Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

well I mean, I don't think the outfit is impossible with medieval technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I never used ENB and still get those, so its normal

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

the star peoples lock is easy, just do the top layer first so you can drop down unless there are more later on that are terrible

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

My load times are atrocious since the last patch and I don't know if it was the patch or if Ark just sucks this much and I am only just now noticing.
This game is real pretty but I can't help but feel the creators overdid the foliage just a wee bit, the only time I notice it is when its in my way or makes me drop frames like crazy.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

the talk with this guy was awful, I like him though because angry atheist grandpa is good.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Aug 18, 2016

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

evilmiera posted:

Anyone know where the second point of the poem in Secrets from the Can points to? I tried talking to the questgiving boy but I can't choose to ask him what to do next due to a bug or something (starting to think I've got some mod that messes with it)

read the quest journal, its actually useful in enderal. look for some notdwarven ruins on the giant hill with a dead tree west of town

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Trogdos! posted:

How are bows in this mod? I prefer to play a thief with a bow in TES games but in vanilla bows usually are atrociously weak beyond the first stealth crit.

bows are actually really strong in base skyrim.

To answer your question though the game seems a lot more hack and slashy in that I have to wail on stuff more than I am used to, and bows are not an exception. Still, bows are my primary damage dealer but I got lucky with stumbling onto a good bow. I would say that they are roughly equal with one handed leaning on the stronger side of things.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

ymgve posted:

Anyone having problems with loading and FMVs in windowed (borderless) mode? It seems to work fine in fullscreen, but then I gotta disable the "crash proofing" setting in the setup. Strange thing is that it worked fine a few days ago so either the latest nvidia drivers or the upgrade to Enderal 1.1.0.4 broke something.

I did with loading, but I occasionally have the problem with skyrim too. It usually happens randomly for some reason.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I have been lectured on the evils of religion by three different NPCs right after each other. Please kill me

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Perhaps the truth... is somewhere in the middle

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Also, I think I need to murder a bread seller because of the voice actor.

no don't, she sells pretzels which are the cheapest prepared food I found so far.

I guess you could spend 5 minutes hunting salmon in the bay and then tracking down somewhere to cook but some of us have places to be, and people to see. :colbert:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

A.o.D. posted:

Why can't I see further than 5 feet in any direction because of all the god damned shrubberies in the way?

Tell me about it.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

If you battled that mud man with weapons, then you'd know how good you have it.

Thread consensus is that destruction is really strong

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

MrTheDevious posted:

In general it's not harder than Skyrim, but everything does a LOT more damage and you're REALLY weak at the beginning. You can't eat very many hits to the face in this, but neither can the stuff you're fighting.

thats not my experience with melee weapons at all. I find that I really got to wail on things to an absurd degree to kill things where as in the base game a power attack or two will do basic poo poo in. I always play on normal and with sperg though, maybe its better than legendary enemies.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

sky ui has the option of adding value/weight if you click the gear in the ?top right?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

TorakFade posted:

I feel your pain, but at least this is a proper rpg, bethesda should hire these guys to make a decent story / world for once.

Don't be dissing Nirn, n'wah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Gobblecoque posted:

Are they? I don't really feel like this has happened with at least Bethesda RPGs since like Morrowind. In all the others you can just kinda fart your way through the main quest and then fart your way through whatever final boss there is. I don't remember the main or dlc bad guys in Skyrim being any more challenging than regular bandit chiefs meanwhile in Oblivion an NPC fights the boss for you and I don't think there was a final boss in Fallout 3 other than the silly radiation chamber of "but thou must die."

To me, these kinds of games are largely about exploration and gear progression is one of a number of factors to make exploration more interesting and involved than just having the game be a walk around simulator.

the fallout 3 expansions at least were a kick in the teeth. point lookout monsters had an innate unblockable 30 damage added on to their attacks so rip you if you didn't have god armor

• Locked thread