Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Roland Jones posted:

So, this seems interesting, but I have a Steam copy of Skyrim. Is there anything special I need to do to make a clean copy, if I can, without it or Steam getting upset?

Everyone has a steam copy of Skyrim. The first thing the installer does is make a backup of your Skyrim files.

Also this game is hard. I spend a lot of time running from fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Rrussom posted:

Huh, heres something mildly interesting, when you complete the quest 'secrets from the can' you get the sword 'Cold Night' which seems to be a very rough and unfinished two-hander. but thinking about the name, it could also be made of Cold Iron.

Where the gently caress is the place described by the poem

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Merrill Grinch posted:

The Shrine is Right there as a big glowing building next to the ocean, not "behind our house" like the kid says.

The next spot is the giant tree on top of the big hill to the west

Last is I dunno, i followed some ruin stairs nearby and found it

Thank you!

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

kikkelivelho posted:

Some of the spells at least seem to have stronger versions of them (rank 2 and 3 and so on) so it might be fixed? Magic is really powerful at the start but I have no idea how it's going to scale.

I am kind of in a state of analysis paralysis. At level six, so far magic has been pretty powerful and even though I took an assassin skill of 2.5x damage for stealth kills I have yet to actually sneak attack anything. I have no idea what direction to go. I haven't meditated since the first time I was required to.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

kedo posted:

I'm at work and thus cannot test any of this out, but can anyone give me an idea of how tough of an install this will be with my currently 50-70 modded version of Skyrim? Is it as easy as making a new blank profile in MO, unsubscribing from the single workshop mod I have, and disabling ENB?

I'd like to eventually go back to modded Skyrim after awhile, so I'm curious what if anything I'm going to need to do to make it work properly. Does the installer just do everything for me? It seems like the answer is yes, but at the same time I can't believe it's that easy.

First thing the installer will do is move all of that stuff into a back up file. I haven't tried switching back yet but it was that easy to get Enderal going on my super modded skyrim.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man there sure are shitloads of things to do in this city. Right now my main goal is to find the keys to every bank vault and steal everyone's loot.

I wonder if investing gold is actually worthwhile? I doubt it somehow. I like how the cheaper house is actually quite affordable, under 1000 gold for me at my current rhetoric level. I could've afforded it outright but I spent a lot of backed up gold in skillbooks.

Where abouts are your finding keys?

I invested 5000 pennies and am currently earning 147 more per day. It's not super fast.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

I didn't play much of Nehrim. So far it feels smaller than Skyrim but very dense. My guess would be like 40% of the size of Skyrim but 60% of the content? Just a guess. I am only 10 hours or so into the game.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Have an odd bug or something going on where right away at the beginning of the game where you enter the house, Daddy follows you into the room with the elk and then just sits there. Is something supposed to be voiced and not activating or something?

Yeah there is supposed to be a scripted scene there. You are not using any extra mods are you?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Wondering now if some of the files didn't copy properly or something, because there was no vocalization in the first conversation when he was busy chopping wood (not sure if there was supposed to be some or not, though).

Missing files sounds possible. He is supposed to be voiced during that first conversation when he is chopping wood.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Specializing in one handed or two handed will probably be decided by which powerful artifact I stumble across first.

Is there a way to toggle to german voice acting with english subtitles, or not quite there yet?

Toggle, no. Someone on the SureAI boards gave instructions on what files to replace if you want to do it manually but the subtitle/voice sync will probably be off.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

Welp, I'm stuck near the end of the Old Rashengrad quest. The part where the dwemer elevator descends while rotating bounces the essential NPC out of the world and breaks the scripting. Doing a player.placeatme command for both variations of that NPC just causes a non-interactable NPC to appear and perform idle animations. Because of this, I don't get the key needed to open any of the doors in old Rashengrad, and I can't advance the 'get rid of my magic sickness' quest. Help what do

I remembered something about placeatme creating a new instance of a NPC, so I googled it. It's true. placeatme creates a new copy.

What you want to use is moveto player XXXXX (where XXXX is the npc's refid. I think you can get it by clicking on her or using help)

a more organized explanation. https://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/828925849555052348/

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I know how to spend memory points or whatever. What do I use learning points for, and where are the crafting skills?

You learn those via books. Each books boosts that skill by a point. The higher your skill gets the more expensive the books are.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
I just ran into a bug with the gambling logic. For whatever reason my opponents pennies doubled every round regardless of the outcome. He currently has 176 million pennies on him. Looking for a chance to pickpocket now.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Geirskogul posted:

I have a complete, legal, Steam copy of Enderal. But, after enderal's update, when SKSE launches it says "please update to the latest version of Skyrim." I've deleted and re-downloaded Skyrim, but it still says this :(

This is happening when you hit Launch Enderal in the Enderal launcher? I am not sure exactly where the error is happening. you could try this:

http://en.wiki.sureai.net/Enderal:LauncherDebugging

quote:

If the installation of an update fails (e.g. "Installing 11/10" or "12/10" etc.) or the launcher displays that everthing is installed but you can't start the game, go to this directory: C:\program files(x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Skyrim\EnderalLauncher\system\config.sur. Edit the file (it's a textfile) with e.g. Notepad++ in this way: replace the "sCurrentVersion" with an older version (safest: "1.1.0.0").

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
How does enchanting work exactly? I wanted to put +bow on something but the game says I can't put it on the item I want(fine steel chest-piece). Do certain enchantments only work on certain types of items? I didn't do any enchanting in Skyrim so this is all new to me.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Cynic Jester posted:

Yepp. Certain enchantments only go on certain locations. I think Bow is gloves and...head?

Thanks! I found a table that explains what I can put where. http://www.carlsguides.com/skyrim/magic/enchanting.php

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Just started this

Do I just suck, or is the beginning kinda hard? Most things kill you in a couple hits, you really can't heal yourself and your damage output is weak.

Arcane Feaver sucks

It's pretty hard at first. I just ran from things until I got to the first town and then went back to the areas I skipped later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Man, the endgame was really good (other than the usual Enderal thing where it keeps turning off your controls and vomiting words at you) but not at all the thing to play on a day where I'm already feeling more depressed than usual. This was never going to have a happy ending, huh :(

I just finished the game yesterday and I feel the same way. I have heard that they might release a third ending choice in a DLC, but yeah its pretty bleak as is. Overall I think it was amazing, especially being free and made by volunteers. I cannot believe how much work they put into the custom locations used for the main quest. The game is crazy pretty.

edit - I don't like the controls being taken away from me, especially when its not for any specific purpose. Let me run around the room like a spaz while they are talking at-least.

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 18, 2016

• Locked thread