Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

Still interest in me posting that load order of mods I've gotten working with enderal so far? It's mostly stuff out of the Enderal mod comparability spreadsheet or whatever, but it's a pretty good set up right now and everything works without a hitch.
yes please. If not you then someone else do it. I'm holding off on playing until I work out a good list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

is it just me who starts singing "I've got arcane fever, I've got it toooooooooo" a la Muppets Treasure Island every time you get an arcane fever notification

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got to Riverwood or whatever and a weird kid called Sillas keeps walking up and stopping a few feet away from me and I can't talk to him. I'm assuming something has gone wrong here. It happens even if I load a save

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Stealth archer is good but illusion is underwhelming in my experience.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Man, the endgame was really good (other than the usual Enderal thing where it keeps turning off your controls and vomiting words at you) but not at all the thing to play on a day where I'm already feeling more depressed than usual. This was never going to have a happy ending, huh :(

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah, I can think of plenty of huge issues with the writing and pacing and so on - loads of daft plot contrivances and idiot balls, clumsy philosophy, at least three Deus Ex Machinas wandering around at any given time, the army of euphoric dudes showing up to enlighten everyone with their intelligence in a rather weird and distracting way - but it feels a little churlish to nitpick what turned out to be an excellent end product for a free fan project... other than when they make you fall over and listen to the more egregious nonsense for ten minutes at a time, which is definitely a problem, but hey. I ended up really enjoying going through the main quest as it picked up steam, got surprisingly attached to the characters and their struggle and was sad to see them go.

Need to go back and explore some of the other dungeons, some of the side areas with no actual quests attached proved to be really fantastic dungeons that I ended up skipping towards the end. Might leave it for a while to see if some of the smooth edges get roughed out and the DLC actually materialises - reading a bit about it on reddit, it all seems a bit up in the air at the moment, SureAI seems to have effectively been just one guy by the end. It's a shame to see so many areas where they had to cut content, like the entire Undercity and the Veiled Woman (who sorely needed that cut questline of hers in order to make her more than just the worst of the Deus Ex Machinas mentioned above).

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 18, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Captainsalami posted:

Does this work with the hd version maybe?
Nope. Need to wait for a version of the Script Extender for the Special Edition, and that's just the start.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder what the alternate ending's going to be. With quests dealing with Yuslan more - and presumably Lishari's death - I'm assuming it'll involve dealing with him and actually nuking the High Ones, but the developer said somewhere it wouldn't necessarily be the "best" ending so I dunno if that works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

wanna weaponise the floating city and turn it into a space dreadnought

• Locked thread