Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Is there a way to add a cooking station to my house in the marketplace? I'm not seeing anything in the blueprints the bank guy is selling.

EDIT: or is there an easily accessible one somewhere in Ark I'm trying to cook some food.

Zereth fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

the talk with this guy was awful, I like him though because angry atheist grandpa is good.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 18, 2016

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is there a problem with sneak enchantments? They're not showing up as buff on the stats screen.

If anyone has picked up the quest to check on the gallery owner's Ma' go do it! It's a really good side quest.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Interesting. You can drop items in the Meditation Zone, and they appear to stay there. I've left an arrow there for a while as a test and it's still there.

I wonder if I could've used this to get items out of that dream sequence I went through...

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

joebob posted:

Missing files sounds possible. He is supposed to be voiced during that first conversation when he is chopping wood.

After re-installing both entire games and still getting problems (with vanilla Skyrim as well as Enderal), I checked around and tried doing what someone mentioned and deleted the .ini files that the game creates when it's first loaded and then booted vanilla Skyrim to recreate them. This apparently fixed the problem, but poo poo I still have no idea why the whole drat thing happened in the first place.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Anyone know where the second point of the poem in Secrets from the Can points to? I tried talking to the questgiving boy but I can't choose to ask him what to do next due to a bug or something (starting to think I've got some mod that messes with it)

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

evilmiera posted:

Anyone know where the second point of the poem in Secrets from the Can points to? I tried talking to the questgiving boy but I can't choose to ask him what to do next due to a bug or something (starting to think I've got some mod that messes with it)

read the quest journal, its actually useful in enderal. look for some notdwarven ruins on the giant hill with a dead tree west of town

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
How are bows in this mod? I prefer to play a thief with a bow in TES games but in vanilla bows usually are atrociously weak beyond the first stealth crit.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Trogdos! posted:

How are bows in this mod? I prefer to play a thief with a bow in TES games but in vanilla bows usually are atrociously weak beyond the first stealth crit.

bows are actually really strong in base skyrim.

To answer your question though the game seems a lot more hack and slashy in that I have to wail on stuff more than I am used to, and bows are not an exception. Still, bows are my primary damage dealer but I got lucky with stumbling onto a good bow. I would say that they are roughly equal with one handed leaning on the stronger side of things.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Specializing in one handed or two handed will probably be decided by which powerful artifact I stumble across first.

Is there a way to toggle to german voice acting with english subtitles, or not quite there yet?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Specializing in one handed or two handed will probably be decided by which powerful artifact I stumble across first.

Is there a way to toggle to german voice acting with english subtitles, or not quite there yet?

Toggle, no. Someone on the SureAI boards gave instructions on what files to replace if you want to do it manually but the subtitle/voice sync will probably be off.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Also here's a pro-tip to everyone that I forgot to mention a couple days ago: Try to interact with every well. Trust me on this one. If you're past the Sun Coast and don't know what I'm talking about, you already missed one.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

On the subject of bows, they do OK damage, but my life got a lot easier when I started using Entropy magic to summon a friend. The trouble is that other than Summons, which are very strong, the Entropy/Psionics Sinistrope path seems to be very weak.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Bound weapons seem to be doing good damage even without the 40% damage trait, but I'm sure some hidden super weapon would obsolete them eventually.
That devour trait to fill up health/mana/stam seems handy too if you fight swarms of things.

I don't suppose upping the difficulty increases the exp you gain per kill does it? since in vanilla skyrim upping the difficulty means more hits to level up skills as a sort of "exp" boost by increased difficulty.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 18, 2016

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
I've been playing the English language version and also had a look at the German language version.

I so want a German language version with English subtitles now.

The kids voices are not nearly as irritating and the German voice actors can actually emote, instead of being mostly bland bad anime dub quality vocals.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does anyone know where the esm for Enderal is?

E: Or what the armour the keepers wear is called.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 18, 2016

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does anyone know where the esm for Enderal is?

E: Or what the armour the keepers wear is called.

I think it directly modifies the skyrim.esm instead of having its own separate one.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wait a minute...this is the plot of mass effect!

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Anyone having problems with loading and FMVs in windowed (borderless) mode? It seems to work fine in fullscreen, but then I gotta disable the "crash proofing" setting in the setup. Strange thing is that it worked fine a few days ago so either the latest nvidia drivers or the upgrade to Enderal 1.1.0.4 broke something.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

ymgve posted:

Anyone having problems with loading and FMVs in windowed (borderless) mode? It seems to work fine in fullscreen, but then I gotta disable the "crash proofing" setting in the setup. Strange thing is that it worked fine a few days ago so either the latest nvidia drivers or the upgrade to Enderal 1.1.0.4 broke something.

I did with loading, but I occasionally have the problem with skyrim too. It usually happens randomly for some reason.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The spellcasting schools seem largely just renamed from Skyrim, anyone discover some spells with major differences about them compared to vanilla schools?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The spellcasting schools seem largely just renamed from Skyrim, anyone discover some spells with major differences about them compared to vanilla schools?

I don't really remember all the spells from Skyrim, but i have definitely seen a few new spells. Also in general elemental magic seems to be much more powerful in comparison to skyrim. Some of the new summon spells are extremely useful as well.

E.g. some of my spells can one shot brigands even though i have barely leveled up that at all.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I have been lectured on the evils of religion by three different NPCs right after each other. Please kill me

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Don't worry, late-game is NPC's preaching to you about the evils of atheism.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Perhaps the truth... is somewhere in the middle

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Anyone figure out how ghostwalk works? Every time I use it, time slows down and I highlight the dude I wish to teleport to. Then I have to wait 5 seconds for the time slow to wear off. Then I port to him and drop combat (invisibility) *sometimes*. Seems very wonky and slow.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Man I am having such a weird time with progression.

I've picked up enough pickpocket to get to 60% success on most small things, but nothing else I've done has really made any difference in combat or anything. I almost feel like they should've disposed of the way skill points worked in Skyrim entirely and focused on the memory trees

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

skill points and learning points seem pointless

dump em in armor and move on it seems like

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Infinity Gaia posted:

Also here's a pro-tip to everyone that I forgot to mention a couple days ago: Try to interact with every well. Trust me on this one. If you're past the Sun Coast and don't know what I'm talking about, you already missed one.
What exactly do I need for that sun coast one anyway? Is it a specific item somewhere in the region, or do I just need any old gold goblet and what sounds like an an emerald?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Mortimer posted:

skill points and learning points seem pointless

dump em in armor and move on it seems like

Learning points are essential for putting into rhetoric so I get more EXP out of quests and more gold and such. Also supposedly you can craft cool poo poo later with Handicraft?

I'm pretty sure the weapon skills are also worth putting points into. Maybe? I think it's only magic that's kinda whatever.

Zereth posted:

What exactly do I need for that sun coast one anyway? Is it a specific item somewhere in the region, or do I just need any old gold goblet and what sounds like an an emerald?

You got it, any old GOLD goblet (needs to be specifically a gold goblet) and an emerald. I'm not sure if it needs to just be a standard emerald or if flawless will work as well but a regular one definitely works

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
Yeah, what do points in magic skills actually do if they're not required for the 'perks'? If I'm only interested in summoning things and bound weapons it seems so far like there's no reason to increase the relevant skill.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Greaseman posted:

Yeah, what do points in magic skills actually do if they're not required for the 'perks'? If I'm only interested in summoning things and bound weapons it seems so far like there's no reason to increase the relevant skill.
If it's like Skyrim it decreases the magicka cost. But if you're only summoning a bound weapon every 5 minutes or so it probably doesn't matter. I feel like making perks no longer require a certain skill level might have been a misstep.

On the flipside, it feels like the devs saw how weak destruction magic was in Skyrim and responded by making Elementarist spells hilariously overpowered. Shock magic is particularly devastating--Blazing Spark Rank I is 22 shock damage for 7 magicka, and that's enough to instantly one-shot any Sun Coast monster from across a room with a dual cast. I just got to Ark and found Rank II, which is 46 damage for just 11 magicka. And that's an Apprentice-level spell. :stare:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

If it's like Skyrim it decreases the magicka cost. But if you're only summoning a bound weapon every 5 minutes or so it probably doesn't matter. I feel like making perks no longer require a certain skill level might have been a misstep.

On the flipside, it feels like the devs saw how weak destruction magic was in Skyrim and responded by making Elementarist spells hilariously overpowered. Shock magic is particularly devastating--Blazing Spark Rank I is 22 shock damage for 7 magicka, and that's enough to instantly one-shot any Sun Coast monster from across a room with a dual cast. I just got to Ark and found Rank II, which is 46 damage for just 11 magicka. And that's an Apprentice-level spell. :stare:

Earlier today I was faffing about in the southern part of the map when I found myself up against a dragon. After dying a couple times due to getting one shot by fireballs, I found out that by summoning some random poo poo (I think I used a Clay Elemental) I could pelt the dragon safely with dual cast Ice Spike II's. It only took about a dozen of those before it went down, probably would've been much faster if I had III's. A far cry from vanilla Skyrim, that's for sure.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Can I use NMM to add mods to Enderal? If so, how do I go about doing something like that? I wanna install immersive animations but gently caress if im installing the full installer manually and not just using the .fomm install

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Just in case you're still undecided about trying out this mod, here's an elf with a monocle

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

MadJackMcJack posted:

Just in case you're still undecided about trying out this mod, here's an elf with a monocle

and he's a goddamn accountant too, prime murder material

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bob NewSCART posted:

Can I use NMM to add mods to Enderal? If so, how do I go about doing something like that? I wanna install immersive animations but gently caress if im installing the full installer manually and not just using the .fomm install

Yeah you can, at least with the ones I've done. It uses the Skyrim.esm so most mods will recognise it. I've only done it for texture and armour mods though. More complicated ones might run into some issues.:shrug:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Learning points are essential for putting into rhetoric so I get more EXP out of quests and more gold and such. Also supposedly you can craft cool poo poo later with Handicraft?

Nice try but those are both crafting points skills. I'm talking about learning points which if you're a mage are 100% worthless

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011

Mortimer posted:

Nice try but those are both crafting points skills. I'm talking about learning points which if you're a mage are 100% worthless

I constantly ran out of mana in mid-game fights and got my rear end handed to me as a result before I ditched the beginner set and started wearing a patchwork suit to stack spell cost reductions, so I wouldn't really call a up to 50% (I think) reduction in mana costs worthless. Maybe if you only use summons or shield spells, but being able to fire off even one more chain lightning or fireball before running empty is a big improvement when you can only cast like six or seven of those even after putting all level-up increases into mana.

e: I just checked, at the end of the game, my mana pool is sitting just below 500 points and my elementalism level is 113. Wearing no equipment, I can fire off a grand total of seven dual-casted, rank six fireballs before running out. An average enemy can take four or five of those to the face before dying. At 15 skill, I can use only four of them. With equipment, that changes to seven/twelve fireballs, respectively.

Mygna fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
Whining!

The whole Brotherhood of Kor sidequest (starts in a potion shop in Noble District) feels like it was somebody else's unfinished mod just shoved into the game pointlessly. Small area you can only get to via teleporting that isn't on the map, check. Horribly inconsistent monster placement and difficulty, check. Walking around an admittedly gorgeously built empty area because you have to read a bunch of NPC's instant messenger logs, check. No loot, check. And then the limpest dick ending you can possibly imagine.

And gently caress you, Giant Spider. gently caress you! How did you even get in there?

• Locked thread