joker laugh again was fitting.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

What. The. gently caress.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

SMP posted:

Good god when was Black Mask a childhood friend?

I don't know the exact issues, but BM's parents hated Bruce's parents yet still wanted to maintain their social standing. So they forced him befriend Bruce. I'm pretty sure it was pre-N52.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Did i make a horrible mistake by buying all of the new 52 Detective comis run? This first tony daniel's issue says yes i did.

I borrowed volume 1 from my local library and I hated it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Edge & Christian posted:

Even that is kind of weird, according to Maggin:
Jeph Loeb (according to Jeph Loeb) came up with the title for one of the best Silver Age Superman stories.

Is that story in Superman #247?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Onmi posted:

I'm also Eh on his Green Lantern. He had some interesting concepts for Kyle, but making Nero when Effigy was right there (And better in my opinion) and the change of Kyle's personality never sat well with me. I also hate the new costume, but I'm not sure that was so much his fault.

I did not like his GL at all. And his Green Arrow was very meh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Please go on.

drat! sounds like someone needs to go take a doodoo

• Locked thread