Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Zereth posted:

According to glancing at their forums, if you are at least level 21 and have 10 points in two trees, you unlock a combo class which doesn't give you more skills or access to a new tree, just some passive bonuses. But not for every combination. The only one I know of is Vandal + Elementalist = Battlemage but I'm not sure the translation of Vandal is correct since it was from a pre-release post and I haen't had a chance to play.

Spoilers I guess, but here's a link to the German wiki that has the full list. It's pretty understandable via google translate. http://wiki.sureai.net/Enderal:Klassensystem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
The class bonuses are minor enough that you probably shouldn't plan your build around them. I only got a class around level 70 after filling out three perk trees and having nothing else to spend points on, for example. I guess adding classes for all other possible combinations is a good idea for a mod, though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zelmel posted:

Spoilers I guess, but here's a link to the German wiki that has the full list. It's pretty understandable via google translate. http://wiki.sureai.net/Enderal:Klassensystem

"Strengthens Crawl and handed.
Your bwegt you considerably quieter and receive an additional 10% chance to critically hit."
Sweet.

Mygna posted:

The class bonuses are minor enough that you probably shouldn't plan your build around them. I only got a class around level 70 after filling out three perk trees and having nothing else to spend points on, for example. I guess adding classes for all other possible combinations is a good idea for a mod, though.
Glancing at the list magic does seem a bit underrepresented in the combos while the melee classes have multiple combos with each other.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

How is magic? Vanilla skyrim destruction is kinda terrible, is enderal's better?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

I've played this for a few hours now and I want to say it reminds me of the Gothic series? It has that same janky but interesting and deep Euro RPG feel to it. The voice acting is a bit amateurish but it does the job and some of the actors are definitely better than what Skyrim had.

It has also reminded me of just how terrible something as basic as moving around feels like in these Bethesda games

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

it is like 80% gothic from what I've played so far, down to the levels giving you 5 LP and requiring trainers to boost your skills. hell the first area just outside the starter dungeon reminds me of walking down from xardas' tower in gothic 2.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Mortimer posted:

How is magic? Vanilla skyrim destruction is kinda terrible, is enderal's better?

It's not significantly different from Skyrim. All of the basic spell types are basically the same, just with rebalanced costs and damage/duration/power. Biggest differences are probably the summons, which obviously use different creatures, plus the addition of mark & recall. The five spell schools are grouped into three perk trees, one for destruction, one for alteration & restoration and one for illusion & summoning, all giving roughly the same benefits as the perks in regular Skyrim (and various more exciting powers to replace shouts).

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Mygna posted:

It's not significantly different from Skyrim. All of the basic spell types are basically the same, just with rebalanced costs and damage/duration/power. Biggest differences are probably the summons, which obviously use different creatures, plus the addition of mark & recall. The five spell schools are grouped into three perk trees, one for destruction, one for alteration & restoration and one for illusion & summoning, all giving roughly the same benefits as the perks in regular Skyrim (and various more exciting powers to replace shouts).

are they scaled to be not terrible though? I kinda want to go pure mage, but pure mage in skyrim was really really bad. I read that the entropy tree wasn't as good as the other two.

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
Well I haven't played skyrim in about 5 years, almost got beated to death on the boat, couldn't figure out the first puzzle and ended up clipping into a wall and am stuck forever.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Mortimer posted:

are they scaled to be not terrible though? I kinda want to go pure mage, but pure mage in skyrim was really really bad. I read that the entropy tree wasn't as good as the other two.

Some of the spells at least seem to have stronger versions of them (rank 2 and 3 and so on) so it might be fixed? Magic is really powerful at the start but I have no idea how it's going to scale.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

kikkelivelho posted:

Some of the spells at least seem to have stronger versions of them (rank 2 and 3 and so on) so it might be fixed? Magic is really powerful at the start but I have no idea how it's going to scale.

I am kind of in a state of analysis paralysis. At level six, so far magic has been pretty powerful and even though I took an assassin skill of 2.5x damage for stealth kills I have yet to actually sneak attack anything. I have no idea what direction to go. I haven't meditated since the first time I was required to.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

kikkelivelho posted:

I just finished the game as a pure destruction/alteration mage, so that's certainly doable. Now I can do it again as a melee tank going after the other companion and ending, I guess.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I feel conflicted about Enderal. I loved Nehrim to death, mostly because in many ways it felt like a brand new game and was different enough from Oblivion (also better in many ways).

However after dumping ~14 hours into Enderal, it feels like Skyrim with a new coat of paint.

A few questions to people have been playing for awhile:

- In Nehrim there were a ton of unique hand placed gear, that were fairly well hidden. Unfortunately all i am finding is feels like skyrims random loot system where i am drowning in random set magical items. Is there unique items?

- Do dungeons and enemies get more interesting? I have seen a few neat dungeons with some puzzles, but the vast majority of dungeons just feel like they were copy and pasted from skyrim.

- Is sneaking broken? I have ~40 skill in sneaking, and wearing light leather + the buff. I cannot get in range to backstab anyone, without them turning around the instant i get near them.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

I'm at work and thus cannot test any of this out, but can anyone give me an idea of how tough of an install this will be with my currently 50-70 modded version of Skyrim? Is it as easy as making a new blank profile in MO, unsubscribing from the single workshop mod I have, and disabling ENB?

I'd like to eventually go back to modded Skyrim after awhile, so I'm curious what if anything I'm going to need to do to make it work properly. Does the installer just do everything for me? It seems like the answer is yes, but at the same time I can't believe it's that easy.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

UberJumper posted:

I feel conflicted about Enderal. I loved Nehrim to death, mostly because in many ways it felt like a brand new game and was different enough from Oblivion (also better in many ways).

However after dumping ~14 hours into Enderal, it feels like Skyrim with a new coat of paint.

A few questions to people have been playing for awhile:

- In Nehrim there were a ton of unique hand placed gear, that were fairly well hidden. Unfortunately all i am finding is feels like skyrims random loot system where i am drowning in random set magical items. Is there unique items?

- Do dungeons and enemies get more interesting? I have seen a few neat dungeons with some puzzles, but the vast majority of dungeons just feel like they were copy and pasted from skyrim.

- Is sneaking broken? I have ~40 skill in sneaking, and wearing light leather + the buff. I cannot get in range to backstab anyone, without them turning around the instant i get near them.

I'm only a few hours in, but I've found a lot of what I'm pretty sure was hand placed Armor Set stuff. The dungeons mostly feel random, though they're a lot less linear than Skyrim's "follow this line to the end, then find a shortcut back to the start."

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Absolutely all items are hand-placed, the devs just put in multiples of every set item so you still have a chance at getting a full set without clearing literally every single dungeon. There are some truly unique weapons to be found later in the game, though.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Since SKSE is built into Enderal, I decided to see if a few SKSE plugins work. So far I've tried Crash Fixes (with the alternate malloc memory fix), Bug Fixes, Better Jumping, Better Stealing, and Enhanced Camera.

They all work so far, but I haven't gotten far enough into the game to claim that better stealing works right (by removing the stolen flag if you aren't caught.)

Later, I plan to give a few utility Skyrim mods a whirl, namely Autosave Manager, Imaginator, and Jaxonz Positioner. Possibly wearable lanterns too, but that may be pushing it.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I've noticed that so far this version of the game does not gently caress around with combat. The first wolf I ran into nearly murdered my rear end.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

not sure this is really evocative of "medieval fantasy" but okay

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

well I mean, I don't think the outfit is impossible with medieval technology.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

FutonForensic posted:

not sure this is really evocative of "medieval fantasy" but okay

The ship you're on at the beginning has a cannon on it, so I'm guessing it's not purely medieval.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

kikkelivelho posted:

I've played this for a few hours now and I want to say it reminds me of the Gothic series? It has that same janky but interesting and deep Euro RPG feel to it. The voice acting is a bit amateurish but it does the job and some of the actors are definitely better than what Skyrim had.

It has also reminded me of just how terrible something as basic as moving around feels like in these Bethesda games

It is pretty dang sad that Skyrim's VA work is so wooden. I don't even think it has anything to do with the actors themselves, something about how conversations are set up in Oblivion and Skyrim (and to some extent Morrowind) makes even good actors come off as newcomers to the profession. From what I've heard in this mod, the only issue beyond a few stilted performances seems to be the translated-from-german lines they have to read.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Anyone know what i am supposed to be doing in old sherath? I killed the big boss, a giant tunnel spider. But it just leads to a more or less empty room.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

UberJumper posted:

Anyone know what i am supposed to be doing in old sherath? I killed the big boss, a giant tunnel spider. But it just leads to a more or less empty room.
Did you try jumping down the well in the room after the boss?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

UberJumper posted:

Jump.

Soks
Apr 1, 2006
lol internet
Has anyone found a cast-when-key-pressed mod that works with the powers you gain from this game's skill tree?

Tried Hotkeys++ and Grimy's Utilities thus far, neither seem to consider them spells, thus don't work with them.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

kedo posted:

I'm at work and thus cannot test any of this out, but can anyone give me an idea of how tough of an install this will be with my currently 50-70 modded version of Skyrim? Is it as easy as making a new blank profile in MO, unsubscribing from the single workshop mod I have, and disabling ENB?

I'd like to eventually go back to modded Skyrim after awhile, so I'm curious what if anything I'm going to need to do to make it work properly. Does the installer just do everything for me? It seems like the answer is yes, but at the same time I can't believe it's that easy.

First thing the installer will do is move all of that stuff into a back up file. I haven't tried switching back yet but it was that easy to get Enderal going on my super modded skyrim.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Nehrim is honestly one of my favorite RPGs of the mid-2000s. I hope this is more of the same or somehow better, get that poo poo

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Squiggle posted:

Nehrim is honestly one of my favorite RPGs of the mid-2000s. I hope this is more of the same or somehow better, get that poo poo

It's significantly better

They've learnt a shitload from Nehrim and this game is basically a tutorial in how to do loot. They've hit the mark so well with the dungeons, mix of really short, 1 room dungeons with 1 tough monster and proper full length dungeons, and the hand placed loot and collectibles is amazing. Off the beaten path, they put a chest on top of every mountain it seems like, plus collectible plants and power marks in dungeons.

I'm still annoyed that I'm almost at the main city and I don't have the cuirass for the well travelled set, but otherwise the game has been pretty good. It's also so much prettier than Skyrim was, they did a lot of custom grass and custom plants and custom leaves, and it really adds a lot to the game.

But yeah the loot/dungeoneering is a masterclass.

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009
I just found that particular piece of armor. Explore the city once you get to it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Urthor posted:

It's significantly better

They've learnt a shitload from Nehrim and this game is basically a tutorial in how to do loot. They've hit the mark so well with the dungeons, mix of really short, 1 room dungeons with 1 tough monster and proper full length dungeons, and the hand placed loot and collectibles is amazing. Off the beaten path, they put a chest on top of every mountain it seems like, plus collectible plants and power marks in dungeons.

I'm still annoyed that I'm almost at the main city and I don't have the cuirass for the well travelled set, but otherwise the game has been pretty good. It's also so much prettier than Skyrim was, they did a lot of custom grass and custom plants and custom leaves, and it really adds a lot to the game.

But yeah the loot/dungeoneering is a masterclass.

I seem to have multiples of a lot of armor set pieces, yet I'm constantly missing the chest piece for all of them. Quite mysterious.

Soks
Apr 1, 2006
lol internet

Soks posted:

Has anyone found a cast-when-key-pressed mod that works with the powers you gain from this game's skill tree?

Tried Hotkeys++ and Grimy's Utilities thus far, neither seem to consider them spells, thus don't work with them.

AH Hotkeys worked for this, little slower than the others, little janky, but works just fine. As I bonus I made my most commonly pressed hotkey also eat any ice claws I have in my inventory. :v:

Other mods that are working great for me:
Enderal :allears:
Quick Light (Wish it made you buy lantern oil like that other one)
Instant Mining (thank gently caress)
Quick Loot (FO4-like looting)
Enhanced Soultrap
Better Dialogue Controls

And these:

Agents are GO! posted:

Since SKSE is built into Enderal, I decided to see if a few SKSE plugins work. So far I've tried Crash Fixes (with the alternate malloc memory fix), Bug Fixes, Better Jumping, Better Stealing, and Enhanced Camera.

Yes, Better Stealing works. Also, use Mod Organizer. It works just like it always has, use the SKSE launch option.

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
Is there a forge in Riverville or some other area accessible early? Got these blueprints but no way to use them.

Yep, there is one in Riverville. Here I thought I was thorough.

Greaseman fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Aug 16, 2016

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Does Enderal ship with ENB? My game is super dark and has a lot of graphical glitches, for example I can see reflected light on geometry through walls and random geometry flickers in and out of existence. There are a bunch of ENB files still living in my Skyrim directory after installing Enderal, so I'm wondering if they should be there or if that's causing all my problems.

e: Haha, wow moving enb files around broke everything in a terrible way. I suppose I'll try a fresh install.

kedo fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 16, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

How do I use Enderal with Mod Organizer? I don't know where to find its .esm to start with.

Edit: Duh, it doesn't have its own name, it's just called Skyrim.esm. I'm dumb about this kinda stuff sometimes.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 16, 2016

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

kedo posted:

Does Enderal ship with ENB? My game is super dark and has a lot of graphical glitches, for example I can see reflected light on geometry through walls and random geometry flickers in and out of existence. There are a bunch of ENB files still living in my Skyrim directory after installing Enderal, so I'm wondering if they should be there or if that's causing all my problems.

e: Haha, wow moving enb files around broke everything in a terrible way. I suppose I'll try a fresh install.

yeah I hosed my skyrim installation up with ENB files as well haha

but yeah I installed Enderal and it has its own setup. As long as you don't touch anything I am 99% sure that no matter what you have done to your Skyrim install as long as files aren't missing it'll work.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I never used ENB and still get those, so its normal

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Holy poo poo awesome! I just browsing for a game to buy (they all suck) and this just happens to be out today. Nehrim was easily the best free game I ever played and I have high hopes this will be even better.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Soks posted:

AH Hotkeys worked for this, little slower than the others, little janky, but works just fine. As I bonus I made my most commonly pressed hotkey also eat any ice claws I have in my inventory. :v:

Other mods that are working great for me:
Enderal :allears:
Quick Light (Wish it made you buy lantern oil like that other one)
Instant Mining (thank gently caress)
Quick Loot (FO4-like looting)
Enhanced Soultrap
Better Dialogue Controls

And these:

Yes, Better Stealing Stehlen works. Also, use Mod Organizer. It works just like it always has, use the SKSE launch option.

Fixed that for you. Time to go brew up some [Gift]s to apply to my weapon!

Also, many of your favorite texture replacers are relevant too.

Edit: Double-gently caress the Star-People's Lock.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

the star peoples lock is easy, just do the top layer first so you can drop down unless there are more later on that are terrible

• Locked thread