Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Every great CC thread begins with resources. So I'll be happy to provide you with some.

Michael Caine says it's easy. Just don't blink.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMRufBXhCY

COMEDY:
Because Something Awful is full of funny people, I'll begin with some great comedy acting tips:
Tips For Becoming a Successful Comedy Actor

Comedy Acting Tips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS3KMtNGCT4

BBC's Comedy Acting Advice

--
I have no real acting experience.

I've been a singer/musician onstage for decades. I know how to enunciate, speak from the diaphragm, make my voice carry. I've done one or two lovely videos.

Like any creative attention whore, I've done a few things here and there over the years, but I've watched enough indie films and youtube videos to think, "Jesus how hard can it be? Show up, wait for somebody to say action, and act like what you're saying really matters. Right?" I DID audition for a web series, but I couldn't stop giggling when they were shooting because I was so excited to do it. How the hell do you get over that?

TELL ME HOW TO ACT ON CAMERA. Have you acted in film? Short film? Youtube? I remember SA Alum Brandon Hardesty used to post his movie re-enactments. Does he still post on here? Tell me your experience; tell me what it takes to land a role in a short film, video, blockbuster, whatever. Post your videos, or videos you were in. Sure, plenty of trolls will rip your work to shreds, but the good news is, people will be looking at you.

So here we go. If you act, if you ever acted, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I know right!? Great!

• Locked thread